Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have grey hair?

Bronze Member

Default Re: Grey Hair?

While being fortunate enough to have very little gray, the color itself does not concern me. Now, the TEXTURE bothers me a lot - wiry, curly, springy hair sticking out like sore thumbs in the rest of my fine textured hair.

Thank goodness for pomades...

Ive had grey hair on the sides of my head since i was 12.. apparently, they make me look distinguished or something..hard to see since i usually have my hair shorn right off, but if i let it grow in for a couple weeks i get endless "omg, you're going grey!" comments, from the same stupid people who've said it a million times before..

Had it since i was twelve, told you this a hundred times already...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Gah, dont dye facial hair ! lol

Once i had to do that, cuz my hair was done up all in blood red spikes, and I had put a matching stripe down the center of my goatee..work didnt like that..

so i went out and bought some of that 'just for men' stuff.. ye gods.. it looked like i had spraypainted the goatee matte black! Horrible!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm so grey that it even lists that as my hair color on my driver's license. That's when you know you're grey.

Age is power.

Silver Member

I haev been getting grey since I was 16, I am 28 now so needless to say I have tons and tons of them. Being a woman it sucks and I color it brown/red every six weeks, it is such a pain in the ass. I went blonde in the summer and it was so much easier, the grey belnded right in. But men on the other hand, they look so so so so yummy with grey hair, I love it.

Gold Member

My great-aunt went completely white in her early 20's and I started getting the occasional white hair when I was an early teen. It looks like I'm going to have a white stripe in the middle of my hair into my bangs. I color my hair a darker shade than my own once in awhile but I've been extra lazy lately. I'm only 27 and everyone is like "you're so young". Ok, well, the hair on my head is not the hair I was born with, so it doesn't matter how old I am, my hair wants to be white. I just hate the texture of it. My sister's are the same color and texture (she's only 18). She yanked some out one time and somebody thought it was fishing line!

Gold Member

I have one grey hair on my head and I love to play with it If I get more and they start to bother me I'll just add highlights to hide them. I think keeping some of your natural haircolor is youthful because the hair is so healthy.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrowneyes
    While being fortunate enough to have very little gray, the color itself does not concern me. Now, the TEXTURE bothers me a lot - wiry, curly, springy hair sticking out like sore thumbs in the rest of my fine textured hair.

Thank goodness for pomades...
    Tonight I was looking at my hair and the gray, although I don't have alot, it's the texture of some of them that freaks me out. I've got fine straight hair too, then there's those few wiry kinky hairs. So I'm wondering what the hell is my hair gonna look like with that funk. I'm getting a gray streak in the middle of my bangs that I thinks kinda cool, after all if it's gonna be gray, why not have a grey streak. I have pretty dark hair that I've never colored or highlighted and may never, because for now I don't mind the grays.

This thread makes me feel better. I was in despair this week after finding my first white hair.

Default Re: Do you have Grey Hair?

If you think finding grey hair on your head is depressing.....wait until you find your first grey pubic hair. Makes you stop breathing for a few moments. Seems like only a step or two to needing a walker.

Gray eyelashes and eyebrow hairs, are they just mutant hairs or do they turn gray too? They've freaked me out on the couple of occasions I've found them. I've never noticed people having them, I'll have to pay attention. But like my 87 year young Dad always tells us, it's better than the alternative!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    If you think finding grey hair on your head is depressing.....wait until you find your first grey pubic hair. Makes you stop breathing for a few moments. Seems like only a step or two to needing a walker.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by B.C.
    Gray eyelashes and eyebrow hairs, are they just mutant hairs or do they turn gray too? They've freaked me out on the couple of occasions I've found them. I've never noticed people having them, I'll have to pay attention. But like my 87 year young Dad always tells us, it's better than the alternative!
    Yes, all hair either turns grey or falls out. All flesh either swells up or shrinks down. What doesn't fall off, no longer works. But, with age comes wisdom. So you can be completely aware that all this wonderful crap is happening to your body. Be brave, however, the mind quickly goes and you forget all about it.

I miss my knees the most.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    Yes, all hair either turns grey or falls out. All flesh either swells up or shrinks down. What doesn't fall off, no longer works. But, with age comes wisdom. So you can be completely aware that all this wonderful crap is happening to your body. Be brave, however, the mind quickly goes and you forget all about it.

I miss my knees the most.

No grey hair as yet! Not looking forward to getting any stray greys either!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information