Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which deodorant do you use?

Default Re: Deoderant

I think the ones you guys are referring to is the same as the one i used - DRICLOR - its the one you only use at night for excessive sweating. It KILLS my pits too much, i have to wipe it off cuz it stings too harshly. I have an allergy to aerosol deodorants/anti-perspirants -only use roll-on so it cant be good that im using it. On the site it says this:
    Instructions for use:
    Before using DRICLOR
    1. Ensure the affected areas are perfectly dry before applying DRICLOR. Do not apply to broken or irritated skin.
    2. Do not bathe the affected areas just before using DRICLOR. Allow at least one hour after bathing.
    3. Do not use a hair removal cream or shave the armpits 24 hours before or after using the product.

How and when to use DRICLOR
    1. Apply last thing at night when completely relaxed.
    2. Make sure the skin is perfectly dry before applying DRICLOR.
    3. The next morning, wash and dry the areas you have treated. Do not re-apply DRICLOR again during the day.
    4. At first, you should use DRICLOR each night until sweating stops during the day. You may then find you can cut down its use to twice weekly and then to once weekly and possibly even less often.
    5. DRICLOR may cause temporary irritation or redness. If this troubles you, stop using DRICLOR for a while, and if necessary consult your doctor.

The beauty is that it STILL works even when i wipe it off after one minute at night! I dont use it anymore cuz of the burning, but if you do sweat a lot, TRY SOME! The whole day you can be in a sauna and nothing happens.
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Default Re: Deoderant

Quote Originally Posted by mklady
    But I get a shower in the morning and would be left with no ap/deoderant on.
    Me too...it's powerful enough that you just use it once to cut down on sweating in general...similar to the other product that the poster below you describes.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticGirl
    I think the ones you guys are referring to is the same as the one i used - DRICLOR - its the one you only use at night for excessive sweating. It KILLS my pits too much, i have to wipe it off cuz it stings too harshly. I have an allergy to aerosol deodorants/anti-perspirants -only use roll-on so it cant be good that im using it. On the site it says this:
    Instructions for use:
    Before using DRICLOR
    1. Ensure the affected areas are perfectly dry before applying DRICLOR. Do not apply to broken or irritated skin.
    2. Do not bathe the affected areas just before using DRICLOR. Allow at least one hour after bathing.
    3. Do not use a hair removal cream or shave the armpits 24 hours before or after using the product.

How and when to use DRICLOR
    1. Apply last thing at night when completely relaxed.
    2. Make sure the skin is perfectly dry before applying DRICLOR.
    3. The next morning, wash and dry the areas you have treated. Do not re-apply DRICLOR again during the day.
    4. At first, you should use DRICLOR each night until sweating stops during the day. You may then find you can cut down its use to twice weekly and then to once weekly and possibly even less often.
    5. DRICLOR may cause temporary irritation or redness. If this troubles you, stop using DRICLOR for a while, and if necessary consult your doctor.

The beauty is that it STILL works even when i wipe it off after one minute at night! I dont use it anymore cuz of the burning, but if you do sweat a lot, TRY SOME! The whole day you can be in a sauna and nothing happens.

Yep, Certain Dri works the same way.

Default Re: Which deoderant do you use?

What gets me about that is that I don't sweat at night unless something causes me to wake in a cold sweat. It's only during the day.

And no way could I not shave the pits. It's like an obsession for me - must do daily!

Old thread but....

Has anyone tried AnHydrol Forte? I am quite sweaty under the pits, even though I shower and keep clean, I am so sick of getting sweat patches

Get botox in your armpits!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No that costs a fortune and will hurt. I have just ordered something called Odaban, maybe that will help

It doent seem to matter which brand I use, I seem to have an allergic reaction. Does any one know of a non irritating brand that actually works? I would try the botox but its too expensive for my taste. I love the scent of Vanilla Chai by secret , but I havent seen it in stores for ages.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
    It doent seem to matter which brand I use, I seem to have an allergic reaction. Does any one know of a non irritating brand that actually works? I would try the botox but its too expensive for my taste. I love the scent of Vanilla Chai by secret , but I havent seen it in stores for ages.
    I had a massive allergic reaction to my deodorant last year and spent most of August with armpits so sore and raw I couldn't put anything on them. I started looking at ingredients and noticed that almost all of them list aluminum tetrachlorhydrex GLY (sp?) as the active ingredient. I found Lady Mitchum roll-on, which has aluminum sesquichlorohydrex instead. Only thing that's worked for me without causing the allergic reaction again. The roll-on is the only Lady Mitchum version that has that active ingredient - the stick and gel have the tetrachlorhydrex stuff. It's not easy to find the roll-on anymore, but Walgreens usually has it and it's cheap as heck and works really well.
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it on my own!

I love this : ) my bro turned me onto it

"the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Dove original. Love it.

I use this one during the summer along with some baby powder here and there. It is very gentle and yet works really well.

Dove. Never happy with anything else.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

I used to sweat profusely too and then it just stopped. I can't put my finger on the date it stopped, but I truly think it had something to do with my diet. Due to food allergies discovered about a year ago I had to radically change my diet. It's all whole foods, homemade, no preservatives, no chemicals etc...

I have used certi dri in the past and even the prescription stuffs mentioned earlier. I contemplated botox at one point. Now, a few years later, I use the toms of main hippie stuff that has no antiperspirant and I have no issues. Strange, no?

Anyway, I used to use the Secret Platinum with relative success although I would often have to reapply throughout the day.

^ I've been using Tom's of Maine for over 2 years and I think it's what's made me almost stop sweating. I started using it because I got weirded out about all the talk of antiperspirants being linked to breast cancer, but the awesome side effect is that I hardly sweat anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    ^ I've been using Tom's of Maine for over 2 years and I think it's what's made me almost stop sweating. I started using it because I got weirded out about all the talk of antiperspirants being linked to breast cancer, but the awesome side effect is that I hardly sweat anymore.
    Ditto. They are finding way too many parabens in breast lumps for my comfort. Tom's can be used even during chemo. Most importantly, don't shave and then apply antiperspirant, it gets into the cuts. Shave at night and put whatever you use on in the morning.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information