Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone recommend an eyeliner?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh I am going to have to try this. I am a waterline eyeliner freak. Been using pencil for years. I have to apply it like 4 times a day (when I wear it, which is not every day).

^^ Seriously, the day I tried liquid on my waterline was the best day of my life. Try it, you'll never go back.
    2 years...

Hit By Ban Bus!

OMG! I am excited now. I didn't think they made anything like this yet. I'm behind the times. Haven't been paying attention. I tried the non-waterproof stuff years ago and it was a disaster of course.

Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner is very good, and I bet it is waterproof, because it absolutely does not budge. It's a lot like the MAC eyeliner, I believe. You use a brush and you stick it in a pot. And you're right, Nawdle, once you use this kind of eyeliner you'll never go back. I don't think pencil is that effective. Gel eyeliner or liquid eyeliner gives me the hugest, most Diana Ross-type doe eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Hi xoxo, for awhile I thought you were MY daughter!

I'll be watching this because even though I'm not your mom, I am definitely interested in something that doesn't smear!! I use crayon and have to refresh it all day long. Only thing that has worked so far.
    I used a brand called Prestige.
    It stays on all day & I rub with my eyes & mess with my face all day.
    I'm still wearing it when I get home!
    Because it's cheap I've got grey, purple, green, and navy blue! Oh and white, but I'm still working out how to use that one!

The applicator is a cross between a felt-tip pen and a stick & it goes on great! I'd not used eyeliner for years when I bought this & I have no problem applying it.

And I'm not allergic to it.... what more could a girl want?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

^^^
    The drugstore I always go to (London Drugs on Robson ) carries that brand. I'll have to try it, nice and cheap and I spent almost $30 on one from Lancome! Argh. Wish you posted this before I spent like $90 total at the Lancome counter!

Nawdle, I was talking about the waterline right by the eye. Is liquid liner safe for that area?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    ^^^
    The drugstore I always go to (London Drugs on Robson ) carries that brand. I'll have to try it, nice and cheap and I spent almost $30 on one from Lancome! Argh. Wish you posted this before I spent like $90 total at the Lancome counter!
    I'm really really sorry! I've only just scrolled down far enough to actually read these headers on my laptop screen!

I like Prestige eyeliner too. I use a grey kohl pencil from them. I recently tried the new line from Max Factor, and their eyeliner is surprisingly good. I have the dark green color, and it gives a really nice, soft smoky eye. Kind of like the Catherine Zeta-Jones look. The green defines well but it's also a nice change from grey or brown.

Elite Member

oh cool, i really appreciate all the suggestions guys..i am going to check out some of these..i didn't know abt. gel eye-liner..

Hit By Ban Bus!

Is liquid liner safe for that area?
    They always try to tell us that, but I haven't heard it in awhile, and I think this thread is an indication that perhaps the issue has been dealt with (whatever it is). I sure hope so.

Nawdle, I was talking about the waterline right by the eye. Is liquid liner safe for that area?
    Weeell, I've spoken to a few makeup artists, and they say that they're not supposed to do it on customers, because there's a risk or irritation (if the person has very sensitive eyes) or infection (if the brushes are dirty or the liner's been contaminated), but I've been doing it for close to two years now, and I haven't experienced any kind of trouble whatsoever. I do recommend you keep your brush very, very clean if you're going to try this though (I clean mine every week; and right after use if I'm using it on someone else).
    Last edited by NawdleZouss; January 12th, 2007 at 07:05 PM.
    2 years...

I want to try the Prestige eyeliner now. I've been wanting to try purple eyeliner, and I would rather experiment with an inexpensive brand. I wonder what kind of eyeshadow I should wear with purple eyeliner?

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    I want to try the Prestige eyeliner now. I've been wanting to try purple eyeliner, and I would rather experiment with an inexpensive brand. I wonder what kind of eyeshadow I should wear with purple eyeliner?
    I wear a slightly pinky taupe colour - I'm very pale skinned with blue eyes & very dark hair, so it's kind of slightly darker than my skin tone and highlighter on my eyelids.
    (however I have NO fashion sense.....)

That's actually close to what I was thinking of. Maybe sort of a beige or neutral color, because the purple eyeliner is pretty dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    That's actually close to what I was thinking of. Maybe sort of a beige or neutral color, because the purple eyeliner is pretty dramatic.
    That's exactly what I do, a slightly shimmery beige or neutral color with a purple liner. It has a really nice effect if you blend the liner, so there's a sheer wash of purple the blends with the beige.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information