Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crest White Strips make my teeth hurt!!

Default Re: Crest White Strips make my teeth hurt!!

I am just goint to stay with the ovetr the counter..especially since I lost one of my teeth trays and they are too expensive to replace. and I can only afford(if at that) the generic OTC kinds now. Maybe I can just pay some homeless guy a couple dimes to suck my teeth clean and white!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Silver Member

TPhe other day I met someone who has the beautiful white teeth. I asked him how he gets his teeth so white and he said he gets whitening strips from his dentist. He said he used the kind you buy at the store but they didn't work that great but the kind he has now works super. They cost 30.00 here but don't know if thats what they would cost other places and don't know if every dentist would have them.

SVZ

i think dentists have access to a higher potency grade of crest whitestrips which they can sell

^ Yeah, Whitestrips Professional and there's a Whitestrips Supreme available through dentists only too. My mom used them for awhile.

I'll trust the whitening products as long as dentists keep using them (and we have lots of family friends that are dentists b/c of my mom's work and she used to be a hygienist). When they stop, then I'll get worried.

Also not sure if this is a good idea but another friend of mine buys the bleach from the Dentist and uses a plain mouthguard you use for sports etc. She swears it works the same and bleaches out the mild stains. I would of thought that you would not get an all over bleach but she swears she does.

So go figure!

Also you can buy the bleach (dentist strength) from Ebay US. When my friend showed me the link, the seller seemed to have pretty good feedback. But I have yet to buy bleach over the web and from overseas!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I don't think I can afford the custom made tray...I'll just stick with the OTC whitening strips.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Elite Member

I just had the trays done and it was $345 and came with a lot of the gel whitening stuff. The hygenist told me gel refills are $28. It makes my teeth hurt too, I am only using it every other night. I have been through almost 2 of 6 tubes (one tube is about 3 applications), and I can only tell a slight difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child
    Also you can buy the bleach (dentist strength) from Ebay US. When my friend showed me the link, the seller seemed to have pretty good feedback. But I have yet to buy bleach over the web and from overseas!
    That's where I get mine from - eBay US and eBay UK.

Silver Member

I got tray from my dentist and they were $300 each, inc. syringes to whiten. Theyare for sensitive teeth but still hurt me. I use Sensodyne all the time and it takes me about 2 months to use a 7 day Crest Strip box. Last time I did it it felt like I was being stabbed in my teeth!

You can buy the Supreme whitestrips online at: http://www.dentist.net/crestwhitestripssupreme.asp

they are 44.98 not much more than the premium strips out now for more mature teeth.

SVZ

The ones for mature teeth do you mean crest rejuvenation or renewal? whatever they're called?

thanks for the link!

yeah those, that claim to take off 20 years in 10 days or whatever.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

What's the difference between the rejuvination one and the premium strips?

I also wonder about colgate luminous like how is it different from other whitening toothpastes. Does the luminous paste make your teeth shiny?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom
    I just had the trays done and it was $345 and came with a lot of the gel whitening stuff. The hygenist told me gel refills are $28. It makes my teeth hurt too, I am only using it every other night. I have been through almost 2 of 6 tubes (one tube is about 3 applications), and I can only tell a slight difference.
    I have the dentist made trays too, which cost about £250 I think. I found that I needed to make sure I was putting enough gel in them to make it really have an effect - my dentist told me to use about 3/4 of a tube each time, and it worked really well when I did, I have been very pleased. But it makes my teeth hurt like fuck for a few days. I want to brighten them up again now (they do fade again over time), but haven't mustered up the courage just yet for the few days of discomfort.

The other thing I found was that the stuff on Ebay all had a much higher percentage of peroxide in it than the stuff my dentist gave me, so I decided not to get it.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by flecjill
    You can buy the Supreme whitestrips online at: http://www.dentist.net/crestwhitestripssupreme.asp

they are 44.98 not much more than the premium strips out now for more mature teeth.
    Is that american dollars? You may as well just get them off eBay. They are so much cheaper, more like 20-30 dollars!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information