Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you wear makeup?

Bronze Member

I wear makeup according to my moods. Sometimes I put on a whole face, sometimes I just swipe clear lipgloss across my lips.

I also dress according to my moods as well. The people at work never know how I'm going to show up from day to day!

I wear make-up on special occasions, when I go out and about, or when I get my latest fashion magazine and I want to look pretty like the models and doll myself up.

I am usually at home with my boy who could care less what I look like ( he's 2). My hubby is used to seeing me without it, and he gets surprised when I put make up on when I am not going anywhere.

I wear makeup most of the time. I give myself one or two days break from it though. I just think it makes me feel better when I go out, that I don't look like complete ass, even though that's how I may be feeling that day

Omg, it takes me at least 15 mins - 30 mins tops to do this shit. I wake up at the crack of dawn because I moisturise, conceal, power, pluck, primp. But when it comes to clothes. I dress like a tomboy, god do I need help in that department. I spent at least $50 worth on make up because it addictive. I luv Revlon and going to Sephora.
    Last edited by FierceKiten; October 14th, 2005 at 03:49 PM.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I wear makeup only when I have client meetings or for social functions like church, once or twice a week.

Only foundation, plum colored blush, smokey eye shadow, mascara and lipstick.

Im a makeup whore, I buy the book, watch documentries and give free advice

But when im care free, people assume I lost weight or im on my death bed.

I used to always wear makeup, even at home by myself. I still always put powder, lipstick and mascara on whenever I go out, unless it's for a walk around the neighbourhood. In the summer, I can get away with less.

I don't bother getting made up if I'm going to be at home all day, but I've got my routine down to about five minutes for all other occasions except special events. I use a mineralized powder that also acts as a light foundation, a concealer if necessary, blush on my cheeks and bronzer on my eyelids, chin and sides of my face for contouring (I have a round face so this helps a bit), an eyeshadow trio, an eyelash curler and a light brushing of mascara. I have long eyelashes so I don't need much. I always wear a long-wear lipstick with or without gloss. You don't have to use a lip pencil with the lipstick wand, although I sometimes do for a cleaner look. I use a light hand when I apply makeup so I look pretty natural.

A lot of people have told me I don't need makup but when I haven't worn it it's like, "Are you feeling OK? You look different," etc. I'm quite fair and my lips and eyes tend to disappear without colour. I don't tan much any more so I can't get by with just a dab of glass, bronzer and mascara.

I forgot to add my eyebrows into that. I consider eyebrow grooming makeup since they completely change the look of my face. I just spent a half hour getting them to look good again. I've been very neglectful the past few weeks and didn't bother with cleanup between my waxes. But, I just fixed them, I feel pretty and put together again, even though I'm just in jeans and tshirt wear right now

Elite Member

^ I agree with you. Eyebrows do change one's look.

I wear makeup when I go out, though not just to run a quick errand or go to the gym or anything like that. But if I'm "seeing people," definitely. Powder eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and a little powder so that I'm not shiny.

I wear makeup when ever I am leaving the house, if it is just to go buy food or run errand I usually just wear tinted moisturizers, a little concealer , a little shadow , and mascara and a little blush . If I am going to work or to the mall, or anywhere I know people I wear darker eye shadow , I donít feel my self with out makeup , I feel my make up is a shield that I wear , it hides a little part of me that I do not want everyone to see. It also fun to play with different colors of eye shadow and lip gloss, I have over 130 MAC eye shadows, I am a proud MAC Addict !

Day to day I use Blisslabs Ink Pink Blushing Balm on my lips and cheeks. I don't wear foundation and my skin is way too dry to need powder. I get my eyebrows done and I have big eyes so I don't use liner that often.

When I feel like dressing up, though, I am an eyeshadow freak.

Makeup every day unless I don't leave the house, or run a quick errand. But even running that quick errand I am self-conscious without makeup, & keep expecting to run into someone whom I would rather impress than frighten.

The works usually takes me about 15 minutes, or 20 if I dawdle.

What is MAC?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Red lipstick and sunglasses. Without sunglasses, red lipstick, eggshell-colored eyeshadow, and mascara. No foundation.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information