Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Do you wash your hair everyday?

I love it too! It reminds me of a christmas cookie dough my grandma used to make.
    -

Bronze Member

Hi, I think, I would agree to look for a non-sulfate shampoo and hair conditioner because it could really eliminate dryness. It can even clean your hair without stripping it of its color and essential oils. It will leave your hair soft and easy to manage

Hit By Ban Bus!

I do! I use warm water and mild shampoo since I do it on a daily basis.

I'm on a New Year's resolution update BUMPing spree. One of mine this year was to not wash my hair every day - it's fine and greasy but soft and shiny after it's washed, so I've never been able to go more than a day without shampooing it, at least on weekdays.

I found a can of Oscar Blandl dry shampoo in the bathroom cupboard, and the last two weeks at work were quiet while most people were on holidays so I decided to get into a routine of washing it every second day and using dry shampoo alternate days. So far it's been okay, my hair actually looks great after I brush it out out but it does get a slightly powdery look (I have very dark hair) and my hands feel gritty all day.

But my head doesn't get itchy, which it used to after a day without washing, and although it's a bit limp by mid-afternoon I can put it up and it looks fine.

So I'm going to stick with it but does anyone know a better product?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

My son has really thick hair and since he has reached puberty, he had a lot of dandruff, it always itched. I have spend so much money on all organic natural shampoos, then the cheap anti dandruff ones (that was the worst for his scalp), I have tried it all, you name it...

Then over the xmas holidays I kept on commenting how good his hair looks. He stopped shampooing his hair. He had stopped since 2 weeks before he told me -it was his cousin who told him - and I had not noticed it or I had but in a good way. His dandruff cleared up, his hair is a lot less greasy and looks a lot better which makes me ????
    I do the smell test everyday but -admitted it doesn't smell perfumy BUT it doesn't stink at all. He does wash it every day with water and then once a week he rinses with a vinegar mixture.
    Apparently this is the no poo diet and there a lots of youtube videos about it.

I would have really been on his case if I had known about it before he started but since it really made a chance for the better...

I would love to try that but what about after exercise? My hair gets so wet and greasy I couldn't possibly go out without a hat.

But ive got a couple of weeks off soon and I plan on swimming a lot so I won't be washing it anyway. I'll see how long I can last without shampoo.
    Froogy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I would love to try that but what about after exercise? My hair gets so wet and greasy I couldn't possibly go out without a hat.

But ive got a couple of weeks off soon and I plan on swimming a lot so I won't be washing it anyway. I'll see how long I can last without shampoo.
    I would never think this comes from me, (my husband thought I was going to flip when my son told me) but seeing how healthy his hair and especially his scalp has become, he has converted my husband who started it 3 days ago and I am thinking of doing it myself, I told my son I would see how smelly and dirty his hair would be once school and PE started but as long as he washes it every day with just water it hasn't been 'smelly' He now tells me a million times 'stop sniffing me' It would save me above 2500$ a year, I am afraid I will not be able too ( I am a blow-dry addict and I love the smell of argan oil!!)

^^^ I think that's awesome that your son found an alternative way to rid his dandruff!
    kasippu likes this.

I'm on a New Year's resolution update BUMPing spree. One of mine this year was to not wash my hair every day - it's fine and greasy but soft and shiny after it's washed, so I've never been able to go more than a day without shampooing it, at least on weekdays.

I found a can of Oscar Blandl dry shampoo in the bathroom cupboard, and the last two weeks at work were quiet while most people were on holidays so I decided to get into a routine of washing it every second day and using dry shampoo alternate days. So far it's been okay, my hair actually looks great after I brush it out out but it does get a slightly powdery look (I have very dark hair) and my hands feel gritty all day.

But my head doesn't get itchy, which it used to after a day without washing, and although it's a bit limp by mid-afternoon I can put it up and it looks fine.

So I'm going to stick with it but does anyone know a better product?
    I got a sample of Klorane dry shampoo with Oat Milk in my Allure Beauty Box and I love it! I was using the cheap stuff, but the Klorane makes my hair look great, isn't powdery, smells better, and my hair can go longer without washing than it can with the Suave or whatever. It's $$$, though. You can get it on Amazon.
    faithanne likes this.

Living Proof dry shampoo is absolutely the best I've ever used. It has a nice light fragrance. It really is dry when you spray it. It brushes out very well. And no static or residue. My hair actually feels and looks clean. I highly recommend. I make sure to shake well before each spray.

faithanne likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

^Thank you both. I use Klorane shampoo and conditioner so I'll definitely try their dry shampoo because at least I know I can buy it locally. I might have to hunt around for the Living Proof but I'm very keen to try it after your recommendation Sprynkles.
    sprynkles likes this.

It has great reviews, which is why I tried it. I have about 10 different products now from that line. It has really changed my hair.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

The natural oils of the skin (scalp) moisturizes the hair. Using products can strip the oil.
    Everyone's skin is different hence why one person would produce dandruff and another doesn't after using the exact same product.

When my hair acts up, I simply stop washing it. Pull it up in a bun for a week.....if I can get away with it. lol
    However, nowadays I'm finding as I'm soon approaching the age of the big 4-5 .... my hair and skin is as dry as the sahara. Just last night, I used practically a 1/4cup of macadamia oil I had among my beauty stash on my hair and worked it to the scalp and it wasn't greasy at all! Normally, it would be and I'd be breaking out. I have thick brunetter hair. I'm like Joan Collins of the north
    Yes, I know that's not a good thing. *sigh

I find it works well if I dry shampoo before my workout. Having the stuff on there seems to absorb the sweat.
    faithanne and sprynkles like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I use a Wen and it allows me to wash my scalp off without drying my hair out but still feeling clean

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information