Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The enduring appeal of blondness

^^Oh, Honey....wouldn't I just be a doll with that hair

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    People usually think mine is natural, so I'm happy with that!
    Judging from your pic, I thought it was too.

That must mean you're doing it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I don't like platinum blonde, that is too blonde!
    It only looks good on a select few.... like Gwen or Debbie Harry.

Blonde hair is associated with youth `cos so many of us have blonde hair as very young children. For most of us it darkens as we get older.

Having said that, dyeing your hair too blond when you're older can actually age you and wash you out. It's a common mistake women make - to go blonder and blonder as they age.

It's weird 'cos I was blonde as a tot and my skin is porcelain white and yet when I dyed my hair blonde as a teen, it looked awful on me!
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

I'm a natural blonde, I have often thought I'd love to be a brunette, but it just doesn't suit as well.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    In a sea of bottled blondes, it works to my advantage now. I'm the only brunette among my friends, and plenty of co-workers. Being brunette is the way to stand out, so I help mine along and go even darker.
    This is my theory also - except I'm a natural blonde that colors my hair darker. Sometimes I'm a red head and at the moment, I'm a brunette. I happen to be pale with green eyes and the darker color makes my eyes really stand out.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I think people with any hair color can be beautiful. Some people look prettier as blondes, others as brunettes. It really isn't a contest.

Generally speaking, if you were blonde as a child you have the coloring to wear blonde hair. There are soooo many shades of blonde. What I dislike is when women who really need to be brunette (olive skin, really dark brows) insist on going blonde and don't want to accept that it looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    This is my theory also - except I'm a natural blonde that colors my hair darker. Sometimes I'm a red head and at the moment, I'm a brunette. I happen to be pale with green eyes and the darker color makes my eyes really stand out.
    That's me exactly. My natural color blends with my skin and there's not enough contrast - I just look blah without the darker hair.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Gold Member

These researchers are crazy. Some tribes/cultures prefer women with extremely long necks, some with small feet and others with large hips. In their groups it represents something but it's meaningless to human evolution as a whole. For these tribes in Northern Europe, light skin and hair could have represented survival. Lighter people absorb more VitD which was probably life or death in Northern Europe just after the last Ice Age. Making into an issue of beauty is silly.

Also the majority of people on the planet have thick, dark, glossy hair during their most fertile years and their hair gets lighter as they age, it turns grey and white. The conclusions the researchers are making just doesn't make sense.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I'm a natural blonde, I have often thought I'd love to be a brunette, but it just doesn't suit as well.
    You look gorgeous..... don't you go changing a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I think people with any hair color can be beautiful. Some people look prettier as blondes, others as brunettes. It really isn't a contest.
    Absolutely.

Generally speaking, if you were blonde as a child you have the coloring to wear blonde hair. There are soooo many shades of blonde. What I dislike is when women who really need to be brunette (olive skin, really dark brows) insist on going blonde and don't want to accept that it looks awful.
    Yes, this is really the only time I don't like blonde hair. Of course it usually looks more like straw than hair when they do it that way. Looks ridiculous.

Lindsay Lohan had the most gorgeous naturally red hair..... I can't believe how she ruins it like she does!

I'm a natural blonde but about every 2 months, I have to help my roots out. It's weird: my hair comes in a very dark blonde then takes on a much, much lighter color. I have to stay on top of things or I end up with trailer park roots.

I often think about going darker. I've got very fair skin and gray eyes--I think dark hair would be pretty. But I love my blonde hair. I don't like blonde hair on other people--I'm attracted to reds and brunettes--but I like it on me.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    It only looks good on a select few.... like Gwen or Debbie Harry.
    True!

I hate the contest part too, all hair colours can look good!

What about Queen Latifah in her wig

Meh...blondes are genetic mutations...will die out in 200 years...
    Blonde women will die out in 200 years - Pravda.Ru

This from a bitter brown eyed brunette...
    ...feed me now!

Gold Member

Yeah right! There are more blondes alive today than there ever was in human history. Blondes aren't going anywhere
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    You look gorgeous..... don't you go changing a thing!

Thank you!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheTownRed View Post
    Yeah right! There are more blondes alive today than there ever was in human history. Blondes aren't going anywhere
    Shush now...it's just a figment of your imagination...
    This from a bitter brown eyed brunette...
    ...feed me now!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information