Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Eye Makeup Remover - Ideas Please?

Elite Member

My mom always used Vaseline and I did as a teen, but it gave me milia around my eyes (those little pearl-like cysts). I use Almay eye makeup remover and like it.

My mom used a little bit of Vaseline as her eye cream. Just a little bit, and while it didn't do squat for wrinkles, but she had the softest skin around her eyes. Every time I see a jar of Vaseline I think of my mom. She would have loved those little mini portable jars they make now. She would have had one in every purse.

How's it going A*O?

I use rose water & coz I'm a cheap bitch I bought the cooking one when I was low. That little bit of alcohol in it just makes it work better IMO.

I have a different idea - dye your lashes / have those permanent eyelashes fixed for thickness et Walah! No mascara!!!
    Free Charmed.

A*O

I'm using some cheapo Nivea eye makeup remover lotion (not cream) which seems to work fine. The clear liquid types are useless, especially on mascara. Anything oily or greasy just forms a slimy film. Yuk.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

My mum swears by Nivea but it just brings me out in hives, I've tried their wipes & other stuff but I just can't get on with it.

i remember the Ann French stuff too!
    Free Charmed.

Right now I'm using the free make up remover that came inside the Clinique gift bonus pack. Seems like just baby oil to me.

A*O

Ann French cleansing milk looks and feels exactly like, er, milk. And it's really effective but I can't get it here so that's that. Maybe I'll stock up next time I'm in the UK.
    Novice likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Bronze Member

My Simple (that's the name) Foaming Cleanser removes all my makeup except for the eyeliner I put on my lower waterline for which I use a q-tip dipped in water. It removes my mascara/eyeshadow easily. I have combo skin and love it. I used to use sweet almond oil then other oils and while it worked, I needed two wipes whereas with the foaming cleanser I don't. I've used various liquid-y eye makeup removers in the past but was always disappointed.

Silver Member

Bioderma Crealine (or Sensibio) Micellar Solution is a great for removing make-up. It used to be impossible to get in Australia, but Priceline and Terry White have started to carried Bioderma so it's now much more accessible. It's a liquid (just like water), but it really works. Gentle, non-oily and remove water-proof mascara and full on smokey-eye make-up. On days that I do wear make-up, I use this first all over my face before cleansing.

Avene also have something similar (also called Micellar Lotion), but I prefered the Bioderma one.

If you like cream/lotion then Pond's Cold Cream is the best and cheapest. I massage Pond's Cold Cream all over and wipe off with a hot towel. This remove all the make-up and also helps to exfoliate your skin.

i like this stuff because it doesn't leave a greasy afterfeeling and i can use it on my eyes, and when i'm not wearing any makeup at all and it cleans well with the flat cotton thingies you use to take off makeup. plus it's got like a pump type applier so you just push the blue part down with your cotton swab. no pouring.

Novice likes this.

Ooh! Those three last products look interesting. Annika do you but that locally or via a website?

simple brings me out too, I'm back to warm water & a flannel (again).
    Free Charmed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information