Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eczema

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    What's the name of the product you are trying? I'd like to try it.
    Gentle Naturals it has poohbear and piglet on the front and it is green and white package. they have soap and a lotion(like diaper cream) so far it is working pretty good. I have also found anything with shea butter does good johnsons has a whole line of that also.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

What about Boudreaux Butt Paste? That's supposed to be good for all sorts of things. Do you use it,sheevilang?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

it really isn't any better than any other diaper cream I've used them all but none of them helped the eczema.

Rats. I thought that stuff was supposed to be so good.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I've heard a lot of people rave about it but it really did nothing for my daughter she had horrible rashes which they finally realized was eczema once she started breaking out on her arms and other places. So it prolly is better just not for eczema lol

Eli

There's eczema cream? I had this stuff called "fatty cream" which helped a bit.
    But in the past month it's gone from one spot, to five spots! One is behind my underarm, another is weirdly in a place on my back that I'm just BARELY able to reach, one on the back on my leg, one of each side of my stomach and... oh wait that makes it five already. Well, I also have it on my top eyelids, but that's apparently from an unknown allergy.
    Ain't eczema evil!
    And grimm... I know what you mean. I know I shouldn't scratch it but sometimes I'm just like: "Oh fuck it, it feels tooooo gooooooood."

My mother and my daughter have it. My mother had it so bad one time that the doc put Kenolog(spelling)cream on it and wrapped it in seran wrap and it really healed it pretty well.

My poor daughter got it at 1 and still struggles with it at 16. She had it so bad in the past that she has white patches on her inside elbows and behind her knees. Even when she tans, it still remains white. It's the craziest thing.

Eli

It's evil, is what it is. Eczema's evil.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    What about Boudreaux Butt Paste?
    very, uh, interesting product name mcjag

Red face

My three year old son has it & my co-workers 6-year-old girl has it. With my son, we didn’t see the first outbreak till he was 2 - after his first trip to a pool. I thought he just had a diaper rash - the bumps first appeared on his tummy, between his belly button & privates - after about two weeks of “babying” the area the bumps just got more irritated (because of scratching/diaper rubbing). Eventually we noticed the spots were spreading to his chest, legs, and arms - so we took him to the hospital so SURE it was an allergic reaction.
    The doctor said he had Eczema & prescribed Elidel. We didn’t have insurance, so the hospital bill was about $700, including the $300 tube of Elidel and antibiotics for the infection my son got from continuously messing with the spots. The Elidel cleared up the spots in about a week & since then we always “grease” my son up with Aveeno Baby Lotion after his nightly baths. He has had about 3 outbreaks, including the one currently, in a little over a year. He always starts in the same spot as before - under his belly button you will little bumps - we just use the Elidel (same tube - expires sometime next year) on the spot once in the morning & after his baths. Then we apply Aveeno, which helps with itching, afterwards & throughout the day in that area if necessary.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

$700 to diagnose and treat excema? That's insane. Even if you paid to visit the doctor in Canada, visits are only $50 and I can't imagine the cream being very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    My mother and my daughter have it. My mother had it so bad one time that the doc put Kenolog(spelling)cream on it and wrapped it in seran wrap and it really healed it pretty well.

My poor daughter got it at 1 and still struggles with it at 16. She had it so bad in the past that she has white patches on her inside elbows and behind her knees. Even when she tans, it still remains white. It's the craziest thing.
    My daughters white spots don't tan over either it's odd but I remember having those white splotches as a kid so I guess I had it too and just never was diaganosed.

XOXO yeah that boudroix's butt paste is a louisiana product lol some guy from down south louisiana came up with it I love the name too but it is really expensive compared to other creams.

i get it all over my arms, like the inside of your arm (so the opposite side of your elbow). its quite annoying and looks like shit. somebody help me

get some good lotion that has shea and cocoa butter suave has a body wash with shea and cocoa butter also it helps some

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    $700 to diagnose and treat excema? That's insane. Even if you paid to visit the doctor in Canada, visits are only $50 and I can't imagine the cream being very expensive.

Yes, I hear that Canada's health care is light years beyond the US. It's kind of the same thing where I live - south Texas - we just go to Mexico for regular meds, like antibotics & pain killers, that are ridiculously cheaper. Like a bottle of about 500 pills of antibotics is only $2.50...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information