Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dental bonding

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    My mum has teeth that have been screwed into the gum- just the front top four, and apaprently they last forever.
    They are called implants. Why did she have it done? I am looking at that in the next few years because I have periodontal disease so bad that my teeth are loose. It sucks because my teeth are very nice. I have been told that by everyone who has worked on them and it sucks to feel them loose and shift. I have small gaps inbetween that I didn't have until I lost bone. They told me I shouldn't get bonding because the less work on them, the better off I will be to keep my teeth longer. They don't know why I have it this bad. It suck. All I can say is be glad to have your own teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Did you have bonding or veneers? I got my bonding done when I was 16, to fill a big gap between the two front teeth. All my other teeth were otherwise perfect. But the teeth looked fat and 20 years later they did look stained.
    But they didn't file my teeth down to put the bonding on...they just added to the tooth that was already there to fill the gap. That's why I asked if maybe you got veneers instead.
    Nope, I got bonding, but they filed my teeth down alot. The result looked very natural, for the first few days they looked weird because my gums had been pushed back so they looked big, but once my gums "dropped" or filled in after a few days they looked perfect. But then I was blessed because my dentist is absolutely incredible, and a perfectionist.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    They are called implants. Why did she have it done? I am looking at that in the next few years because I have periodontal disease so bad that my teeth are loose. It sucks because my teeth are very nice. I have been told that by everyone who has worked on them and it sucks to feel them loose and shift. I have small gaps inbetween that I didn't have until I lost bone. They told me I shouldn't get bonding because the less work on them, the better off I will be to keep my teeth longer. They don't know why I have it this bad. It suck. All I can say is be glad to have your own teeth.
    She got it done when she was 43, she's 47 now. She had broken front teeth all her life, when she was 12, her sister was threatening to lock her outside at night so she bolted for the door, tripped, and ended up going through it and breaking her teeth, and because her parents were poor, she could never fix it.

They look really good though, and i'd totally recommend it. I have teeth exactly like kate hudson if i had to give an example- two bigger front ones and the rest much smaller, and its not a 'PROBLEM' but when i see how great my mums teeth look because they are the same size i want that. I've got teeth envy now even though she says 'i wish i had my own teeth', but really, who cares, i guess i'm superficial that way- they're not 'real', but they look fantastic.

Elite Member

Well, I don't know how the permanent veneers are going to feel, but right now I have no feeling in my front top teeth. I expect that's how implants would be. If it stays like this it's going to take some gettiing used to.

It took my mum ages to get used to hers. Shes always complaining about how she wishes she had her own teeth though so i figure theres more to it than just the fact they look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Im wondering if bonding is the way to go for chipped/damaged teeth.. due to a medical issue when i was first born, i had antibiotics shoved into me that ruined the development of mine.

Right now they're jagged, crumbling, chipped, worn flat.. you name it. Is bonding usually done for that, or some other procedure? If so, is it purely cosmetic or (in my case, im guessing) would it be classified under structural..

We seem to have lots of lawyers in here.. where the fuck are the dentists!
    That's why I had bonding done on my front top teeth - you can't tell I had *any* work done because it blends so beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I don't know what you have done to help your gums naturally, but I would put up a fight! My gums are really healthy, because my DDS always stressed gum care (a lot don't) He would say warm salt water rinses and I added swishing with Glyoxcide(hydrogen peroxide and gylcerine) with his blessing to improve oxygen to the gums. He also said brush(with soft brissles) your gums just like your teeth. Anyhow ,now hubby is having the same trouble you are & he is working on his dilligently. Warm salt water is a natural antibiotic. You have to really stay on it, but it would be a cheaper better alternative if you can give it the old try! I have never had gum disease & don't want it!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information