Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I need a nosejob?

Hit By Ban Bus!

i was really happy with the tummy tuck. it made such a difference. i have two kids and they wreaked havoc on my abdomen. my surgeon said some people just don't have the elasticity to snap back into shape. i had a pretty wicked overhanging skin issue, that would have never gone away because it was all skin, not fat. i didn't lose any 'weight' but i lost SO many inches from my waist. they even sewed my muscles shut. that was seven years ago and my stomach is still flat. and the belly button looks great even though it's totally fake. it took about two weeks of wearing a tight girdle around my waist and alot of rest to be able to resume normal activities. everyone is different though. i have a scar from hip to hip. looks like someone tried to cut me in half. but its worth it, the only time it would show would be if i was completely bare.

whatever you do, get the horizontal scar tummy tuck, my friend had a scar vertically down her belly and they screwed it up royally. you could put an orange in her botched belly button. i felt really bad for her because i had raved about my job and really convinced her to go through with it, unfortunately she didn't have the same surgeon, so if you do choose to do it, make sure you see the surgeon's work first, my family doctor recommended mine, it was a woman, and she was really great about it. she said no one needs to have a mass of flesh in front of them to make them physically uncomfortable and feel icky.

i woke up from surgery with a flat stomach, which was SO weird. there were a couple of drainage tubes sticking out of me, which looked gross, but didn't hurt. of course i was on painkillers. it didn't really hurt except when i tried to sit up. i spent alot of time laying down. she did some lipo on my hips and i think that was alot more sore than the surgery incision.

after reading all these responses, when i see the surgeon i am gonna ask just for a really slight job, maybe just to thin the tip a bit. i have no idea how they do that. i wonder if there is a site where you could upload a picture of yourself and give yourself a new nose. i need some computer generated nosejobbing done! my nose seems to just get more bulbous all the time, it's weird. will that honker ever quit growing?

Hit By Ban Bus!

hey just wanted to update. i found this site really interesting with a very interesting photo. the girls nose is almost exactly like mine from the up view. and it's 'bulbous' has anyone ever had this particular procedure done? it seems to involve just the tip. and doesn't have a bad obvious effect...

i really like what they did. it looks really cute and not all freaky looking after. (like some botched job where they thin your nose out so bad you have these flairing nostrils)

(procedure explained at bottom of page)

http://www.emedicine.com/ent/topic111.htm

Hi!
    I think you are really cute: beautiful face, beautiful colors, hair and smile.
    Your nose doesn't look overshadowing, the bridge looks good and I wouldn't touch it; i'd just ask a doctor to slimmer the cartilage on the tip. A bit like C. Aguilera did!
    But you are beautiful.

Holy crap, you have kids and stuff? You look like a teenager in your pics! I think that even though you look great as you are perhaps you should go ahead with it as long as it's something subtle. Just a little bit thinner at the end. If it makes you feel good and you can afford it, why not?

i agree with yanna. especially if it's something you've been thinking about since you were a teenager. but make sure you pick a really good surgeon. the ideal thing is finding someone that got a nose job and you liked the result, and going to that same doctor. go with someone really reputable.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

you guys make me blush with the nice things you are saying. i'm 36 and my kids are growing up and i'm single. i'm trying to lose weight and eventually will get my ass back out there and meet some new people. with more confidence. i know losing weight will make a big difference. a cuter nose might help too. who knows.

Hey I think your very pretty, gorgeous features.. I have done this imaging for you if you wanna see what you could get.. (I'm kinda practising my ability with photo editing, new at this lol) what do you think?

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7154/nosey1yo.jpg

SVZ

Tip work is the most complex thing you can do when it comes to rhinoplasty though...if they remove cartilage they have to add struts in to retain structural integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    Tip work is the most complex thing you can do when it comes to rhinoplasty though...if they remove cartilage they have to add struts in to retain structural integrity.
    They don't usualy use struts/grafts unless nescessary. Usualy for those who are in need of a revision!

SVZ

Most doctors use some form of them now, since scar tissue applies pressure later on and it decreases the risk of collapse.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Honest opinion? A nose job would make your eyes look like they're too far apart. I think your nose is in perfect harmony with your face, Egolita. I say don't ruin it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

holy shit thanks for the photoshopping job. it seems like my nose would really make my lips alot thinner if it was slimmed. then i'd have to get lip injections, then i'd have to get my ticket to freakdom and i would look scary!

your job was great. i do look different and i dont like that. scary.

i look like the fricking GRINCH with a nose job lol.

i photoshopped me with anna kournikova's nose haha. dont know where the idea for her came from...

LMAO!!!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...titled-1-2.jpg

anyone else good a photoshop?

i'd love to try paris hilton's nose muahaha

this is almost twilight zonish now.
    Last edited by Egolita; January 25th, 2007 at 01:17 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    I have a weird nose myself but in NO WAY have I ever thought of surgically altering it. This nose is me and I come from my mother and father and heritage. I'm keeping it.
    I think your comment is interesting mtlebay. My brother and I have the same exact nose, but neither of our noses looks like it came from our parents. Weird. I hate my nose, but I know I would freak if I tried to change it, because all it needs is the tip changed, and from reading this thread I can see that's a huge gamble.

I can see why you want to change it, however I don't think it's bad enough to warrant risking that it might not turn out well and/or change over time. Another thing is that AK's nose would make you look really generic, like Denise Richards or something. She's not really special, she's just another blond barbie doll type, quite generic and milquetoast actually. Your face is unique, and actually much more attractive IMO.

I think you're still on the fence though, and may still do it. Reason I think so? My nose looks like yours on the upshot and I'd love it to look like the after picture. Will I do it? No. But mostly because I'm older and what the hay. But you're young and I think you may well do it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Egolita View Post
    holy shit thanks for the photoshopping job. it seems like my nose would really make my lips alot thinner if it was slimmed. then i'd have to get lip injections, then i'd have to get my ticket to freakdom and i would look scary!

your job was great. i do look different and i dont like that. scary.

i look like the fricking GRINCH with a nose job lol.

i photoshopped me with anna kournikova's nose haha. dont know where the idea for her came from...

LMAO!!!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...titled-1-2.jpg

anyone else good a photoshop?

i'd love to try paris hilton's nose muahaha

this is almost twilight zonish now.
    Lol, I think you look fine! And thanks. Here's another one.. Sorta Paris Hilton ish.. But not as bad!

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6596/nosey22kb.jpg

Hit By Ban Bus!

LMAO! i have to print these out and take them to the surgeon. this is NOT what i want to look like hehe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information