Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facial hair removal

I get my eyebrows threaded, and it's run by a lady from India. All the Indian ladies get their faces and hairlines done. I know that my eyebrows take forever to grow back, and it can be done on shorter hair. It's also cheap cheap cheap! $5 for eyebrows.

Sally Hansen makes a depilitory for faces. It works really well. I never get that burned skin thing unless I leave it on way too long.

Elite Member

ive waxed for years...i just started electorlysis. best thing i ever did

My moustache is another thing where I hate my mother's genes...

It's not too bad, just a bit of bumfluff, looks awful in some lights and barely noticable in others.

I used to bleach occasionally, but mentioned this to a beautician while getting waxed and she was horrified - waxed it for me for free. I used to hate waxing it because a) it does hurt like hell and b) it tends to cause me to break out in pimples for a day or two after.

Now I just get it waxed every few months - not as regularly as legs and bikini line, probably every four months or so. Just depends on how it's going!

It does hurt, I was nearly in tears the otehr day when I had it done, but it doesn't take long - and it is MUCH better to pay $10 or whatever to get someone else to do it! I can't cope with waxing myself - I know it's going to hurt so I can' pull the bloody things off properly.

Get my eyebrows waxed as well, usually because I'm a moron when it comes to plucking my eyebrows in a decent shape!

Quote Originally Posted by tofucheesecake View Post
    How do you epilate your armpits? Whenever I do it, I get skin caught in the tweezers and it's bloody and more painful than it should be.
    Some eiplators are better than others in those areas, it's true.

Armpit skin is easier to catch than legs where you have bone just underneath.

Try a different epilator and try using some talcum powder first. If your armpits have any moisture there, it stops the tweezers sliding over....

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I buy a microwaveable wax at the beauty supply store. I used to be a stylist so I figure I am safe doing my own. lol. I do my lip hair and eyebrows. I have very pale skin and the hair is coal-freakin-black! Gawd! I have been removing the lip hair since I was about 14 or 15 (mom was a stylist and helped me). I used the creams back then and had to be careful to avoid chemical burns. I prefer wax.

^^ Me too with the pale skin/dark hair combo. It's so obvious.

On the upside, it responds best of all to laser, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
    I use Parissa Hard Wax, It is amazing and does not damage the skin. This stuff will pull out ALL of your unwanted hair. BONUS-no need for wax strips either!!!
    I LOVE the Parissa line of Wax.

I use the wax that you rub between your hands for my upper lip. HArd Wax for my unmentionables.
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    I get my eyebrows threaded, and it's run by a lady from India. All the Indian ladies get their faces and hairlines done. I know that my eyebrows take forever to grow back, and it can be done on shorter hair. It's also cheap cheap cheap! $5 for eyebrows.
    My hair stylist just mentioned this to me yesterday. What do they do exactly?
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Bronze Member

After reading this forum today, I went out and bought the Parissa Hot Wax kit.
    I have always been (well, more so lately in the last four or five years) really self conscious of the hair on my upper lip. I'm pale and freckly, and while my natural hair color is dark dirty blond, the hair on my upper lip is dark and quit noticeable (I think anyways). I am always worried that it's really noticeable when I'm talking to people, and I work with the public. In short, it always seemed to be on my mind. Today I bought this kit and just finished using it. It's messy, but it WORKS! I love it, I couldn't be happier. It hurt a little, but it's worth it. The nourishing liquid stuff that you put on afterwards is really pretty and it left my skin feeling soft. I highly recommend it (and thanks for those who passed the word on to me!).

Bronze Member

oh and for those who use it, how often do you find that you need to do it again?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information