Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have grey hair?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Re: Do you have Grey Hair?

I have a few strings I acquired last year, due to too much stress. I just leave them there in order to prove that my hair color is natural.

Well I am back to dyeing the goatee..for some reason I do not seem to be allergic to the products anymore!??? Also I found if I use a slightly darker color I can wash it off quicker and still get the same result. I just do not understand how I am not having a reaction to it now..when before it burned the shit out of my face. ????? It also seems to be lasting longer-meaning I am not having to use it so often. I completely do not understand this. And what I am using is the Just for Men product..which is the one I had the worst allergic reaction to. ?????
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I have been going gray since about 19, and I hate it. I used to color my hair some pretty unique shades, but I've now toned it down a bit. It's just such a pain in the ass to maintain, without salt n pepper roots showing. I have seen a few women who were my age who let themselves go gray without coloring, and although I admire their decision, it's not for me. So I continue coloring every few weeks. I'm waiting and wishing for the day when the next beauty breakthrough is a permanent treatment for gray hair. That would be a sweet day. And I don't care what the cost, it would be worth it.

I've had a streak of white hair on my left temple ever since I was a kid. I was pretty blond when I was young, but as my hair darkened as I got older, that area stayed white. It was pretty noticeable when I had long hair and didn't colour it - a big long white lock of hair right at my part.

Now I get my hair coloured, and I guess they include that lock in the hightlights, and all my hair is even. Other than that I've started noticing a fair few gray hairs over the last few year. My dad was completely silver by his early forties, so I'm sure I'll be similar. My mom never had gray hair, although she passed away relatively young, 57 and no gray was pretty good.

Yes, I am starting to get a big ol' skunk stripe on one side of my head, pretty much only visible when I put my hair up, but still...I got it when I was 26. 29 now, there's more everyday, and I must confess it's stressing me out and depressing me more than it should.

Mainly because my only great physical attribute all my life has been my hair. Always been long, strong, shiny. The only thing people consistently complimented me on and envied me. I feel like I'm being cheated out of the only thing that has made me feel pretty. It SUCKS and it's NOT FAIR! *tantrum*

Even though I am 52 I only have gray hair at the temples, all the rest is still very dark brown. I think I take after my Dad, he never grayed. My Mom started dying her hair in her 30s but leaves it silver now, it looks great. My hair is very thick and coarse by nature, and the gray hairs are even more curly and coarse. I have always heard the temples are very hard to keep dyed, so I'm not bothering with it.

i have been going gray since i was 14. i've been coloring since i was 20. i had no clue how much of my hair was gray until i went thru chemo. when it grew back in, it was ALL GRAY! so i'm back to coloring, and just waiting for the gray racing stripe to show up every couple of months so i can redo it. i wish i'd have just let it stay gray. being immature could have offset the 'old look' i got from the gray lol
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Going quite grey now. In my late 30s and I reckon I'm about 50% grey.

I am tinting it myself. Mind you, been tinting it most of my life so no change there.

I have to do it so often now though, 'cos like A*O says, it shows a kind of obvious stripe in my mid-brown hair. The contrast is so much greater than my natural colour was with my tints.

Maybe it's time I looked at professional lowlights or something.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

I have gray hair... I swear to God, it just turned gray overnight or something (someone mentioned stress?).. It's not a lot... but it scared the heck out of me.. I was like "but, mommy... I'm only 21!" (lmao) So..yea, I didn't like what I saw, so I colored my hair and its natural looking brown now
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    No grey hair as yet! Not looking forward to getting any stray greys either!
    I'm with you - no gray hairs now and I don't really want any. that whole thing about them being springy and wiry scares the bejeesus outta me!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

i've had one since i was twelve or so my mom says i've never seen it *whistles as leaving the room
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Not really gray - but after having a major hair loss mainly due to stress, lack of sleep and poor nutrition - a lot of the hairs on my front hairline and the rest of my scalp have grown back very light....almost colorless/white. You can only notice if you look closely. It's probably temporary, though. Same thing happened to a couple of family members from my mother's side, because of stress.
    Last edited by NHKMM; June 20th, 2007 at 07:23 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

not on my head

I don't have any as yet. I am going to be another one who plucks them out when I see them !

I have quite a bit of grey, but I have blonde hair and it blends in fairly well. It doesn't bother me very much and I don't think I'd ever colour it over.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information