Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crest White Strips make my teeth hurt!!

A*O

Default Re: Crest White Strips make my teeth hurt!!

I got the dentist trays/gel stuff too and it worked very well. Not painful, but not painless either. Maybe we just have to accept that unless we are heavy smokers/coffee drinkers/unlucky then having Hollywood Brite Wite teeth is unrealistic so don't waste your money? It think strobe-white teeth are creepy anyway.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Maybe A*O, but its not 'unrealistic'. My teeth have changed drastically with Crest White Strips. They make your teeth sensitive for a bit, but they definately work, and thats not just on me. I don't think its a waste of money either - a bright smile is a glorious thing to own, and can really boost your confidence.

A*O

That's fine if it hasn't cost you a fortune. My dentist deal was effective but very expensive for the results. Next time my teeth need a 'boost' I will get something 'off the shelf' at the supermarket.
    Dame Edna Everage

To be honest I think the supermarket stuff is often quite useless. They tend to make your gums look more red, so your teeth look whiter in comparison but after a few hours that effect will be gone, so in the long-term you might spend a lot, but with little result.

eBay is the way forward my friend!

A*O

So long as you know the product you want, eBay sounds good to me [dazzling smile]
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child
    I also have the custom trays from the Dentist and use the bleach from them. I only do this every now and then though. I have to stop as they get too white.

I have never used the crest strips though but have a friend that does and she complains that they hurt and don't work for her.
    Yes, the professional whitening gel works very fast, I love the results but the goo in the trays kinda leaks around and makes me nauseated sometimes. I can only tolerate leaving them in for 2 hours max. My dentist originally recommended wearing them over night! I'd look like Ross on friends! oops, that's actually the look now but still, scary. Plus my teeth would be so painful I couldn't talk.

I use the medium strength. It does really work great.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    For those who got the custom tooth whitening kit from the dentist, how much did that cost you? And others who had a whitening treatment at the dentist how much was that?
    I might want something like that for myself.
    I sometimes use one of those whitening toothpaste and that also does make my teeth sensitive.
    I needed a dentist when we moved so I saw an ad that had a coupon promoting my dentists (husband & wife). It was $500.00 for the trays and gel, I'll have to check how much the syringes (refills) are, I can't remember off my head. I think around $60. but 1 syringe for me lasts 3 treatments and there are 3 syringes in the case. It's called "Nite White" Excel. 22% carbamide peroxide gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    I am just goint to stay with the ovetr the counter..especially since I lost one of my teeth trays and they are too expensive to replace. and I can only afford(if at that) the generic OTC kinds now. Maybe I can just pay some homeless guy a couple dimes to suck my teeth clean and white!
    OMG! When I got mine, my dog got the whole case and chewed it! Luckily he only ruined the case and not the actual molds.

I use crest white strips with awesome results. I love how you only have to wear them for a short period of time too.
    I used to get the pain really bad too until I figured out that I have to wear the strips lower on my teeth so the gel doesn't get in contact with my gums. This means the lower parts of my teeth will be whiter than the parts closer to the gum, but overall it's white.
    So make sure when you put them on to not touch your gums!

^^They don't make my teeth sensitive and I put them on my gums. LOL. I hate too-bright teeth. They scream phony to me.

Let me say I drink coffee like mad and smoke and after two weeks of Crest white strips and Arm and Hammer Advance White Brilliant Sparkle I feel like Ross on Friends. I wish I had a before pic but I was considering zoom bleaching for hundreds of dollars. Yes I know I have a chip in my front tooth but that was from playing fooptball when I was 8.

I have to use them once every other day and the sensitivity is lessened. After using them and feeling sore you can rinse your mouth out with warm salt water. It relieves them. Also after each meal rinse your mouth with warm water to keep stains from occurring. Works for me!
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to meÖ.it only means the night is coming.

I will try that because my teeth can hurt for days afterwards. I follow the instructions and do the strips twice daily.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

if they make your teeth hurt then stop using them. you're only supposed to use them once a year anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    if they make your teeth hurt then stop using them. you're only supposed to use them once a year anyways.
    Once a year but twice a day for two weeks! Read the instructions.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

nah cut it down then to once a day. instructions are for sheep. be a shepard!

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

I used them as well.. and my teeth were very sensitive (and sometimes in pain). In the instructions, it says that can happen...and they recommend that you use them once a day (in case of sensitivity) Also, you shouldn't brush your teeth prior to using strips. However, I think it's worth a little pain- results are amazing!
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information