Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eczema and other skin conditions (warning: icky pictures)

Bronze Member

Hi,
    I just wanted to update you. Lotrimin actually has a different fungicide in it. Either way, you need the Terbinafine hydrochloride 1%. Lamasil is the brand name of the fungicide containing Terbinafine hydrochloride 1%, but I didn't check to see what else is in it. Buy the generic. I also wasn't clear above in describing how much to put on. Cover all affected areas and keep covering them when the creme dries. I found out that the more you put on the better. I did that yesterday morning, and my hand is practically healed. Any place on your hand that is rough, add the creme. The roughness is a sign that the fungus is still there. Don't use any moisturizers. It would be bad for you to add them. Just use the medicine. Also, I said that it might take two weeks for your hand to heal, but with heavy use of the Terbinafine Hydrochloride 1%, I think you will be healed in less than a week after you first start using it. It depends how long and how damaged your hand is from the fungus, because it will take a little time for the skin to recover. I really mean constantly apply the Terbinafine Cream. I added a whole bunch, I think I could feel it in my heart. You really have to add a heavy dose and hit the fungus hard, and then keep adding it, so the fungus doesn't recover.
    One thing that has me a little worried is if the fungus could have gotten on any part of my internal digestive tract or traveled any place else. I'm sure I licked my fingers several times since I've had it. I wasn't clear above too about the 5% absortion. That is the percentage I believe gets absorbed into your blood stream. I'm hoping that that is enough to kill any other fugus that I am not seeing. I also wonder if the fungus can travel by blood or any other way to the heart, veins, arteries, and organs. I wonder what those symptoms would be if there are any symptoms at all. I'm going to investigate this. Either way, it is another reason why I believe that giving yourself a heavy dose of the cream can only be beneficial. But basically, the "heavy dose" is still a minute amount of active ingredient and it takes a lot of cream to work, probably because it's so weak, so I wonder if that "heavy dose" would be enough to affect any fungus inside the body if it is even able to live there, which I think it can. I put heavy dose in quotes because I called adding a lot of the cream consistantly a heavy dose compared to what the package says (the package is wrong), but it really isn't a heavy dose at all. Anyways, I hope you are using the creme and that you tell me how your hand is doing. I wanted to know where you first saw this skin aliment on your hand develope as that is part of why I know it is fungus. Does it have a deep tinge ( which I like to say) -a deep tingle? It's itchy.
    Also, don't freak out about it. You probably wash your hands alot, and that is a good thing. Especially in the winter, when the air is dry, if you wash your hands a lot, you loose oils in your hand which make your hand more susceptible to something like this. Either way it is not a big thing and after you use the creme it will be gone anyway.

Bronze Member

Also, don't get the creme all over your other hand when you are applying it. Just use your pointer. It makes no sense to get it all over. Another thing is really massage and rub it in to the affected areas in your hand. Also, try to work it in with just your affected right hand like you have chinese medicine balls or something.

wow.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by Folieadeux View Post
    wow.
    wee.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

medifesto!!!!!
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    medifesto!!!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Bronze Member

I think maybe why the package on the terbinafine says only once in the morning and once at night is because maybe the terbinafine can kill the fugus faster than the hand can fix itself. That spotch on the palm where the top of the middle finger hits in a closed palm turned to swiss cheese on me. hahahahaha jk, but actually it kind of did. Where there were all those little round spots with juice in them, the spots came to the surface and blew up into little weird open wounds with irregular not sharp borders. I took some pictures. haha You lucky people. I don't know how to upload them. I'm kind of just joking though about adding the creme too fast. I think this is just another stage in its healing. I now just add the creme when and where anything hurts. I don't avoid washing my hand. I realized that it helps it to be washed. You use more creme, but it's worth it. I don't think it is all that good to go not washing your hand and have it covered with the creme. That is why it swelled.
    I can see that there are different stages of my hand being healed. It sure was ravaged. It is so much better.

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

emk
    Bronze Member

Do you suffer from asthma or hayfever?

Looks a lot like the rashes I have on my hands .. the right hand more so than the left. Sometimes the skin will crack on my index finger and it looks like nasty cuts. I also have dry scaly skin on both my elbows and a sore red itchy patch on my left ankle. I find it all flares up if I'm stressed or if the weather is hot and humid. I use a coal tar based ezcema cream which works quite well but never completely gets rid of it.

I have prednisone tablets which I take occasionally for my asthma. I took 5 mg one night because of wheezing and I noticed the next day that my ezcema had magically disappeared overnight. Too much prednisone is bad for you though so that is probably not the answer. I hope the doctor helps you.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by emk View Post

Looks a lot like the rashes I have on my hands .. the right hand more so than the left. Sometimes the skin will crack on my index finger and it looks like nasty cuts. I also have dry scaly skin on both my elbows and a sore red itchy patch on my left ankle. I find it all flares up if I'm stressed or if the weather is hot and humid. I use a coal tar based ezcema cream which works quite well but never completely gets rid of it.

I have prednisone tablets which I take occasionally for my asthma. I took 5 mg one night because of wheezing and I noticed the next day that my ezcema had magically disappeared overnight. Too much prednisone is bad for you though so that is probably not the answer. I hope the doctor helps you.
    emk-I don't think she has what you have. I don't know why you mention her left hand? Her left hand is fine, so what the hell would that have to do with anything? I had what she has. My hand looked exactly like hers. I don't read a lot of the posts here, but I glanced at a couple before and for some reason they posted that they have a similar thing to you. Why don't you make your own thread with good pictures, if you actually want to do something about it? You just posted a lot of garbage that doesn't mean anything. Prednisone is a steroid. Maybe you have eczema? A lot of fair haired females of Irish decent have asthema or hayfever. They also have sensitive skin.
    The question is where did your ailment first show up?

I'm no longer a fan of this thread. Condescending crappy new members hijacking threads and getting shitty ... not cool.

emk
    Bronze Member

Geezus ... I was only trying to help.

Yes I realise I probably have eczema which is often suffered by people who have asthma and/or hayfever.

I'm not fair haired or Irish either.

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_toast View Post
    I'm no longer a fan of this thread. Condescending crappy new members hijacking threads and getting shitty ... not cool.

No kidding! I originally created this thread in desperation hoping that someone would have some insight but I'm scared to post anything on here now-a-days. I appreciate everyone who was sincere in their efforts to help me. I saw a dermatologist and I definitely have eczema. She had no better information for me other than to moisturize, wash with lukewarm water and gentle fragrance free cleansers, avoid doing dishes, and stay away from milk and other possible allergens (all of which I already knew). I'm still pretty convinced that I'm allergic to dust mites but I can't get an allergy test for a year because allergies are considered a pre-existing condition and are therefore not covered by my insurance until I've been with them for a YEAR. I have no new information on the strange bumps that appeared all over my body but they disappeared a few months ago so I'm not really worried about them. Thanks again everyone. I figured you deserved an update but I think I'm going to avoid this thread from now on.
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

Geezus ... I was only trying to help.

Yes I realise I probably have eczema which is often suffered by people who have asthma and/or hayfever.

I'm not fair haired or Irish either.

sorry, i should likely direct my commentary to specific posters so no one else gets upset ... i wasn't referring to your posts ... rather to the medifesto scripter and his pretentious superiority.

Allergies, asthma and eczema ARE related conditions in many people.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information