Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brown Now Most Popular Hair Dye

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Re: Brown Now Most Popular Hair Dye

I think men that really love you like you and want you natural. I was talking to my hubby asking him if he'd buy me bigger boobs, nose job, eye lift etc etc and he didn't want me to change anything on my body or face. He's also told me he likes my hair black.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Thats true Moomies, If I say I want to lose a few pounds he says he wouldn't want a stick for a girlfriend. The odd thing was when he suggested the dark hair with purple tinge, I went to pick him up at his local pub and the new barmaid had shock ..... Dark hair with a purple tinge! Hmm....

He musta been a little drunk It's fun to change hair colour though! I personally like reds and purples. I just bought some hair dye in the colour of blackcurrent. My hair's been tinted blue so it was actually jet black (my natural colour is reddish/brownish black, yes black comes in all sorts of tones!) But it started fading at my roots blue really doesn't stay in your hair so long. Looking forward to colouring it purple soon

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

^^ thats similar to what he was suggesting to me. I do think it's a lovely colour but it'd be a shock to the system if I suddenly changed to it. I like those colours that you can see the hint of purple or red under a light or in the sun. Who knows I might join you one day.

I think it has something to do with the fact that the likes of Paris give blondes a bad name!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I'm sorry, but if you color your hair out of a box you're fucking ghetto. Get thee to a salon!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by tiki
    I had my hair dyed Cherrie-Cola and loved it but it fades sooooooooo fast. I am going tomorrow to have blone/honey highlights added to my naturally dark blonde hair. I am sick of my mary Kate color hair!
    My stylist tried to do something similar (a bit lighter) and it faded too. For some reason, even though I was born with strawberry blonde hair, I can't keep red tones in it now to save my life. It's like I'm stuck in a blonde bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    I'm sorry, but if you color your hair out of a box you're fucking ghetto. Get thee to a salon!
    Well Excuuuuse-me Mr Nicky Clarke. Jeez! I don't give two hoots what you think

SVZ

i color my hair black out of the box, though it doesn't take much skill to go from brown to black

I'm sorry SVZ, it appears you and I are both Ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    I have the opposite problem. I can't the red fricking OUT of my hair! I have had it colored three times since I had it red and i always ask them to get rid of the red. It always looks like they have succeeded for a few days and then the red creeps back in.
    I have never died my hair (apart from the odd home made DIY blonde streak made with the left overs of my mum's hair dye that actually was more of a gingery brown than anything, but we won't go into that!!!) but I've always had a natural red tint in my hair that you can olny see in certain lights, I hated it when I was younger coz I was scared I might be half ginger but I like really it now!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Don't worry Tenaj, I'm about 50% ghetto. Sometimes I'll do it myself from the box, sometimes I want something more complicated and let the salon do it.

Gold Member

I love brown hair!! It's really popular right now. Dyed bleach blond hair is so out of style and makes women look old. Even natural blondes are adding lowlights. It warms up the skin. Red is huge too, looks beautiful with brown, mixed in the color or as highlights.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Gold Member

Not ghetto, Grimm. On a budget, there's a difference.

When my hair is short, I can do it myself with the box. I did it Saturday and realized it is now to the point where I'll have to have my Mom do it for me with the stuff from Sally's, it's going to take at least 2 bottles of color from here on out, ugh.

I colored my hair for the first time in 11th grade, I did Red Ginger which kind of had the purplish tone to it for a bit and then faded out to a lighter red, almost like I had highlights. Ever since then, any color I do, it comes out with a red to it. I just used Revlon's High Dimension #51, Medium Cool Brown. It comes out dark brown, with red. I did my brows this time and was kind nervous. I'm fair skinned but I have a lot of pink in my cheeks so I don't look pale but it does make me a bit lighter looking.

Here's a link to one person's experience with hair coloring. It was kind of funny. http://www.singularexistence.com/red.html
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

I'm fricking poor, damn it!! You can take me to Toronto's best hair salon and it'll be your treat!

Plus it's fun, girls like this kinda stuff, I used to colour my roomate's hair and she'd do mine. We chemically straightened each other's hair, too. It's almost like playing hairdressers. (p.s. my mom is also a hairdresser).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information