Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you wear makeup?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Makeup every day unless I don't leave the house, or run a quick errand. But even running that quick errand I am self-conscious without makeup, & keep expecting to run into someone whom I would rather impress than frighten.

The works usually takes me about 15 minutes, or 20 if I dawdle.

What is MAC?

It is a brand of makeup sold mostly in Department stores like Macys , Nordstrams , it depnds where you live , if you go to www.gloss.com you can find the whole line there and the closet palce that sells it near you , I have used a lot of department store brands and this by far has the best color selection and the best quaulity

i pretty much just wear a lil mascara and some powder to cover my red cheeks (which i hate) but my mother loves.. um,and when im going out i will wear the full sha - bang!
    Take control of your destiny. Believe in yourself. Ignore those who try to discourage you. Avoid negative sources, people, places, things and habits. Don't give up and don't give in

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    It is a brand of makeup sold mostly in Department stores like Macys , Nordstrams , it depnds where you live , if you go to www.gloss.com you can find the whole line there and the closet palce that sells it near you , I have used a lot of department store brands and this by far has the best color selection and the best quaulity
    I love MAC! Some people I know don't like it, but I think it has great staying power, good quality. MAC Pigments are really cool... you can mix them with other things or use them straight as eye shadow. The foundations are supposed to be great, but I've never tried them.

I love MAC Lipglass, but it's very, very sticky. Smells great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Red lipstick and sunglasses. Without sunglasses, red lipstick, eggshell-colored eyeshadow, and mascara. No foundation.
    Another red lipstick fan!

MAC Lipglass is the best! Just don't do anything wiht your lips for a few minutes, that's all!

It takes me the time to put my makeup on as it takes me to get there by car. I nearly always am putting my makeup on in my sun visor mirror because I am nearly always running late. I know, y'all HATE women who do this, but I'm really good at driving with my knee, keeping the speed somewhat constant, and staying in my lane.
    Buying is a profound pleasure. Simone De Beauvoir

A*O

I put on a bit of powder to cover the shine, mascara, bit of eye pencil and lippy but I often don't bother if I'm only doing to the shops or something. But I CANNOT leave the house without putting on some perfume. And I always put on sunscreen, even in winter. You have to in Oz. I too am blessed with combination skin which used to be a curse when I was a spotty teen, but now it's a total blessing. NO lines or wrinkles yet and I'm, like SO totally old.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

almost everytime i leave the house. if not, mascara and concealer are MUST!

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    I wear makeup when ever I am leaving the house, if it is just to go buy food or run errand I usually just wear tinted moisturizers, a little concealer , a little shadow , and mascara and a little blush . If I am going to work or to the mall, or anywhere I know people I wear darker eye shadow , I donít feel my self with out makeup , I feel my make up is a shield that I wear , it hides a little part of me that I do not want everyone to see. It also fun to play with different colors of eye shadow and lip gloss, I have over 130 MAC eye shadows, I am a proud MAC Addict !
    Amen, thank you choozen1ne

Hi everyone, my name is FierceKiten and Im obsessed with makeup
    << (sits back in her chair)
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Elite Member

I wear make-up on most days - I run a vintage and designer clothing store with a friend and I feel that I want to look polished and well put together for work. I skip it if I'm not working or going anywhere, though, and there's always the odd day when I don't have time for it, or don't want to wear make-up.

I usually can't be bothered to do more than loose powder, eyebrow pencil and mascara. Sometimes a little eyeshadow, and maybe a dab of tinted lip balm. Applying it all takes five or ten minutes at most.

I apply a full face of make-up for going out, though - the full monty - which usually takes at least half an hour.
    I think make-up is a lot of fun; I would probably wear more for work if I didn't appreciate getting those twenty extra minutes of sleep in the morning even more...

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I used to always wear makeup, even at home by myself. I still always put powder, lipstick and mascara on whenever I go out, unless it's for a walk around the neighbourhood. In the summer, I can get away with less.

I don't bother getting made up if I'm going to be at home all day, but I've got my routine down to about five minutes for all other occasions except special events. I use a mineralized powder that also acts as a light foundation, a concealer if necessary, blush on my cheeks and bronzer on my eyelids, chin and sides of my face for contouring (I have a round face so this helps a bit), an eyeshadow trio, an eyelash curler and a light brushing of mascara. I have long eyelashes so I don't need much. I always wear a long-wear lipstick with or without gloss. You don't have to use a lip pencil with the lipstick wand, although I sometimes do for a cleaner look. I use a light hand when I apply makeup so I look pretty natural.

A lot of people have told me I don't need makup but when I haven't worn it it's like, "Are you feeling OK? You look different," etc. I'm quite fair and my lips and eyes tend to disappear without colour. I don't tan much any more so I can't get by with just a dab of glass, bronzer and mascara.
    Oh yeah. I also shape my brows with a brush daily and fill them in with a dab of brown powder. I usually tweeze them once a week.

SVZ

MAC was started in canada wasn't it?

Probably was untill good o'l america yanked as it's own like everything else

It is still made there , the head quaters are in Toranto , I think . Mac is owned by Estee Lauder

I just can't make myself get up early enough to go full out with makeup. Although I have everything, and do wear it on occasion. Most mornings, I put on eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss. On the weekends, I will go out without even that on occasion (run a bit of gloss). I dunno, it's not that I have a lot of color in my face, but that I don't feel gross without it.

I just feel naked without it, period

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information