Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone recommend an eyeliner?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Yea i think the eyeliner was worth the money...it was $28 (CAN excluding taxes) and is good quality. The lipliner is a nice mauve colour, I really liked the shade. Lip gloss (clear coat...it's not even tinted), I totally got suckered and I didn't need it.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I need some decent eye liner too....always runs/smudges. I'll be looking at Lancome and MAC too. Cool..

I just stay away from those makeup counters and special offers because I have a LOT of stuff that I haven't even used yet. But the Bobbi Brown gel liner appeals, plus, I love their Warm Apricot lipstick and I'm nearly out. I feel a trip to Holt Renfrew coming on...it's the only place you can get her stuff in Vancouver. Of course, I am not allowed to wander freely in the store; to that counter and back only. lol

I've been gravitating towards MAC and Bobbi Brown of late. They never have special offers, but at least I just buy what I want, and don't end up with a bunch of crap I don't need.

^^Exactly. I use MAC, too, but not as much as before. It's insane to spend $30 or more on a product you don't need, to get a bunch of samples you never use. I give most of them away, but now that I've stopped the impulse purchases, I'm being forced to use the ones I've kept.

I quit waiting for Clinique to do free gifts before buying. I always end up with that dreadful yellow moisturizer that I can't believe anyone uses.

I also use a plum/purplely eyeliner a lot.
    Last edited by Laurent; November 12th, 2006 at 01:41 PM.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

At one point I had about 20 bottles of that moisturizer, lol.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I like MAC's makeup peeps, cuz they do funky stuff. The lady at Lancome did my makeup very natural, it was good but I would have liked more spunk.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Elite Member

Default Waterproof eyeliner

hi everyone..my mom is on a quest for waterproof eyeliner?
    she asked me the other day so i thought i'd post, she's looking for something that doesn't run and actually stays for several hours.
    anyone have any waterproof brands they swear by?
    thought i'd see if anyone had suggestions.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hi xoxo, for awhile I thought you were MY daughter!

I'll be watching this because even though I'm not your mom, I am definitely interested in something that doesn't smear!! I use crayon and have to refresh it all day long. Only thing that has worked so far.

Urban Decay apparently has a good one. Unfortunately, they don't sell their products in Canada any more.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Hi xoxo, for awhile I thought you were MY daughter!
    lol really?
    i'm 32, you're prolly way too young to be my mom haha

but my mom really does want this waterproof eyeliner lol
    hers always comes off and she is not cool with that haha

I was reading the other day that smudgeproof is better for the lashes than waterproof but who knows really?

Someone put me onto Maybelline XXL Volume and Length brown mascara and so far so good.

But that still won't help your Mum as she wants waterproof. Sorry I am no help!

I really like MAC fluidlines. They come in little glass pots and are applied using an angle brush. They have great staying power too, which is always a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I want to try and line the bottom eye lid (like close to the inside of the eye lid, you know what I'm talking about?) for that smokey eye effect but the eyeliners (pencil) I've tried kinda melt off there after a short while.

Does anyone know a good brand? Looking for a long lasting, water proof (if there is such) eyeliner.

And also, do you prefer liquid to pencil?
    Are you referring to the waterline or the lashline? Waterline is the innermost rim, right next to the eye; lashline is, well, around the lashes (and is probably safer and easier to line).

I agree with Pacific, Urban Decay makes a great waterproof eyeliner that you can smudge around a bit and lasts forever. If not, I'd go for Dior (also waterproof, can't remember the name).

I love, love, love liquid eyeliner, I don't even own any black pencil eyeliner anymore, and it stays forever if you can manage to get it on the waterline. My favorite so far is MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (I'm dying for the other colors, though), applied with a little liner brush. Most people like angled brushes for this, but it kinda gets in my way, if you know what I mean. Aaaanyway, I'm a liner freak; I love bold, colorful, geometric designs, and you just can't get that with a pencil.
    2 years...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information