Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear makeup?

i never wear it daily. maybe mascara and lip gloss if i'm dressed up but thats it.

Bronze Member

Default ehheheehe

eeeheeeheee

Silver Member

I have found that makeup makes me feel feel good about myself and I know when I walk out the door I won't look like death warmed over. I have a habit of putting my makeup on in the morning and then when someone comes by or I have to go out in a hurry, I don't have to worry about it. Also, I have Lupus that affects my skin so I have to be careful when I go out in the sun. Sunscreen and makeup with sunscreens help protect my skin.

Well, I had STARTED to wear more makeup over the past few weeks, until this weekend...

Basically, while makeup has never been a big deal for me, I'm willing to spend money on products that look good and things like good makeup brushes. My makeup collection is fairly expensive, lots of MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Nars, and then good brushes from Sephora. I had taken my makeup bag home this weekend when I worked so that I could do my makeup when I was at work. I left the bag on my dresser in my bedroom when I went to work Saturday morning, and my father had the cleaning ladies come to clean the house (this is an every couple months thing, we don't have the desire, need, or money to make it an all the time thing or anything). One of the ladies swiped my makeup bag! It's all gone, hundreds of dollars in makeup and brushes, gone. AND my dad doesn't believe me, he thinks I misplaced it!

i wear it every day. i have pretty big eyes, so i concentrate on that: shadow (i put it on with my fingers because i think it looks better than with a brush thingie), which i put on darker around the eye so it's sort of like a smoky liner, and mascara. my brows are naturally thick so i just tweeze them and brush them a bit.
    on the rest of my face, i dab concealer on blemishes and lip gloss with a slight tint. i hate the feel of powder or foundation so i use muji blotting papers which absorb any excess oil but have no powder on them.

I'm a makeup whore. I love lipstick/lipgloss the most. I will go without it--I'm not one of those people who won't run to the store and get milk without putting my face on--but 9 times out of 10, I've got a full face of it on.

On a daily basis I don't use much more than moisturizer and aquaphor on my lips. But occasionally (once or twice a week) I will use undereye concealer, blush, eyeshadow, black eyeliner on upper lash, brown on lower lids, black mascara. But I don't used lipstick or gloss because I want to kiss my kids without leaving stuff all over their faces.

Default Re: Do you wear makeup?

I wear powder, blush, eyeliner, brow pencil, mascara and lip gloss every day except maybe once in a blue moon on a Saturday if I am not going anywhere!
    Are you there God, it's me Margaret?

I cannot leave the house without undereye concealer and a light touch of bronzer.

A*O

I don't always wear makeup but I always use slightly tinted sunblock/moisturiser and even if I look like shit I NEVER leave the house without a good spray of perfume. People don't recoil quite so much if they see a zombie who smells nice.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Lil

I never, ever go to work without my face on and my contacts in. I need brightening up or I look knackered, so use a lightweight, reflective foundation (with SPF, even in the UK) and a cream blush, and add as little powder as a I can to my nose and forehead only. I stick to neutral eye colours and a pinky brown lip. I am trying to wean myself off lip gloss but can't find a matte lipstick that doesn't feel dry.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Silver Member

I hate makeup, I don't wear it to much. I feel like it makes me look worse. My skin is dry so I don't put blush or foundation on it, it gets all clumpy and looks really gross. My eyes are so sensitive that when I put eyeshadow on them they start tearing immediately and I can't see. I will wear a little mascara and eyeliner sometimes, but I hate how it feels when it is on. Though mascara and curling eyelashes makes a huge difference, that is the most important makeup to me. Lip gloss helps also!

I usually just go for eye makeup and lipgloss, and that is something that I do every day. Eyeshadow, mascara and kohl are my three favourite things. I dont use foundation as much really, I usually save it for more special occassions.

I wear full make up to work because I think it looks more professional. Over the years I've perfected it though and it doesn't take very long to do. I'd say 10 minutes.

If I'm just staying home, with no intention of going anywhere then I don't bother to wear any at all but, if I do go out, instead of using foundation I'll use a tinted moisturiser and concealer if I need it.

Eye makeup is usually an every day thing for me; mascara and some blue eyeliner that matches my eye colour. I hate foundation, and lipstick i rarely ever wear for some reason.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information