Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dreadlocks?

Update? pix?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Update? pix?
    It will be a while until I get them, at least 3 months. I'd have to make a trip to a major city to get them done, and we don't have many of those up here.

I like the idea of doing the synthetic and then deciding to go all the way after living with them for a couple months. I've also tinkered with the idea of getting well done extensions until my hair grows out, but am not sure if they are too damaging. Either way I've got some time to ponder.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Funny, I was just talking about dreads today. I have never known anyone personally who has had them done, so could some one explain it to me? What is put in them to make the hair look like that and what is supposed to be done for maintance? When you bore of them, do you have to get your head shaved?

I loved my synthetics while I had them. They caused less damage to my hair than my dreadlocks were.

Funny, I was just talking about dreads today. I have never known anyone personally who has had them done, so could some one explain it to me? What is put in them to make the hair look like that and what is supposed to be done for maintance? When you bore of them, do you have to get your head shaved?
    The method I've heard about used the most is backcombing, which is essentially splitting your hair into small sections and combing backwards. Some people will rub wool on their heads until it knots and then just form dreads out of it, but it's supposed to hurt like hell. There's a process called dread perming, but I've never done that before either, becuase it can be so expensive (I really wouldn't suggest this, Flak, becuase it usually requires maintnance by a professional after the initial at least $200 expense).

I know if you backcomb they can be removed with chemicals.

How I get drealocks: Not wash or comb my hair for three days, et voilą.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

So there's this homeless or something guy I drive past every day and his hair is down to his butt; well his hair has become one giant matted sheet... pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by veronabrit View Post
    i personally dont like them and think they dont look very professional, but to each their own. I would never do it because i think it can hinder your career, especially in ceratin fields. It also sucks because once you want them out you pretty much have to chop them out

Not true at all.

If they are neat, of course they can look professional! You're just doing the usual thing- associating dreadlocks with rough, drug addicts on the street or something. There's MANY people with dreadlocks in "professional" careers e.g. lawyers, accoutants, etc and they're doing just fine. You DON'T have to cut them off. It will take days but you can undo them.

Don't listen to the person above. His/her view is archaic. I think there's no reason to put it off any longer.

PS. You DO wash them.
    I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and sky...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information