Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear glasses?

I just got some great cheapo glasses from 'glassescrafter.com' They cost 40, normally my glasses are around 200!! Will use again, for sure. I can actually get more than one pair at that price, maybe have some funky fashionable ones for going out in.

I'm scared of contact lenses...the thought of going near my eyeballs with my finger freaks me out!

I've worn glasses since grade school. I tried contacts and didn't like them--too high maintenance. I like me better in glasses. They go with that whole sexy librarian image I'm working on.

I've worn glasses/contacts since I was 8 years old.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    I just got some great cheapo glasses from 'glassescrafter.com' They cost 40, normally my glasses are around 200!! Will use again, for sure. I can actually get more than one pair at that price, maybe have some funky fashionable ones for going out in.

I'm scared of contact lenses...the thought of going near my eyeballs with my finger freaks me out!
    My Boss uses these guys Cheap glasses, spectacles and designer glasses online Spex4less UK and has recommended them to me. They offer a reglazing service so after you've spent 200 on those frames, you can have them re-glazed when you're eyes change.

Hope this helps.
    Free Charmed.

Elite Member

I've worn glasses since I was 9. I just ordered a pair from Zenni Opticals for $23, including S/H. It's my first time ordering glasses online and I hope they come out OK. But for less than $25, it can't be beat!

Bronze Member

Just wondering how you got on with the glasses. Did you get them OK?

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905 View Post
    Ugh, at 45, I finally need them.

I'll be making an appointment in the next couple weeks for my first pair. I can no longer see fine print close up.

At this age, do contacts work, or just stick with glasses??

~~OK, first person to say "they don't make bi-focal contacts" gets a smack!
    My eyes have grown increasingly worse since I turned 40. I constantly take them off and put them on for reading only. What I could see clearly two feet away last year, is now blurry. (Farsighted).

Costco has a great selection of reasonably priced pretty frames and the optician there was great. 100 dollars for the whole thing. In the US, Lenscrafters are the biggest scam artists you've ever seen. What cost me
    100 dollars at Costco would have cost me 495 at Lenscrafters...same frames as I went to research in person.

I also should have asked for a written prescription from Costco, but I guess I can go and get it.

Silver Member

Anyone have any tips for buying in Canada, specifically Montreal?

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Doll View Post
    I've worn glasses since I was 9. I just ordered a pair from Zenni Opticals for $23, including S/H. It's my first time ordering glasses online and I hope they come out OK. But for less than $25, it can't be beat!
    I've ordered 2 pairs from them in the past. No problems whatsoever. Quick shipping too.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I've bought 2 pairs of prescription eyeglasses from here for $43 a piece. Look and work great.

I saved a shitload of money especially since I've been doing natural vision training in the quest for perfect natural eyesight and my prescription keeps improving (down to 20/50 from 20/300).
    I know I'm resurecting an old thread... but what is "natural vision training"???? and does it work?
    Free Charmed.

I wear contacts but keep glasses around. I and my friends order from Zenni as well. Great styles, prices and they ship fast!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I know I'm resurecting an old thread... but what is "natural vision training"???? and does it work?
    Its a holistic approach. They use eye exercises to improve vision, not sure how it works or how well
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I want to know as well!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I saved a shitload of money especially since I've been doing natural vision training in the quest for perfect natural eyesight and my prescription keeps improving (down to 20/50 from 20/300).
    Can you tell me more about that? I've never heard of it.

I wear glasses, and I am actually a sexy librarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I want to know as well!

Can you tell me more about that? I've never heard of it.
    Look up the Bates Method on wikipedia or elsewhere. There's lots of information - sorry, I don't feel like explaining in detail other than to state it involves a series of eye relaxation exercises and easing off wearing contacts and glasses. The end result over time is improved vision without glasses.

I've not done the Bates method religiously. My eye work has also involved stopping contact usage 3 years ago and wearing my glasses only when I needed them (for driving mostly) and using pinhole glasses for watching TV from a distance.

I believe my eyesight improved markedly just on avoiding contacts alone. My eyes felt much less stressed.

As I said earlier in this thread, my eyesight was 20/300 and it's now 20/50. I have short moments in the day, where my eyesight will "pop" into 20/20-20/30 and everything is crystal clear. But then I get excited and the "moment" is lost.

I generally don't wear glasses when I'm driving now EXCEPT for at night.

Also, I prefer reading without glasses/contacts. Much more comfortable and dare I say clearer with natural vision.

I've not been doing any further work on improving my eyesight these days but I will soon. I want to be 20/20 and I want to avoid prebyopia which is do-able as well with natural methods.
    Last edited by qwerty; May 9th, 2009 at 11:18 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information