Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The enduring appeal of blondness

I tried putting blonde streaks in my hair a couple of months ago and it looked AWFUL--I'm so fair, it just didn't suit...it aged me about 5 years.

I'm content being a brunette. I dig the whole mysteriouso vibe.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I'm with you CD. My blonde foils look bloody awful and have damaged my hair so much. I wish for my darker hair back asap.

Good hair is always better than blond hair. Being a natural blond, I think the fuss is a bit overrated.

Being a natural blonde, I think it's overrated.

Good hair is more important than blonde hair!

Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheTownRed View Post
    Yeah right! There are more blondes alive today than there ever was in human history.
    Surely not? Not 100% natural ones, anyway
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

I think natural blond hair is quite beautiful, especially when it has many shades of blond and some white blond.

I'm not a fan of (bad) fake blond it just looks trashy to me.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Being a natural blonde, I think it's overrated.

Good hair is more important than blonde hair!
    I agree. Give me gorgeous, glossy, healthy hair anyday.
    Rock the fuck on!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    I agree. Give me gorgeous, glossy, healthy hair anyday.
    I third that.

Natural blond is gorgeous, as are all natural colors, but bottled blond just looks cheap and tacky, no matter how "well done" it is. It always looks fried, and not pleasing to the touch.

What's said in th article is old news to me, however... and it just sounds stupid that they try to justify a preference based on pre-historic peeps, when we're here and now, milleniums into the evolutionary process.

Blond rocks indeed... when natural.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I think people with any hair color can be beautiful. Some people look prettier as blondes, others as brunettes. It really isn't a contest.

Generally speaking, if you were blonde as a child you have the coloring to wear blonde hair. There are soooo many shades of blonde. What I dislike is when women who really need to be brunette (olive skin, really dark brows) insist on going blonde and don't want to accept that it looks awful.
    exactly. i'm a natural blonde. when i was little it was almost white. now it's dark ash blonde and my brows and lashes are the same colour so if i wanted to go dark i'd have to dye my brows as well. i just highlight from time to time to add some dimension to it because in winter it tends to get darker and kind of blah and but then in summer the more i'm outside the lighter it gets.
    but i always have to tell them to make my highlights ashy as well because for some reason people seem to love the more yellowish/golden types of blonde, or strawberry, which i really hate. it looks weird and brassy on me. i have to avoid any kind of red or orange undertone because it just doesn't suit my skintone and colouring. and neither does going darker. the one time i tried being a brunette i looked awful and washed out.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

I'm a natural blonde and I hate it. I dye my hair dark brown, but blonde roots are not a good look. In my personal opinion dark hair is more attractive than blonde. I envy people with naturally dark brown or black hair.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    exactly. i'm a natural blonde. when i was little it was almost white. now it's dark ash blonde and my brows and lashes are the same colour so if i wanted to go dark i'd have to dye my brows as well. i just highlight from time to time to add some dimension to it because in winter it tends to get darker and kind of blah and but then in summer the more i'm outside the lighter it gets.
    but i always have to tell them to make my highlights ashy as well because for some reason people seem to love the more yellowish/golden types of blonde, or strawberry, which i really hate. it looks weird and brassy on me. i have to avoid any kind of red or orange undertone because it just doesn't suit my skintone and colouring. and neither does going darker. the one time i tried being a brunette i looked awful and washed out.
    My highlights tend to be ash as well. It used to really bother me that so many bottle blondes pass themselves off as "real" blondes but most of them look so fake that only a fool wouldn't be able to guess! Of course, most men ARE fools about that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    My highlights tend to be ash as well. It used to really bother me that so many bottle blondes pass themselves off as "real" blondes but most of them look so fake that only a fool wouldn't be able to guess! Of course, most men ARE fools about that kind of thing.
    Seems like a lot of men just like blonde hair, natural or not.

It's true that most of the time they don't have a clue about our "beauty secrets".
    They think a lot of things are 'natural', but boy are they wrong! Bless their hearts.....

Where I grew up, you couldn't be a blonde AND a plain Jane.... even if you had an ugly-ass face and a deformed bod... people were so into blondness, it was incredible... I guess that, had I been blonde, I wouldn't have been laughed at the way I was

I have been a blonde and brunette and I love both. My natural color is a medium/light brown and i like that best, with some highlights. I have tried going really dark and it doesn't suit me, but i can pull off blonde pretty well.

My natural haircolour is a mix between blonde, red and light-brown. I dye my hair darker. There are natural blondes or people with a good dyejob, who look classy and fine. I don't like the cheap bottle blonde look at all. Especially not paired with orange skin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information