Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Do you wash your hair everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Okay, what do you girls that have fine, dry, curly hair use for shampoo and conditioner ... right now, I'm using Bed Head's Moisture Maniac ('poo and conditioner) and I think it's working opposite on me. Like my hair is protesting NOOOO. I use Nexus's Humectress as a leave-in. It's very heavy but it works. I am 39 years old and I still have the ringlets and they go down to the waist of my pants. It is a nightmare but I need to get on a routine because my hair is really suffering.
    I use John Frieda, they have special series for every hair colour. I use the ones for brown hairs. It's called shine release or something like that. Works fine with my hairs. And I had bad experiences with the Bed Head products as well!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can understand your problem of curly hair...But i have straight and silky hair....So i really cant help you as i can advice you only to use organic hair products for your Hair...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I have fine, naturally curly and very long hair. It's always been dry, but has been awful lately. My question is if you don't wash your hair everyday, do you still wet your hair? When I get out of bed, it's really obvious if haven't "styled" my hair every day since it's really curly. Sleeping on it means my curls get crushed or poofed out, so my plan is to get it wet and put in a really good leave-in conditioner that my stylist recommended each day when I take my shower ... I'm just worried that since I also have fine hair that it will look greasy. Yuck.
    I have the same type of hair and I wash it every 3-5 days. I notice my hair looks and feels the best the next day after wash, maybe because it is very long (reaching my waist) and needs some time to recover natural oil.
    I usually do my hair some way or other so I don't worry about perfect locks. If I want defined curls I just wash my hair and use Redken Fresh Curls leave-in.

My hair is down to my waist too, and I wash it twice a week at most. Use copious amounts of conditioner, and sometimes a deep conditioning treatment.

I always let it airdry, and brush it only when it is completely dry. My hair is quite frizzy when it's just dried, so I always wear it in a bun that day. The day after that it looks it's best, and the day after that I always need a bit of hairspray to hide the greasiness. Day after that is usually wash day again. I laways wash in the evening, to allow it enough time to dry before bed, and I always braid it or put into a bun on top of my head for bed.

I'm trying to grow it longer but it's growing very slowly. I'm taking vitamins for it, but that only seems to be working for my nails.

I don't really have a favorite hairproduct, I just use a supermarket brand, and sometimes Dove when it's on sale.

I regret coloring it about 6 months ago, it was supposed to be a rinse that would wash out in 20 washes, but it's still there. It's too red for my taste, and I'm considereing dyeing it again in a color closer to my own.

^ I read the max hair length is genetic, depending on the life cycle and activity of hair bulb. When the cycle is over the hair just comes out and after a while the bulb produces a new one, so you can not grow hair longer than what it gets within one such cycle.
    Have you tried oil to remove the dye? It may help. I once used coconut butter to nourish hair roots and the scalp, and in like three weeks my color was off (it was semi-permanent).

Quote Originally Posted by milagro View Post
    ^ I read the max hair length is genetic, depending on the life cycle and activity of hair bulb. When the cycle is over the hair just comes out and after a while the bulb produces a new one, so you can not grow hair longer than what it gets within one such cycle.
    Have you tried oil to remove the dye? It may help. I once used coconut butter to nourish hair roots and the scalp, and in like three weeks my color was off (it was semi-permanent).
    I haven't tried that actually, and my hair could use a good conditioning treatment. Thank you for the suggestion.

I think my hair has the potental to grow longer, as it has been in the past. But my hair keeps breaking off at the ends. I blame the hair dye.

One semi-permanent dye won't make your hair break off.
    It sounds like your hair is quite porous (this is why the dye has lasted longer), it happens to old hair. You can condition it, etc but the only cure is to actually grow more hair to replace it.
    Have you tried cod live oil (or an equivalent) to help your hair? I took it for my skin & it improved my hair and nails too.
    Another thing is to make sure that you're eating enough. I'd you're on a restricted diet for too long the body "thinks" of what it can do without & hair is one of the areas that it will divert nutrients from.

I don't know how you can cope with hair that long. I used to be able to tuck my hair into my jeans and I struggled to do much with it. Plus I always had to have it tied back at work because of nits *shudder*
    Free Charmed.

Ew, there was a lice problem at work? Where'd you work?

I could've sworn I posted on this thread before but...

I have long, thick wavy hair which I wash usually every other day, sometimes every 2-3 days if I'm not going anywhere in public. Lately I've been working out and I sweat BUCKETS so it's everyday now. OH and I condition the length with those heavy-duty conditioners that come with the drugstore haircolor boxes. I figure that helps make up for washing every day.

Btw, I tried one a couple of those sulfate-free shampoos and they made my hair totally lank, flat and dull. It felt dirty, to be honest. I tried one by Abba and another tea-tree oil one by Avalon but both sort of had the same blah effect.

Once when I got very blonde highlights and color, the colorist recommended Pureology sulfate-free shampoo to keep if from going brassy. It worked great but it was so expensive ($28 for 10 oz) and the blonde color required so much maintenance that I didn't keep it for very long.

I worked with moms, school kids in the UK seem to get head lice every 5 mins.... I had thick waist length hair that even with conditioner I couldn't get a nit comb through & ended up cutting a chunk out of in frustration.....

I use a variety of stuff (product whore) the Aussie stuff is nice but I also try to use a red colour shampoo & conditioner to keep the colour in... It's failed this time & quite quickly, I'm very disappointed.
    Free Charmed.

Ooh yeah they say red is the most difficult color to maintain. It fades quicker than blonde even. And it's true that head lice spreads like wildfire in kids, what an occupational hazard that must have been!

Have you tried that infusium 23 leave-in stuff?

It's got protein in it and I've noticed that if I put in too much it gives my hair that straw-like quality. But it's not bad with just a little bit. What other conditioner or leave-ins have you had success with? My main concern is split ends because I don't cut my hair as often as I should. I'm really overdue for a cut, hopefully I go next week.

Ooh! I'll seek that out Thanks B.
    I use a Toni & Guy Bed Head leave-in when I do that. The thing is I have impossibly shinty hair & leave-INS dull it somewhat.
    My hair is now bra length but in great condition, I don't tend to take multi vitamins but do take Vit C when I have a cold coming & col liver oil capsuals when I remember, but then I eat my "5 a day" in veg...
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

I don't know how you can cope with hair that long. I used to be able to tuck my hair into my jeans and I struggled to do much with it.
    You know, I've had hair of all lengths from a pixie cut to down to my waist and surprisingly, the extremes are more practical. The most trying is chin to shoulder length, it does require daily styling (unless you are blessed with perfect straight sleek hair maybe) and ways to do it are very limited.
    The only trouble is long hair dries loooong.

PS I admire you cope with this nits problem so cool. I would've developed a phobia, I'm afraid.

I read this thread yesterday. I wash my hair every day or else it's limp and greazy. I try to use lighter shampoos and condition only the ends. Sometimes I'll buy the expensive stuff but other times, I buy what I can afford, RE: the cheap shit. LOL As long as it's clean, shiny and manageable I'll but it. Wish I could get away with going a day inbetween with not washing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by milagro View Post
    You know, I've had hair of all lengths from a pixie cut to down to my waist and surprisingly, the extremes are more practical. The most trying is chin to shoulder length, it does require daily styling (unless you are blessed with perfect straight sleek hair maybe) and ways to do it are very limited.
    The only trouble is long hair dries loooong.

PS I admire you cope with this nits problem so cool. I would've developed a phobia, I'm afraid.
    Nits: it was about 10 yrs ago now. At the time I was a psycho wreck! Plus I had a handful that was chin length until it grew back in...

Chin - shoulder length: yeah, maybe so, when I was younger it was poker-straight; as I've got older it's got thicker & a bit more Curley but it's mainly straight.
    Free Charmed.

Hit By Ban Bus!

No,Washing hair everyday is not good for hair.I wash my hair 3 times in a week.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information