Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone wear wigs?

A*O

Thanks - I'll have a look. Unfortunately the shipping to Oz might cancel out any savings but there might be some Aussie hairdressers stealing their Kerastase stock to sell online
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I've always pictured you as having this glorious mane of blonde hair for some reason.

Not sure why, but I don't think it's a Heather Mills association, since that nut doesn't have a decent head of hair.

I always think A*O would have a passing resemblance to HM, just because of her avatar.

I actually am a pancake astronaut.

DD, my hair has got a lot thinner as I've passed through my twenties, but I have the opposite problem, my hair doesn't lie flat, unless I use the trusty GHDs. It did worry me for a bit, but I think it is just maybe a part of getting older.

I have long fine blonde hair, and I swear by Marc Anthony's hair thickening cream. It gives me the best volume I can get from blow drying alone. It's available pretty much anywhere and it's cheap. I tried Nioxin a few years ago and while I remember thinking my hair felt thicker, I'm not sure it really was.

Hi! I'm New Here!

when someone first suggested to me that i should wear wigs instead of my extensions i thought they were crazy...NO WAY am i going to wear those.

but as i thought about it more and more i realized that wigs were no more "fake" than extensions that so many people wear.

so i have it a try... and now i absolutely love it! wigs give you the versatily of being able to be whatever color you want to be on whatever day. i could be tiffany the brunette by day and heather the blonde by night! you could match your hair to different outfits if you wanted. they also save you alot of prep time getting ready in the morning. i mean all you have to do is give your wig a little shake and your ready to go. every few days brush it and only wash it about every 2 weeks.

i was a self conscience at firstbut after awhile i didnt care what people thought and i never want to give them up

I wear hair extensions that I 'made' myself. I bought some hair - they sell it on tracks at the beauty supply store and I sewed them together w/some clips I got at Sally's Beauty Supply.

I used to wear wigs when I was in my 20s (I got a really bad perm/bleach job). I would love to wear them again, although it's tricky buying them online.

I wish I had the balls to wear a different/color style everyday. My co-workers think I'm weird enough as it is...

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post

Head and Shoulders doesn't really weigh down my hair, but it's still so flat. I am trying to go easy on conditioner too, like every other day. Otherwise my hair will look damn near greasy!
    I know this is a little bit of faffing about, but how about you take something like a plastic jug into the shower with you, fill it with water and stir up a little conditioner into the water and then rinse it through your hair, leave it a minute (or however long you normally do) and then rinse it out fully. I used to do this when I wanted to condition my hair after having some hair loss as a side effect of stopping some meds I was on, as using conditioner as I normally would seemed to overwhelm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I know this is a little bit of faffing about, but how about you take something like a plastic jug into the shower with you, fill it with water and stir up a little conditioner into the water and then rinse it through your hair, leave it a minute (or however long you normally do) and then rinse it out fully. I used to do this when I wanted to condition my hair after having some hair loss as a side effect of stopping some meds I was on, as using conditioner as I normally would seemed to overwhelm it.
    Interesting, I didn't think of doing something like that. Thanks for the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie the kid View Post
    I wear hair extensions that I 'made' myself. I bought some hair - they sell it on tracks at the beauty supply store and I sewed them together w/some clips I got at Sally's Beauty Supply.

I used to wear wigs when I was in my 20s (I got a really bad perm/bleach job). I would love to wear them again, although it's tricky buying them online.

I wish I had the balls to wear a different/color style everyday. My co-workers think I'm weird enough as it is...
    Cool! I haven't heard of homemade extensions, you are creative! I've never worn extensions, but I really wish I had some.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Most celebs you see are wearing extensions. Lots of women like me use hairpieces for fashionable changes in our hairstyle or when we are in a hurry. My hair won't hold curl in humidity so I often use wavy pony tail pieces to make it look pretty all day. Sometimes I'm in a hurry so i pull my hair in a bun and clip a piece on it. The color matches and it look great. Women used to wear wigs and falls and hairpieces all the time in the 60's and 70's and these were just for style. So, no big deal.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information