Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Do you wash your hair everyday?

Thanks for the tips !
    Like sputnik my hair tends to be greasy, I definitely have to wash it every day or it's really gross on the second day (and being a teacher I really can't go to work with greasy hair ...) but I noticed my hair started being greasy when I started to wash it everyday ... but now it's fucking hard to go back to a once every two day shampoo
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Fine hair, very thick. Oily. Have to wash it every day , if I want clean,shiny hair. I don't use hot water, just warm. I often wonder-would hot watter make dry hair people more oily?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I only have so much nowadays, but I wash it every day(more if out sweating/working in yard/etc). Only exception if I am having a 'lazy' day and am sitting around the house eating food and watching tv and not going anywhere.

I hate! the creepy 'feeling' of going out somewhere with my hair unwashed after having slept. I just hate it.

Of course it is easier and all with being a guy with short hair, just jump in the shower for five minutes and all.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    you guys are lucky. i have to wash it every day because my hair is super oily. i can get away with not washing it the second day only if i put it up in a pony tail and only if i know i won't be doing anything that night because by the evening of the second day it's pretty gross.
    Same here. Except for the ponytail part.

I have a full head of short hair, which sticks out in random directions after a night's sleep. I could just get it wet and comb it back to get it under control, but it looks greasy and puffy at the same time if I do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Same here. Except for the ponytail part.

I have a full head of short hair, which sticks out in random directions after a night's sleep. I could just get it wet and comb it back to get it under control, but it looks greasy and puffy at the same time if I do that.
    Yes. Also true if you use any hair product or gel-it just make is look bad after you have slept on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Yes. Also true if you use any hair product or gel-it just make is look bad after you have slept on it.
    Adding on to this, my son's hair is developing the way mine is. It is all over the place in the morning. But because he is a little kid, we just put some water on it, brush it, and it pretty much stays in place. And because he is 5, he couldn't care less.

My wife and daughter's hair are pretty dry, so if they can get their hair brushed down, they don't need to wash it for a couple of days. However, my daughter's hair is an incredible tangle after one night's sleep. All you can do, without washing and conditioning it, is brush out the outer layer to maintain a superficial appearance of it being combed out.

Wash my hair everyday. If I don't work, I will skip but I try not to go anywhere because no matter what, unless I wash it, it looks oily and dirty.

My wife and daughter's hair are pretty dry, so if they can get their hair brushed down, they don't need to wash it for a couple of days. However, my daughter's hair is an incredible tangle after one night's sleep. All you can do, without washing and conditioning it, is brush out the outer layer to maintain a superficial appearance of it being combed out.
    Has she tried sleeping with it in a braid? Sometimes that will help with tangles. A satin pillowcase works too.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

fgg

i wash mine everyday as well. i just bought some oscar blandi dry (spray) shampoo that i'm going to try out. i'd like to go every other day during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by NHKMM View Post
    I have very thick, straight hair and I wash it 1-2 times a day. It's short though (I'm a guy) so maybe it's different with long hair...
    i always thought you were a woman. i guess it was due to your avatar.

No, I don't. I have shoulder length hair and it's enough to wash it every 3-4 days in winter if I'm not bothered about it being straight. I found that the more often I wash the oilier it gets at the top so I stopped with the shampooning every day. In summer it's almost always wet so I don't even bother with a hairbrush either, let the natural waves take over and shampooing once a week.

One thing I always do though (especially if i want to brush) I apply tons of Tresemme salon silk moisturiser, even if I don't use shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Has she tried sleeping with it in a braid? Sometimes that will help with tangles. A satin pillowcase works too.
    I think so, but it's been a while. My wife would occasionally put her hair in a braid (French braid), which they did in the interest keeping her hair manageable. For some reason, I think she doesn't like sleeping with a braid, though.

I'd try a satin pillowcase, but she keeps crawling into our bed at around 3 am, so we'd probably all have to use satin pillowcases to make that work.

My hair is thick, wavy/curly, and kind of coarse. I generally wash it twice a week. More than that dries it out.

It used to be very long, almost down to my hiney, until I chopped it to arm pit length a week ago.... and oh how I miss it. I know it sounds silly, but I haven't worn it this short in years and am feeling kind of bald. Jealous of all you long haired gals.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Oh I have to braid both my girls' hair before bed each night. If not we'll be in for a world of tears and tangles the next morning-- especially for the youngest whose hair can be like cotton candy. Both girls have very long thick hair and wash it twice a week (unless it gets really filthy for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    My hair is thick, wavy/curly, and kind of coarse. I generally wash it twice a week. More than that dries it out.

It used to be very long, almost down to my hiney, until I chopped it to arm pit length a week ago.... and oh how I miss it. I know it sounds silly, but I haven't worn it this short in years and am feeling kind of bald. Jealous of all you long haired gals.

Oh I have to braid both my girls' hair before bed each night. If not we'll be in for a world of tears and tangles the next morning-- especially for the youngest whose hair can be like cotton candy. Both girls have very long thick hair and wash it twice a week (unless it gets really filthy for some reason).
    What do parents do with little girls who have long curly hair -- kind of like long ringlets of hair? You can't even pretend that it's combed by just brushing the outer layer. I keep thinking that it must be a nightmare to maintain.

What do parents do with little girls who have long curly hair -- kind of like long ringlets of hair? You can't even pretend that it's combed by just brushing the outer layer. I keep thinking that it must be a nightmare to maintain.
    [insert sweet music] they use Johnson's no more tears / no more tangles shampoo and spray. And daddy brushes it out every morning because he's more careful than mummy but with all this effort it's cries every single morning.

I've tried the spray it does work wonders.

I didn't read the whole thread, so this might be a complete repeat of something another poster has said, but here's my two cents.

I have two little girls, 3 & 6 yrs old. The oldest has the THICKEST most beautiful hair you can imagine (from her father), the little has my thin/fine hair. Anyway, the oldest w/the beautiful hair--its also very long. It can be very difficult to tame, especially after being in the pool which completely wrecks it. I have found a few Johnson & Johnson products that have really helped. Its a variation of the old 'No More Tears' type of stuff. It comes in both spray and a heavier leave in conditioner squeeze bottle. I also use a TON of conditioner on her hair every single wash (and we only was her hair 3x a wk). And then after her bath,we put on the Johnson & Johnson stuff and THEN the next morning before I even attempt to brush her hair, I put MORE of the J&J product on (it can be used on wet or dry hair). It does help, but can still be difficult.
    It's not super expensive either which is nice. I have tried so many things and this seems to work well......

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information