Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Do you wash your hair everyday?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Exclamation

I not wash my hair everyday.i wash every 2-3 days. i use mild shampoo & conditioner. but before washing i use oil on my hair. afterthat i wash hair. so there is less chance to damage Hair.

i have just read your post and completley agree with you. my mum and i both used to use the brands advertised on tv and then i became a hardresser so we would then use brands that are used in salons which can be expensivde. it was my mother who started having concerns bout the chemicals used in anything used on our skin we decided to completley change what we were putting in our bodys and what we were using on our skin/hair. we now have an organic healthy diet and will only use items with no chemicals in. i also let my hair dry naturally as much as i can as hairdryers/straightners/curlers do so much damage to our hair i haver certianly noticed a big difference in my hair it is so thick now and so much healthier and grows quicker. people just need to be eucated most of them dnt realise what they are putting on themselves. i also only wash my hair 2-3 times a week 4 if im on i night out lol.
    josaphene x

Another reason why I hate that I cut 12 inches off of my hair in November: I have to wash it 6 days a week. Before, it was so long that I would wash it every other night, and put it in a braid while it was damp, then go to bed. The next morning I'd have amazing waves. I would run my fingers through it and I was done.

Now, I have to blow dry it or it will look like shit, and I have to wash it every day(except sundays), because I'm a runner and my hair is so close to my head it gets all sweaty when I run.

Gross.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Bronze Member

i have fine hair, wash it about one times for on da, most time i will use the hair conditioner to protect my long hair.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well..

All of you have good discussion in this topic...
    I wash my hair twice in a weak and early if needed...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yes. I do it everyday. But shampooing and conditioner is every other day.

I have thin, fine, curly/wavy (some parts are curly, some are wavy) hair with 3 major cowlicks ~ one on each side of my forehead, & one in the back just to the right of my crown. It sucks! I think I have some of the worst hair on the planet. I absolutely must blow-dry my hair in order to tame the cowlicks.

I rotate shampoos every week or two b/c my hair seems to respond better when I don't use the same shampoo every week.

A few years ago, I managed somehow to grow it past the middle of my back & it was healthy. Then I cut it off in the "victoria beckham" cut, which looked great, but I regretted it soon after cutting it b/c I missed the versatility of the long hair, which for me, was a miracle that it had gotten that long in the first place, & was even healthy. I cut it in 2008 & my hair is just now about 2 or 3 inches below my shoulders & is shedding like mad. I don't want to cut it, but it seems to have gotten thinner over the past two years or so. I only wash every other day & when I can, I squeeze an extra day out of it by using a dry shampoo on the roots.

I usually wear my hair curly, but sometimes I'll flat iron it, maybe twice a month.

I also only color my hair, a dark brown that is almost the same as my natural color (covering those pesky gray hairs). I did make an appt for some highlights, but I might change my mind b/c I'm afraid my crappy hair will not be able to handle it. I do not want blonde highlights, I want either a light brown or a red highlights, or the very lightest I'd go is carmel. I do not want a lot of highlights, just a "partial".
    I am just bored to death with my hair, & I don't want to cut it. I guess worst case scenario is that the highlights will damage my hair & I'll have to cut it, but then again, that was really my only other option anyway.

Sorry for the long post, but I am super frustrated with my hair & needed to vent.

I probably commented much earlier in this thread but am too lazy to check.

I wash my hair 1 - 2x a week with a sulfate and paraben free shampoo (Desert Organics is great) and water wash in between.

Since getting off the sulfate shampoo, my hair says cleaner longer. I used to have to shampoo wash everyday.

The withdrawal period was rough in a way, but so worth it looking back.

i have very thick straight hair thats very heavy for wearing in ponytails so i just keep it down. i wash and condition everyday because it gets too greasy if i dont

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I probably commented much earlier in this thread but am too lazy to check.

I wash my hair 1 - 2x a week with a sulfate and paraben free shampoo (Desert Organics is great) and water wash in between.

Since getting off the sulfate shampoo, my hair says cleaner longer. I used to have to shampoo wash everyday.

The withdrawal period was rough in a way, but so worth it looking back.
    I tried a sulfate-free shampoo but the results were horrible. I feel like I should look into the matter more but eh.

I wash my hair several times a week. Would like to wash it everyday but that really is hard on it and also so time-consuming as my hair is long, curly and thick.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    I tried a sulfate-free shampoo but the results were horrible. I feel like I should look into the matter more but eh.

I wash my hair several times a week. Would like to wash it everyday but that really is hard on it and also so time-consuming as my hair is long, curly and thick.

Take a look at the no poo thread from last year. Getting your scalp off sulfate shampoo takes time and you have to be willing to have crappy looking hair for a bit. But as I said earlier, it's been worth it. Hair is much healthier.

I wash my hair every other day. It's never great on the second day but I wouldn't say greasy, just flat. My hair is super heavy yet fine (I just have so much hair!) so getting any volume is really difficult, even straight after washing, never mind a day after.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

i use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, it has really helped with my "scabby scalp" syndrome. i don't know what that was all about, severe dandruff or psoriasis, but i would have thick chunks of skin clump up and peel off (and bleed or leave scabs). i wash everyother day. my sister recommends the wen shampoo treatment system. has anyone here used it before?

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    i use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, it has really helped with my "scabby scalp" syndrome. i don't know what that was all about, severe dandruff or psoriasis, but i would have thick chunks of skin clump up and peel off (and bleed or leave scabs). i wash everyother day. my sister recommends the wen shampoo treatment system. has anyone here used it before?
    I recently tried Wen. My hair looked great at first, but the product is so full of silicones, I was a greaseball within a couple of uses. My hair is very sensitive to silicones, so I use cone-free products.

I condition only (was with a cone-free conditioner) most time. It gets my hair clean without stripping it, which lets me skip a couple days of washing. Before I went condition-only, I had to wash my hair every day.

Once in a while, I use an SLS-free shampoo as a clarifying treatment (perhaps once every couple weeks).

I have near-waist length wavy hair; like Levitt, mine's thin but there's so much of it! I wash and condition with anti-dandruff shampoos & conditioners every second day or my scalp gets itchy. But having read querty's posts, I think I'll try the sulfate-free stuff again; when I originally used it and my hair went flat, I didn't know there was an adjustment period. Thnx
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information