Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Eczema and other skin conditions (warning: icky pictures)

emk
    Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    Allergies, asthma and eczema ARE related conditions in many people.
    Yup ... and I get them all unfortunately. A lot of it is seasonal for me though.

I'm just glad the original poster only has eczema and not that other thing diagnosed by Docta Know-It-All.

Quote Originally Posted by emk View Post
    Yup ... and I get them all unfortunately. A lot of it is seasonal for me though.

I'm just glad the original poster only has eczema and not that other thing diagnosed by Docta Know-It-All.

I feel your pain! Got 2 of the 3 myself....sucks.

By the way, anyone else hear a quacking noise???
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDocta View Post
    emk-I don't think she has what you have. I don't know why you mention her left hand? Her left hand is fine, so what the hell would that have to do with anything? I had what she has. My hand looked exactly like hers. I don't read a lot of the posts here, but I glanced at a couple before and for some reason they posted that they have a similar thing to you. Why don't you make your own thread with good pictures, if you actually want to do something about it? You just posted a lot of garbage that doesn't mean anything. Prednisone is a steroid. Maybe you have eczema? A lot of fair haired females of Irish decent have asthema or hayfever. They also have sensitive skin.
    The question is where did your ailment first show up?
    Let me guess, you're that doctor who told the obese woman to go on a fucking diet?
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Wow, wtf was that? So my keratosis pilaris is in full force; on my upper legs, on my lower back, backs of my arms, oh and it is on my face now too but that isn't noticable like on my legs and what not. I feel like a fucking freak, not hot at all. Strangely I never had this problem when I spent half my day walking around practically naked... nakedness must be the cure, but it is fucking cold out right now.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Wow, wtf was that? So my keratosis pilaris is in full force; on my upper legs, on my lower back, backs of my arms, oh and it is on my face now too but that isn't noticable like on my legs and what not. I feel like a fucking freak, not hot at all. Strangely I never had this problem when I spent half my day walking around practically naked... nakedness must be the cure, but it is fucking cold out right now.
    I have read that sunshine actually helps with many skin conditions...

Yes it does to a degree. When I was walking around half naked it was in a topless bar and not exposed to much sunshine. I would actually go to tanning bed but I have put some pretty serious lotion on making my skin even more sensitive to sunlight. I just want to say fuck it but then I can't stand the thought of my legs touching my boyfriend's legs. I feel gross.

Yes it does to a degree. When I was walking around half naked it was in a topless bar and not exposed to much sunshine. I would actually go to tanning bed but I have put some pretty serious lotion on making my skin even more sensitive to sunlight. I just want to say fuck it but then I can't stand the thought of my legs touching my boyfriend's legs. I feel gross.
    Do you think it's certain detergents or fabric softeners in your clothes that may be aggravating it? I don't know anything about anything but I think skin conditions are so tricky and somewhat fascinating.

I actually use unscented un everything when it comes to soap and detergent. My skin has been on a steady spaz the fuck out since I had my son and stopped breastfeeding when he was 18 months old... sooooooo the last 3 1/2 years.

I actually use unscented un everything when it comes to soap and detergent. My skin has been on a steady spaz the fuck out since I had my son and stopped breastfeeding when he was 18 months old... sooooooo the last 3 1/2 years.
    Man that sucks. Skin problems are so horrible (biggest organ and all). Once I learned about my food allergies my skin issues improved tremendously ... my hives disguise themselves as general dermatitis as opposed to big hives so no one diagnosed it when I was a child.

I only use ivory soap, jojoba oil and tide free for my clothes. Anything else and I'm a hive covered mess.

I hope you can get it figured out - you have my sympathies.

Hi! I'm New Here!

Wink

The condition yoou have is called DYSHIDROTIC wich means bad sweat. If i'm right you tend to itchmore intense when your sweating,I too have this kind of eczema it has been flared over 20 years for me and is 100% more covered than the pics I see of yours your doc (not dermatologist) knows it as pompholyx I have used so many creams and endless soaps to no avail so steroid cream has been my best friend for years and for that at 28 years old I paying for it yes the cream made the pain subside to bareable now if I bump my nuckle on a corner or even smooth edges the skin breaks right open usually taking a good chunk out so be carefull how much of those creams you use . Amanda from hermiston oregon.
    Quote Originally Posted by atrayubrandy View Post
    I am going absolutely out of my mind!! I'm 26 years old and I have moderate to severe eczema on my right hand. It started about a year ago but has really progressed in the past two months (btw, I was told it is pretty rare to develop eczema after puberty). The itching wakes me up in the middle of the night practically every night. I have tried tons of different products but the eczema is still persisting. Does anyone have any advice or products that you've tried that work? Here are the products that I have used so far:
    Eucerin original formula (which is the best moisturizer I have tried so far)
    Aquaphor Healing ointment (which doesn't appear to do anything except make my hand feel greasy and warm)
    Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair (which made my hand burn so I stopped using it)
    Curel Ultra Healing (It's okay but doesn't provide enough moisture for my hands. I've switched to using it for my body instead)
    Basis soap for washing in the shower
    Cetaphil for sensitive skin (for washing my hands)
    Clobetasol (the only prescription product I've used. Works really well but since it has steroids you can only use it for 2 weeks at a time. My eczema doesn't fully go away when I use it and it often comes back in full force after discontinuing the product)

My icky eczema hand

My normal hand, as you can tell the eczema has caused my fingers to swell. I can't even close my index finger all the way and I'm pretty sure it's infected.

To make matters worse, I have another problem with my skin and I have no idea what it is. This is your chance to play House and diagnose me (I'm pretty sure its not lupus). I have had itchy little bumps show up all over my body. I began noticing them about a month ago but I thought it was some sort of heat rash due to my sun bathing (which I know is bad for you...and especially bad for the eczema but I wanted to be tan for my wedding). Once I noticed this I stopped sun bathing immediately but the itchy bumps haven't gone away.

In the past week, the bumps and the itching have increased. They are random and don't appear to be a rash, they look a lot like flea bites but I'm pretty confident we don't have fleas since we have a new carpet and we don't have pets (plus, we've never seen a flea in our house and my husband doesn't have any signs of bumps or itching).

My mother thinks it might be caused by bed bugs from the hotel we stayed at during our honeymoon since the condition intensified during or immediately after our honeymoon stay but I noticed the bumps a few weeks before our honeymoon...so I'm not convinced. Also, I doubt we have bed bugs in our house because I wash my sheets every week...religiously. I recently switched to All's Free and Clear laundry detergent just in case it is some sort of allergic reaction, but it's too early to tell if it has made a difference.

I don't currently have health insurance so I haven't seen a doctor about it but I would love to hear what you guys think it is. The constant itching is driving me crazy and I'm wiling to try anything to get rid of it. Has anyone suffered from something similar? Could it be an allergic reaction to something?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by TheDocta View Post
    Maybe you have eczema? A lot of fair haired females of Irish decent have asthema or hayfever. They also have sensitive skin.

Gah! As much as it irks me to say this, the annoying poster might be right. As well as eczema I do get hayfever, am prone to chest troubles (was diagnosed with asthema following working in an environment where I was exposed to brake dust every day) and I have very sensitive skin. I'm pale, redheaded, and of Irish/Danish/Scottish ancestry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information