Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Crest White Strips make my teeth hurt!!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

ppl brush too hard too~ i recently started brushing a lot softer than i used to and more gentle and light. I think it'll help my teeth in the long run.

I tried them and the did brighten my teeth alot. I have very sensitive teeth, but did not have any pain with the them.

Hi! I'm New Here!

Default Ouch.

Whitestrips hurt my teeth too. I asked my dentist about it and he said it's because teeth have tiny pores and it can irritate some people's teeth. He told me to use them less often. But it hurts everytime I use them. Here's a useful tip though. Peroxide that you can buy for about a dollar whitens your teeth. It's used in all kinds of whitening agents. And it's totally safe for your teeth. Just take about a capful of it and hold it in your mouth for 10 minutes. It doesn't work as dramatically as the whitestrips but it helps. And it doesn't hurt either. It tastes a little funny but it's not gross. It just gets all foamy. Bottles of peroxide even say in small print that they are used for mouth rinse and gargle.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ whoah i didnt know our teeth aren't solid! thats cool/wierd/scary

I tried aqua fresh white trays. I can't get through tthe damn box, cause they made my teeth hurt so bad. I couldn't eat, and every annoying sound just hurt my teeth like nails scraping on a chalkboard. I only used them twice, with 2 days in between. i like the peroxide idea. I'm goning to try that one.

I have a problem with teeth sensitivity when I bleach my teeth also, so my dentist wrote me a prescription for flouride (prevident gel) that way I can get my teeth really white without the pain.

Hi! I'm New Here!

My Dental Hygienist mentioned that if my teeth become sensitive from using the whitening strips then I should try rinsing with Fluororinse (Oral B). My teeth became very sensitive after using the Crest whitening strips a couple of times so I bought this stuff, which costs about $15 a bottle for the more concentrated "once a week" concentration. I have tried this a couple of times and it seems to help a bit. I also am trying to reduce the amount of times using the Crest white strips, as suggested in the directions if one's teeth become sensitive after using the strips. My Hygienist did say that the Crest Whitening Strips gave the best results of all the off-the-shelf whitening products.

I got the trays and gels from my dentist at a cost of around $400. It worked okay. I did not get the results I was hoping for though. I hated the taste of the gel. It was all I could do not to gag on the stuff.
    Last year I went to a place that had the light that is aimed at your mouth while you have the gel in a tray on. That worked very well. I also started drinking my tea and coffee with a straw. I use Arm & Hammer baking soda extra whitening toothpaste, and that stuff is awesome. I can go without using a whitener for months and that toothpaste really keeps my teef white!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby View Post
    Whitestrips hurt my teeth too. I asked my dentist about it and he said it's because teeth have tiny pores and it can irritate some people's teeth. He told me to use them less often. But it hurts everytime I use them. Here's a useful tip though. Peroxide that you can buy for about a dollar whitens your teeth. It's used in all kinds of whitening agents. And it's totally safe for your teeth. Just take about a capful of it and hold it in your mouth for 10 minutes. It doesn't work as dramatically as the whitestrips but it helps. And it doesn't hurt either. It tastes a little funny but it's not gross. It just gets all foamy. Bottles of peroxide even say in small print that they are used for mouth rinse and gargle.
    I use peroxide as a mouth rinse too, and my teeth are very white. I just add a bit to my regular mouth wash. I can't use tooth whitening strips because they make my teeth too sensitive, but peroxide doesn't hurt them a bit. I drink a lot of coffee and tea too, so the fact that my teeth are so white really is a testimony to the effectiveness of peroxide, I think so anyway.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Ahh.. I used the super mega 2 day Whitestrips once and it hurt to have air blown onto my teeth.. that's how sensitive they were. Yeah, you sure as hell whiten your teeth but it strips away a crap ton of enamel and irritates the surrounding gums I would imagine. I recommend the peroxide route, too.. so much less risky and whitens just as well.

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

^ and cheaper too! I bought a huge thing of peroxide for less then a dollar at the grocery store. Even if it doesn't work, it certainly doesn't cost much to try it.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information