Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Could You Take A Three-Minute Shower?

^ Ditto. The only water I've invested into a "lawn" was when caring for brand-new plants so they wouldn't die on me before getting established. I had ripped out the entire lawn and replaced it with really low-maintenance ground cover and some decorative plants, to save water (and eliminate mowing) in the long run, but of course they needed some good drenchings off the get-go.

I can shower very quickly, though shaving and conditioning adds a little time. I don't do those things every shower though. My washing machine is a high-efficiency front-loader and apparently uses very little water. I don't have a dishwasher, though I'm honestly not all that efficient at saving water while hand-washing; I'd probably be better off if I did have a good efficient dishwasher.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I could if I didn't have to shave.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Easily, I don't see the point of washing the same parts over and over and over. Now I could sit in a bathtub for an hour easily

I use an Epilady so don't need to shave, but I could easily shampoo/condition and lather up with shower gel and rinse in under 3 minutes. My skin hates long showers anyway - I have to use Alpha Keri oil straight after or I feel dry and itchy, and the longer and hotter the shower, the worse for my skin.

On the days I don't shave my legs, I'm in and out in less than 5. When I shave I do turn the water off while I'm shaving so it's not just pouring down the drain.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't shave anymore, but it would be pushing it to get in and out in three minutes, I could do five though.

Three minutes is plenty of time for me. I just can't understand what my husband does in the shower - he's in there for 15 minutes at least!

I just shampoo, rinse, condition, soap the body, rinse. Done.

I get bored, so I don't linger. I can spend more time in the bath but I'm just not a fan of standing under the water. I'm wash/rinse/get out.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

i could. but i don't want to.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    Three minutes is plenty of time for me. I just can't understand what my husband does in the shower - he's in there for 15 minutes at least!

I just shampoo, rinse, condition, soap the body, rinse. Done.
    Oh come on, he does what ALL guys do in the shower
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I can't take 3 minutes. I like to wash my ass crack, cock and balls really well.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

^^

I'm in there for 3 minutes. I know this because our helpful government issued us with a sand timer thingie.

Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I need 3 minutes just to scrub elbows.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    We have to save water because of the drought. 3 minutes is PLENTY of time. Rinse hair/body, shampoo (leave in), body soap top to bottom, rinse hair/body. Walla.
    You must be one of those people who don't have fast-growing hair to deal with. I remember a comment you made a while back about how everyone should deal with hair removal. I started to say something & didn't, but the thing is, waxing/shaving has different results for different people and what works for you ain't gonna work for me. I have to shave my legs every day. Every single DAY. Waxing is expensive, painful and doesn't last a week on me. Yes, I'm a monkey. But my point is that your above scenario won't work for me unless I turn off the water while I shave.

I also condition my hair. Why would you leave in the shampoo? Does that help clean or do you use a shampoo with conditioner in it?

Also, are you saying "walla" just to piss Grimm off? Inquiring minds want to know.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Best I can do is 10 minutes if I don't have to wash my hair or shave (laser hair removal has been a godsend, can I just say that?) I can't do a good job in 3 minutes. That's not even enough time to lather up and get all the shampoo out of my hair, never mind conditioner or the rest of me. I could see it with a man, or a woman with short hair who doesn't shave or condition their hair, sure that could work. 3 minutes is better than nothing, it will certainly be the bare minimum to get the job done but I still think things might not be as clean as they could be, know whaddimean? I mean, nooks and crannies aren't exactly gonna be *snarfle-ready* and lawd baby knows that's what I always aim for...

Oh, also, remember that hand-washing thread, how you're supposed to lather hands with soap for at least 20 seconds to effectively kill germs? Yeah, 3 minutes would be cutting that real close. Not impossible, by any means, but still. I wouldn't snarfle...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information