Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Eyebrow waxing gone wrong, please, someone needs to relate!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I hate to mention this, but lots of woman overdid their eyebrow plucking back when it was a fad & never did it regrow! You will know pretty quick if you have a prob!
    Weird as it sounds, it does happen. One of my great aunts and two cousins once shaved off theirs and drew them back on (apparently this was 'in' for awhile...we're talking 1930's or 40's here) and hers never grew back. Ever since I can remember she's had 'drawn on' brows. They look a bit like the raised brow in SYP's post. Except very high but too rounded, almost like more of an 'arc' than an arch. And the entire line is the same thickness (or thinness I should say) which has always made me secretly wish someone would do them for her and show her how to at least make them look more normal, if that's possible. But hey, at least both brows look the same! There'd be no way I could keep a straight face at a family gathering if she had one raised brow with a straight line!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

mrs. dark i understand if you wax repeatedly, you might slow or stop regrowth but your aunt/cousins simply shaved their brows and they didn't grow back..? shaving doesn't affect the root at all while waxing sort of does so i'm a little perplexed why they didn't grow back...

Just my great aunt. The brows of the other two grew back. Have no idea why. Just one of those freaky things.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    mrs. dark i understand if you wax repeatedly, you might slow or stop regrowth but your aunt/cousins simply shaved their brows and they didn't grow back..? shaving doesn't affect the root at all while waxing sort of does so i'm a little perplexed why they didn't grow back...
    I wish that would work for my legs!

Dear lord this thread reminded me of an idiot friend of my bro's they were at a bar one night and he was plastered and the lady behind the bar wouldn't serve him anymore and he got pissed and grabbed a pencil and told her if she didn't give him a beer he was gonna erase her eyebrow's lmao it was really funny because this guy never talked he was always the quiet one lol
    whitetigeress and Fran2 like this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    this is just maybe, a big maybe, but perhaps that eyebrow area is really sensitive or have such thin skin and thin hair? So possibly the the roots got shaved off?

I've heard some people say that you should shave off newborns' eyebrows and they'd grow back all nice and thick.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I've heard that about newborn's heads but never eyebrow's interesting lol i can just see me trying this not lol i'm a klutz i'd slip and cut the babies
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Use castor oil, put it on your eyebrows (you can use it for your lashes as well) to make them grow faster... You can use it whenever you want, but I always do it overnight...
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Bronze Member

OMG yes I went in to a salon in Lemon Grove, Ca, I was just looking to clean up my eyebrows like I have done many times before, but that night this place was the only one still open..when The lady took me back in the room I laid down and looked up at this employee and seen she draws her eyebrows on. I Immediately said" I just need them cleaned up a little" she replies" Oh that be no problem..when she stripped the wax tape off her eyes Dilated, she said " Oh it look so nice" when she handed me the mirror..lets just say she is Lucky I don't carry a weapon!! The 2nd eyebrow she did was now Missing the center totally, and the arch is gone. I have had to fill it in carefully with a brow pencil everyday , I have never had to use a brow pencil so I can feel your Pain. This is the only time I wish my brows would grow in fast.

I'm assuming after nine fucking years her eyebrows grew back.
    msdeb, SHELLEE, missbazilb and 3 others like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I once waxed half my eyebrow off by mistake. I was just sorting my eyebrows out, but wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing. Bad mistake.

I was reusing the wax strips to take off wax I had put on my eyebrows. Forgot to be mindful of the old wax when pressing on the the area I wanted to wax. Ripped it off, thought "fuck that hurt more than usual!" and then looked in the mirror.

"Fuuuuuuuck...."

Quick trip to Myer Highpoint (wasn't game to travel to city!) to ask for make up camouflage advice from Mac counter! Awkward few weeks until things regrew enough....

Lesson learned!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

When my mum was training to be a hairdresser one of the girls at the course thought it would be a good idea to use unguarded hair clippers to trim her eyebrows. It didn't turn out like she'd planned.
    missbazilb and fgg like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

So I went to the salon I've been going to for three years yesterday to get a pedicure and my brows cleaned up. My regular brow girl was on maternity leave, but I've used others there and have had no problems. But yesterday this older lady fucked me up. I have goddamn Pamela Anderson eyebrows.

She did the first one and I could feel that way too much hair came off so I sat up, grabbed the mirror and freaked out. I stormed out to the front hollering for Miss Wu, the owner, and she was as horrified as I was. She did the other eye herself, but there wasn't much she could do but make it match the first one. Ugh, this is going to take forever to grow out.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

since chemo, my eyebrows just didn't grow back much. sparse at best. I found some stuff on the internet called Wunderbrow. it's supposed to look great, and not come off when you sweat etc
    (which i tend to do). i've gone with shitty eyebrows for so damned long, i'm kind of worried about putting this on. i have visions of looking like Joan Crawford.
    greysfang and sputnik like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Best I can suggest is that you hit Youtube. There's loads of tutorials on the best way to use make up to fill in overplucked brows until you can grow them back in. Most seem to go with light penciling for shape and then brow powder to fill them out.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information