Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear makeup?

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Uhhhh....sadly, I'm going through my teenage years so I'm having fun with makeup. I've had experience with it for two years and am discovering a whole lot. But, in the morning, I put on foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, lip gloss, blush, and eyeliner. It takes 45-60 minutes.

Sadly though, there's a total of...five girls at my high school who wear makeup though and people always ask me why I wear it. I feel a little ugly without it.

Always. Alas, I am not a natural beauty. My eyelashes, while long are blond enough to vanish. My dead white colorless skin just looks like Casper the Friendly Ghost. My lips have too much color, so if I try to wear a darker lipstick, I look like Vampira. Without makeup I might be suicidal. I love Shishido. Japanese women have beautiful skin. My face never sees the sun without sunscreen.Good makeup lasts a long time & is worth it to me!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

For every day, I wear black eyeliner and mascara, though I don't bother if I'm just popping off to run an errand/go the gym. I absolutely hate the feel of makeup, and wear it maybe two to three times a year. I don't like blush either, and at most I'll wear some translucent powder if I'm having a bad skin day (like around that time of month).

When I go out, I usually add some eyeshadow and lip gloss. I've been going a lot to goth clubs lately, so I'm having fun trying more dramatic eyeshadows/lip colours-no white face paint though!

when im heading off to uni or work i tend to moisturise and wear black eyeliner, mascara and some eyeshadow. Lip gloss on odd occassion

But heading out to the clubs in Brisvegas i do the whole foundation, blush and more dramatic eye makeup with lip gloss.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I wear makeup every day to work and I've got it down to a 15 minute routine. First I apply tinted moisturizer and concealer to even out my skin tone, then I set it with MAC Blot Powder which also reduces shine. I apply a little blush and then go to work on my eyes. Doing my eyes takes the most time, but it is my favorite part. I like to mix and match a lot of eyeshadow colors, but the biggest challenge is blending and not looking like I wear a ton of eyeshadow. I put on a little eyeliner, and then do my mascara. My favorite mascaras are DiorShow, Lancome Extencils, and Estee Lauder More than Mascara. I put on a little lipstick or lip gloss, and then I'm done.

I don't wear makeup when I am off work, but maybe I should. When I was out driving around the other day running errands, I was repelled by the Plain Jane with the uneven skin tone in my rearview mirror.

SUGARS! PLEASE! WHEN YOU GO OUT WEAR A BIT, AT LEAST! LOOK LIKE YOU WOULD WANT TO IF YOU A) MET THE PERSON OF YOUR DREAMS OR B) RAN INTO YOUR WORST ENEMY!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

wear everyday for work, takes 10mins tops as its just lite make up
    dont normally wear make up at other times unless im off out for the night, im no longer the type of girl who has to wear full make up for going to the shops

I love the saying 'today was a waste of makeup!'
    I dont see the point in doing my face everytime i leave the house, and if i dont see anyone or go anywhere special, it IS a waste of makeup.

I wear make-up everyday for work and on the weekends if I'm feeling particularly scary.

I don't wear concealer or foundation, because I hate the way it looks and feels on me. I brush or pat on pressed powder and then put on my eyes.

I wear mostly Clinique make-up. I don't think it's as popular as it once was, but I still like it. I put on white eyeshadow all over, then depending on my mood and what I'm wearing, either brown shadows and liner or plum shadows and liner. I curl my lashes and put black mascara on the top and bottom. I switch mascara every time I run out and still haven't found my Holy Grail. Right now I'm using Maybelline XXL with the primer + mascara. It's okay, but it takes a little time to put on the primer and then the mascara. Takes too much time in the morning when I'm rushing out the door.

I've quit using lipstick completely. I'm extremely fair and thick, highly pigmented make-up is scary on me. I use gloss and one of my cheap-o faves is Cover Girl Lipslicks. I like the colors and they're sheer and NOT sticky. I also like Clinique Almost Lipsticks, too.

The thing that makes THE most difference in the way I look is my eyebrows. I swear I look 100% better for keeping my brows precisely groomed and brushed. I don't use brow powder or pencil because I don't like the way it looks on me, but I keep my brows trimmed and plucked and it's made ALL the difference.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

i pretty much just wear a lil mascara and some powder to cover my red cheeks (which i hate) but my mother loves.. um,and when im going out i will wear the full sha - bang

Quote Originally Posted by choclateglitter View Post
    i pretty much just wear a lil mascara and some powder to cover my red cheeks (which i hate) but my mother loves.. um,and when im going out i will wear the full sha - bang!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetflirt View Post
    i pretty much just wear a lil mascara and some powder to cover my red cheeks (which i hate) but my mother loves.. um,and when im going out i will wear the full sha - bang
    PLAGIARISM!!!! I knew that sounded too well put together to be the troll. The mad cut and paster strikes again!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Clinique is pretty good, Laurent. I recently did their Free Gift with Purchase, and I was very happy with the the lipsticks and lip gloss that came with it. I enjoy their liquid eyeliner, too. It goes on so easily and doesn't smudge.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Originally Posted by choclateglitter
    i pretty much just wear a lil mascara and some powder to cover my red cheeks (which i hate) but my mother loves.. um,and when im going out i will wear the full sha - bang!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetflirt

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twitchy
    PLAGIARISM!!!! I knew that sounded too well put together to be the troll. The mad cut and paster strikes again!
    great. copying and pasting, and generic comments. Good catch, twitchy.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    SUGARS! PLEASE! WHEN YOU GO OUT WEAR A BIT, AT LEAST! LOOK LIKE YOU WOULD WANT TO IF YOU A) MET THE PERSON OF YOUR DREAMS OR B) RAN INTO YOUR WORST ENEMY!
    lol mcjag what a good little piece of advice...

i LOVE make-up..all ugly girls do LOL

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    twitchy, wow, what is going here..? and i still don't know what is the point lol

I still don't know what the point is either but she's up to ten names now.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information