Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Do you wash your hair everyday?

fgg

^feel free to share what the products are and how to use them!

i have naturally curly hair that i've straightened my whole life and i've done the same thing - my hair is now curly every day. i've never learned how to style it though so i need help.
    palta likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I'm somewhere around 2B to 3A curly type, depending on the day and product (and chart you're looking at). I started to use the LUS brand shampoo/conditioner and styling product and I love them. Honestly, these made a big difference for me. More recently I've started to apply the LUS style product in the shower to wet hair and doing about 4 big sections of curls and plopping all that into a shower cap for about 10 minutes. Once I let that sit I'll use an old t-shirt of my husbands to get some of the moisture out of my hair by scrunching it. I then use Innersense "Inner Peace" first followed by "I Create Volume" (since I have very find and also thin hair).

I apply all 3 products using the "Praying Hands" method I found online (pinterest and instagram) and then scrunching to form curls. I also finger coil any of the curls that are super wonky looking.

I did get a new diffuser attachment for my dryer and I have started to use that to get it about 80% dry on low volume/medium heat. I let it air dry the rest of the way and then "scrunch out the crunch".

I'm no expert and from everything I've read if this works for me if won't work for you....curly hair is weird and there's not a good method for everyone. I follow some curly ppl on Instagram and they have a ton of tip and tricks on what they do and how their hair looked prior to their luscious glam curls they have now.
    palta, weathered1 and fgg like this.

^curly/wavy hair is so tricky, sometimes i just want to shave my head again lol

Elite Member

I have stick-straight hair. Thanks to menopause and stress it has begun thinning. I was always told I don't have thick hair, but I have a lot of it. Not the case anymore. Arghh. I started taking vitamins specifically for hair, skin and nails and using an anti-thinning shampoo, hoping to stem the tide.

^I'm the same, very straight hair that was always soft and shiny but would never hold a style more than a couple of hours, even with a ton of product. Hairdressers love cutting it because it's like a baby's, but they also tell me I have a lot of hair, just very fine. I used to wash it every day, now I only wash it twice a week and just wet it the other days because I work from home and can pull it back.

But I was losing a lot of hair and noticing thinning patches, so I cut it a bit shorter to get rid of some of the "weight" - I actually get a sore scalp when my hair gets too oily and it feels like it's being pulled out at the roots. I also changed the type of hair ties I was using to ones that don't pull as much, and will keep my hair in even if they're a little looser. It seems to have improved over the last few months.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I have curly/ wavy hair and I’m always too lazy to straighten it. For the last 2 years or so I just washed it every day and put mousse or gel into it while wet and drive to work. It dried naturally, wasn’t frizzy so I settled. On Thanksgiving, as some of you FB friends know, I put it in a ponytail over my head and cut a bit off. I then straightened it and it was pretty good. My point is that I haven’t washed it yet but it’s not greasy so I’m good for another day or so.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

fgg

dolem - that sounds like so many steps/so much effort!

shellee - if i just towel dry my hair and then let it air dry, it takes a few hours for it to fully dry.

i'm scared to use gel or mousse because curly hair nightmares are made of crispy curls.
    palta likes this.

czb

it has been hard for me to find leave-ins that don't make my hair crispy. i remembered i bought a product as recommended by someone here, they swore by it but it made my hair crispy. and the leave-ins can be expensive and typically they don't provide samples.

2 great products from Living Proof to try: In Shower Styler and/or the No Frizz Styling Cream. No crispy hair from either.
    fgg likes this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    it has been hard for me to find leave-ins that don't make my hair crispy. i remembered i bought a product as recommended by someone here, they swore by it but it made my hair crispy. and the leave-ins can be expensive and typically they don't provide samples.
    No crisp. It's like spraying on water. I bought it because it was toxin free. Saw it on YT. I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail or pigtail braids (don't tell anyone) with a hat and wanted more moisture while my hair was tied up. I don't blow dry. I can't use creams, they just don't work for me. This spray gives me silky shine with softness. I got it at Target for 10 dollars I think.

https://www.kristinesshair.com/produ...in-conditioner
    palta likes this.

Thin, greasy, limp hair here. I notice that the hair on my temples falls out alot, grows back, but is only 3 cm long before it falls out again. Looks strange, all that short hair there. My fucking ex hairdresser gave me a ton of far too light highlights in december last year, leaving my hair stressed, with split ends around my head, possum style. I have to get it cut every 6 weeks, so I'm still not able to do a ponytail. My new hairdresser gives all, but you can't make gold from shit. I wash it almost every day, otherwise I look like a total mess. Dry shampoo works for some hours, but tends to make my hair looking even greasier after that. I never look well put together or neat, which was fine until I got older, now it's just bad.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Do you use a gentle shampoo? Or maybe you can try to only wash your hair with water and use conditoner for the lengths every other time, it's much more gentle on the hair and scalp.
    -

fgg

i have to avoid putting conditioner on my crown because my hair will look greasy also. plus, i rinse it out pretty quickly and don't let it sit.
    sputnik likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    No crisp. It's like spraying on water. I bought it because it was toxin free. Saw it on YT. I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail or pigtail braids (don't tell anyone) with a hat and wanted more moisture while my hair was tied up. I don't blow dry. I can't use creams, they just don't work for me. This spray gives me silky shine with softness. I got it at Target for 10 dollars I think.

https://www.kristinesshair.com/produ...in-conditioner
    actually, i've been sticking with the b&b product. it's been working pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i have to avoid putting conditioner on my crown because my hair will look greasy also. plus, i rinse it out pretty quickly and don't let it sit.
    I think conditioner isn't really made to use on the crown, only in the lenghts. Only maybe the co-wash conditioners but that's another story altogether.
    fgg likes this.
    -

Thread Information