Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dry lips- the constant battle

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    NO YOU HAVE NOT! Add water to your already dried out lips. Wait a few seconds-don't try to put in on soppy wet mouths. Of course that will not work. Now lets go over this:
    1)5 minutes with wet paper towel (cleaner) between lips.
    2)let lips dry a bit.
    3)Then apply chap stick or whatever.
    Ja, I have!! *waves hands around crazily*

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I have about 10 jars of vaseline, in different rooms and in handbags because I hate dry lips, it's my major peeve. I find it makes my lips softer, but when they are dry I sometimes pick the skin off and eat it, isn't that gross?

That is pretty gross! But I do that with my fingernails if I'm in public and biting them. I won't spit them out, I'll just swallow them. Not if I rip the whole nail off though. That's just gross. In that case I'll pretend I'm wiping my lip and pull the nail out of my mouth. Then I rush home immediately and brush my teeth lol. jk.

I'm like you Honey in regards to dry lips being a major pet-peeve. I used to think it was the eucalyptus trees all around me when I was younger, because I'm allergic to eucalyptus. But I think it's just life.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I like Aquaphor if you can get it in the tiny sample size it is convenient to carry; only place I've gotten it in that size was from dermatologist.
    Also, Chapstick makes a good "natural" one that is not petroleum based.
    I'm a huge fan of Alba's pineapple lip balm.
    I tried Burt's Bees pomegranate one but I found it dries my lips out more.
    Drink plenty of water, don't lick your lips... blah blah blah... stop smoking pole at the gloryhole...
    I would use the Alba pineapple for exfoliation and then just use the cheaper Chapsitck natural as needed.

Eli

^^ But it tastes like pineapple right?
    Yuck.

OK, don't all kill me but it seems to me that a lot of people who use Vaseline - as opposed to ordinary lipbalms - seem to develop a heightened need to use it more often. Like an addiction. I went through it myself, so I know how it feels. (Hello, my name's Pen and I'm a Vaseline-oholic!) Someone suggested it's due to the high petroleum content (eww) and that switching to balm would be better. I can't remember which one I moved to, perhaps Nivea (yay), but I can honestly say I've never had the same addictive problem since - and I've obviously avoided Vaseline. Of course since then I've been a bit of a lipbalm slut (Kiehls, Burt's Bees, Butler's Pommade Divine, Nivea, whatever), but at least I don't have to have it with me every second of the day. I probably apply it only once or twice. Please don't shout at me, Vaseline-lovers - I'm just sayin'!
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    if my face is really dry, I've put it on my face too, and I have to say, it works wonders. In the morning, my face feels like a baby's bottom.
    I do the same thing - with using so much Retin A, now I have to.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

The Alba doesn't taste like pineapple... there's like three different ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Ja, I have!! *waves hands around crazily*

*swats Allie about the head and shoulders* THEN JUST SUFFER!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Olive oil works great as does Aquaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    OK, don't all kill me but it seems to me that a lot of people who use Vaseline - as opposed to ordinary lipbalms - seem to develop a heightened need to use it more often. Like an addiction. I went through it myself, so I know how it feels. (Hello, my name's Pen and I'm a Vaseline-oholic!) Someone suggested it's due to the high petroleum content (eww) and that switching to balm would be better. I can't remember which one I moved to, perhaps Nivea (yay), but I can honestly say I've never had the same addictive problem since - and I've obviously avoided Vaseline. Of course since then I've been a bit of a lipbalm slut (Kiehls, Burt's Bees, Butler's Pommade Divine, Nivea, whatever), but at least I don't have to have it with me every second of the day. I probably apply it only once or twice. Please don't shout at me, Vaseline-lovers - I'm just sayin'!

I have heard the same thing but refuse to give up vaseline as I love it, maybe I'm addicted!

i use Smith's Rosebud Salve. i love it because it is soothing and smells just slightly like roses and doesn't taste plastic-y like vaseline does to me. im a lipbalm-a-holic. i have every brand and flavor and i still keep going back to the rosebud. i am always finding chapsticks in my couch cushions, in pockets, in purses... hah!

ETA: oh and i've always heard it was Carmex that had the secret addictive ingredient added to it, not vaseline! i'm going with urban legend and not true on this one.
    I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

When I'm not wearing lipgloss, I am a Carmex junkie. Also, I use Vaseline at night.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I am massively addicted to Burt's Bees lip balm, just the regular kind (don't try the honeycomb stuff, it stinks). I have it everywhere I go, work, home, car, purse, etc. Burt's seems to do a good job of keeping my lips smooth and healthy, not dry at all.

I used to love carmex, but I've found that it burns my lips, not sure why.

Try this:

But my lips hurt real bad!
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

The secret ingredient in carmex is Salicylic Acid!

^that's a derivative from white willow bark, it's an antisceptic/anti inflamitory, Clinique uses it in almost all of it's pimple products.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information