Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Face Peel

Bronze Member

Default Re: Face Peel

Quote Originally Posted by Tierra
    Does anyone know how to get rid those red marks left from acne? Neutrogena came out with this fading stuff but it didn't work for me.
    The active ingredient in the Neutrogena fading mask is 2.5% salicylic acid. The exact same ingredient you can buy in their wash, and every other freaking brand of acne wash out there.

There is nothing special or different at all about Neutrogena's "fading" mask.

A total of waste of money, and that's why I didn't buy it!

I have however been seeing success with a 2.5% glycolic acid lotion, incidentally by Neutrogena. I've been doing a "test" of putting it on my forehead only (I recently started birth control pills) so wanted to see if it was really working. Guess what - after about a month my forehead is perfectly clear. I've never seen it this clear in my life. The rest of my face still needs help though, and I'm now I'm starting to put the cream on all over. The BP pills appear to have done nothing to help my skin.

whatever you do, don't end up like Axl Rose.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

For acne scarring I've been using Gamma Hydroxy. I've been using it for about a month now and there is a significant change in the scarring. They're very much lighter. Its also helping in clearing any new acne I've gotten when I combine it with benzoyl peroxide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierra
    Does anyone know how to get rid those red marks left from acne? Neutrogena came out with this fading stuff but it didn't work for me.
    Don't you just love how none of Neutrogena's spokesmodels (Kristin Kreuk, Mischa Barton) have never had a zit in their lives and yet advertise skin-clearing products?

The Oil of Olay regenerist peel has gotten a lot of good reviews on makeupalley.com

Quote Originally Posted by tofucheesecake
    Don't you just love how none of Neutrogena's spokesmodels (Kristin Kreuk, Mischa Barton) have never had a zit in their lives and yet advertise skin-clearing products?

Oh yes, and the girls on the spot treatment commercials with imaginary zits.

Quote Originally Posted by tiki
    Do you use these cloths more than once? I may get some.
    Oh yeah, you use it over and over again. I've had the same one for about 18months. It's a thick fabric cloth, so you just rinse it with cold water to clean it.

I just wanted to chime in... I started using L'Oreal's Renoviste peel kit a while ago. You do two treatments a week for a month. I'm on week 2. The kit isn't very strong - I think it's only 10% - but I don't really need stronger than that. It's doing a good job so far. My skin is smoother and more even toned than before. I've gone without any foundation or powder for a couple of days now, and people have commented on how great my skin looks. I think I'll try the Olay Microdermabrasion/Peel kit next time, I've heard great things about it, too.
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it on my own!

^^I've been using the Renoviste Peel Kit, but haven't really noticed any difference. Maybe the 10% isn't strong enough for me.

Barbara, where do you get the Larachem 30% peel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information