Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Botox, Restylane, Juvederm

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    wow i'm so sorry to hear about your tragic year!

so thank you so much for sharing that story though - personal experiences is the best to learn from and those are some good tips to leave me with too! I cant wait to try it for myself as well but it also bothers me when ppl look at pics of me from a few years ago and tell me i looked so much better back then b/c my face is thinner and eyes deeper set bla bla bla so sounds like a good xmas present for myself

Yes it will be, as long as you really want to do it for yourself above all. Because it's not like people will suddenly go "wow" over you... most will think that you just had some good vacations and look happy and rested. So many won't even comment. But if other people's comments (or lack of negative comments!) is not the main issue but a nice consequence, and that the main reason why is to see yourself in the mirror and feel younger, then, go for it. To me, what was really really nice and is really nice is that, in a way, the difference it made makes me now say, in front of the mirror: "Ha!! Life can be tough, but I can be tougher and come out of bad things better than ever!". I am all for our wrinkles and faces showing what we have lived.. as long as that that we show is "what we have earned". The pains and joys that we earned through and by our decisions, attitudes, etc. all along life. It's different, though, when you suddenly see you aged out of something you didn't like, didn't choose and/or makes you feel like x year in your life (or many years in your life) were wasted in basically suffering not living, but surviving. Then, looking at the mirror and seeing oneself looking so much worse it's like a sad reminder that life has beaten you bad, even if you already overcame your issues. Then again, if you have done something and look better (it could be a new makeup, for some people, or a new hairstyle... it really depends, in me, for me, it was gaining some weight what I needed... and since I can't command my face to put on weight... this helped), you get this empowring feeling that what you went through made you stronger and wiser and older in wisdom, but not in years. It makes you FEEL younger and energetic, which is what really makes you glow, regardless of how much improvement there was.
    Whenever you feel like going ahead, PM me. I can tell you of "tricks" on filling that the doc I found was nice to explain to me. It can make people get better results with less need of filling, that sort of thing. This doc I like the most is very much into people not going for drastic changes nor the scalpel, and instead going for small things that make all the difference, like filling areas in a way that creates not just an actual filling but some optical illusions that make you look younger. She really made my eyes look wider apart and my nose smaller by using those tricks!
    Just PM when and if you want to know more of my own experience.
    Hugs and good luck. Hope you gain weight in your face without the need of filling, anyway . But if you still need them, because of having my problem of never gainging weight in the face, I am here .

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

ok cool! optical illusions are a superb way to help create beauty! I can't freakin' wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryagain2 View Post
    What a difference it has made!!! People don't even realize I had anything done, because it's not like I have modified my face, just filled it up again and then a bit more than in my "before". People think and say: "Oh you look healthy again, you look rested, you glow"... anyway, it's not what the others say that makes the difference to me, but looking at myself on the mirror and seeing a more rested face, which in turn makes me feel healthier, younger and that "shows".
    Where specifically did you have it injected? How close to your eyes? Anything around your mouth?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    Where specifically did you have it injected? How close to your eyes? Anything around your mouth?
    I had it injected under my eyes (in the undereye area), that was looking "sunken" and creating the effect of dark circles. It filled it, taking away the shadow that made me look as if I had dark circles.
    Also in between the eyes, right on top of my nose, because my face had gotten so thin that the smal bump in the top of my nose had becme noticeable. The filler was put right above, creating a smooth line in the nose, making the bump "disappear" .
    Around the mouth, in the linesfrom the nose to the mouth, not that I had noticeable lines there, but putting filler from those lines "up" and to the sides filled in my lower cheeks. Nothing dramatic, the amount of filler that was used was the minimal possible to get that effect. It did not look as if I had "filled up" but instead gained some healthy weight in my face. I looked like "me", just before losing that facial fat.

^ OMG they do that?!!!! Thats what I've been fantasizing about for sooooo long but I didn't know it was possible to get it injected under your eyes! damn, I need to get on this right away! What substance did you get put under your eyes? and about how much and what was the price? Thanks!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ OMG they do that?!!!! Thats what I've been fantasizing about for sooooo long but I didn't know it was possible to get it injected under your eyes! damn, I need to get on this right away! What substance did you get put under your eyes? and about how much and what was the price? Thanks!
    Yes They do that! Just make sur you find a good doc, with experience in doing this same thing. BTW, a good doc won't inject anything too close to the eye (because there is a slight risk of touching some optic nerve ) , but instead inject the filler closer to this "sort of line" we have between our undereye skin and our cheeks. They inject there, with the syringue pointing in a way so they fill the area from that point up, so the hyaluronic fills the area as if it filled a socket, but not from a point of injection too close to the lower eyelash line.
    Usually the doc injects thefiller in 3 points and then massages the area to distribute evenly the filler. (Unless he tells you to and how to, let him or her do that, do not rub your undereye area for the rest of th day, to not make the filler go somewhere else).

The nice part about this is that as the area fills, is no logner sunken, and so on the fine lines are erased (only because the area is plumped) and the light does not longer have a crease to create a shadow with: that's how it looks like you no longer have undereye circles. But beware, it really looks wonderful if well done, butit can create bags under the eyes or look weird if injected by someone with little experience.
    Good docs will usually not use too much filler, they prefer to undercorrect than to over correct. They ask you anyway to visit them about one week later and then they can tell for sure how the filler ended up looking and whether or not you ned a touch up (a bit more everywhere or in a particular spot in the undereye area).

Also, try to get that done before a weekend or during some vacations. Good docs inject the area and are skilled to not pinch a little blood vessel, which creates a bruise and makes it look as if you had been punched in the area. Again, good docs are very careful and try to see where your veins are so they do not "touch" them. Even good docs might hit a small vessel if your skin happens to be rather dark and not "show" the veins underneath well (on the upside, if you have little fat there now and undereye circles, your skin probably is quite "see through"), that's why you'd feel or be safer if you get the procedure done and do not have to go to work the next day.
    One doc never left me a bruise, another did everything too fast and left me with a bruise that took long to go and made me spend the following week hiding the bruise with concealers and trying to not be seen by people at work, since the concealer would not totally conceal it. Agh.
    You should not take aspirin or vitamin B supplements the days before, that helps with not getting bruises or at least not having them big IF the doc hits a vein. If you get one, you can use an arnica ointment so it goes away faster.
    If everything goes well, you'll end up only a bit swollen (nothing terrible), and you can put ice on the area (with a cloth in the middle, to not burn your skin) and if you don't get a bruise (hopefully not) you might still see the tiny red dot of where the doc put the needle... but trust me, that is not visible to anyone else but you.

The costs vary a lot... depends ont he filler, the doc, etc.
    My doc gave me the rx and I bought myself the filler from the laboratory (so I knew it was the original product). Mine was not Restylane, but its German version, but it's basically the same. I think Resty is a bit more expensive, the one I bought would cost 110 a syringue. I bought 2, and used almsot 2 TOTAL (2ml) for everything in my face. You probably would need only half a syringue for the undereye area, you could use the rest to fill up other area, and if you have a remaining, the doc will keep it inthe fridge for touch-ups or some other filling (in another area) in the future, although it's best to not wait too much between applications. My doc wanted me to know that he was not using my syringue in someone else, so he gave me the syringue with unused filler with one of those ice packs, so I would keep it cool until getting home and putting it on the fridge. Usually nothing bad happensif you leave it out in the air for a couple of hours, but he thinks it's always best to exaggerate with precautions than the other way around. He also put a date on the box of the syringue and his signature, so I could keep the box and have it with me in case some day for some reason I would need to tell someoe what exactly I had injected and when. (He told me some people come to his office and had had injectiosn before, but don't even know exactly when and of what, he does not take in those patients).
    Anyway, you'd buy probably one syringue only or be charge for one, or half, that would mean around 60/110 dollars of the product itself and about 40/60 for the appointment/application/follow-up (the follow-up and touch-ups are included). I don't live in the US, it could be cheaper or more epxensive there, but I assume you'd still spend around 200 dollars total...

Important: ask docs for before and after pics, not all docs get this right. Just to be on the safer side, ask him or her if he/she has hyaluronidase. That's an enzyme that dissolves the hyaluronic and it's thet way to reverse damage IF the doc had made a poor job and you ended up with something looking like underye bags or a bump. Injected in the spot, that enzyme will destroy the hyaluronic (and the doc should not charge you for correcting you better later, again, OR returning youi the money). I never had that problem, but I know people who did and you must be certain that your doc can do damage-control if something looks wrong.

AWESOME! I WILL DO THAT! im printing out your response as we speak its a lot of info i need to hold onto!

Hit By Ban Bus!

if you are going to get botox then ask for the botox benefits card from the doctors office - it will save you $25-$75 off of subsequent visits.

www.botoxcosmeticcard.com

You guys are going to yell at me for this one... But I am 25 and I have been getting Botox since I was.. 23.

I have a similar story to Mystery. Had some really traumatic years, and it showed up on my face. Pretty much, I walked around with a scowl or a depressed face on for years and at 21, I had a huge, bright-red J-shaped scar / wrinkle in-between my eyes and a huge furrow across my brow. It really got to me: I looked in the mirror and wanted to play up my eyes ( my best feature) but all I'd see was this ugly red wrinkle / scar from scowling. It looked like the scar from Harry Potter. And I felt I looked older than 21, and I hated that my life had been a mess and it showed on my face for all the world to see.

So I went in for Botox, and I had it done at first just between my eyes, and I cannot even tell you what a frickin miracle it was. It was ME again in the mirror. I really consider this one of this special-case self-esteem things. you know?

The next time I got my whole forehead done, and between my eyes, and it was just perfect. I was really ME again. No more furrow or Harry Potter scar. I looked my age, and felt normal again. I always think, my life may be a mess, it may be falling apart, but I dont have to look like it, yknow?

I think it costs me $480 for both locations. I'm not all 'up' on it, so I have no idea how many vials or whatever I need. And it lasts me anywhere from 4-6 months. But the benefit of getting it done is that over time, it weakens the muscles altogether and the wrinkles are less prominent than they were to begin with, even after the Botox wears off.

I love Botox. I used to keep it a secret, but now I"ll share it with anyone because it really has helped my self-esteem SO much.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    You guys are going to yell at me for this one... But I am 25 and I have been getting Botox since I was.. 23.

I have a similar story to Mystery. Had some really traumatic years, and it showed up on my face. Pretty much, I walked around with a scowl or a depressed face on for years and at 21, I had a huge, bright-red J-shaped scar / wrinkle in-between my eyes and a huge furrow across my brow. It really got to me: I looked in the mirror and wanted to play up my eyes ( my best feature) but all I'd see was this ugly red wrinkle / scar from scowling. It looked like the scar from Harry Potter. And I felt I looked older than 21, and I hated that my life had been a mess and it showed on my face for all the world to see.

So I went in for Botox, and I had it done at first just between my eyes, and I cannot even tell you what a frickin miracle it was. It was ME again in the mirror. I really consider this one of this special-case self-esteem things. you know?

The next time I got my whole forehead done, and between my eyes, and it was just perfect. I was really ME again. No more furrow or Harry Potter scar. I looked my age, and felt normal again. I always think, my life may be a mess, it may be falling apart, but I dont have to look like it, yknow?

I think it costs me $480 for both locations. I'm not all 'up' on it, so I have no idea how many vials or whatever I need. And it lasts me anywhere from 4-6 months. But the benefit of getting it done is that over time, it weakens the muscles altogether and the wrinkles are less prominent than they were to begin with, even after the Botox wears off.

I love Botox. I used to keep it a secret, but now I"ll share it with anyone because it really has helped my self-esteem SO much.
    I am "older" than you (34 going on 35, started botox at almost 34) but I won't say a thing about your starting at 23. Normally I would find that too young, but I totally relate to your story and yes, sometimes some events age us in a way they should not, in a way that's not "fair" because it's not about the normal ageing and the normal ups and downs of life leavng traces in your face, but about some shitty events that should have never happened and whichs memory only upset us and kind of hinders our moving on (and seeing lines or a way thinner, sick looking face out of it does not help one bit!). I have not used as much botox as fillers, but I understand your situation and I am very happy you did something to restore your sense of "I am still me, no matter what crap I've face, ha! see, I have not changed, "you" / "that" didn't destroy who I was". It's not about freaking over getting older, it's about getting older with dignity, and if something in your face screams anything BUT dignity, I say, go ahead, girl!
    Yes, the docs all have told me the same. The more you get botox before it has totally worn off and that you've gotten the lines as they were again, the less severe they will come back. It does not stop them, but it makes botox lasts longer the other times around. I still have to see that, only had two sets of botox and in two spots only.
    Hope your life is looking up !
    Sometimes the cosmetic surgery world is a freaky thing that make us neurotics and make us loose the sense of reality or even put our life in danger... but sometimes it is a blessing that encourages us to regain a shaken self-esteem, to regain a healthy view of ourselves or plain feel better to go on with our lives... without being neurotic about beauty. Just happy to be ourselves back again. So I get what you did and I am glad you tried it, even though you are so young, I think in your case it was definitely worth the try and am all happy for anyone who has the guts to do and reserach whatever it takes (among the non dangerous things) to get back on track with life and live a more positive life. Go girl!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jass View Post
    if you are going to get botox then ask for the botox benefits card from the doctors office - it will save you $25-$75 off of subsequent visits.

www.botoxcosmeticcard.com
    yes i will do that! and i dont judge like that calimoon, i judge celebrities harshly but not my friends on here if you need it/want it then get it I say! and im sure w/ a little botox you're not going to look like a freak; if you'd have gotten an eye brow lift at 23 then yeah, i'd say you prolly look like a freak but thanks for sharing your story!!!

smf

thanks for all the info ladys ,i cant believe a 23 yr old needs botox ,but you say it made you feel better about yourself so thats good ,i was curious about prices cas i only have so much on credit card ,i may have something done next year ,i also have that line inbetween my eyes and it drives me crazy

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by smf View Post
    thanks for all the info ladys ,i cant believe a 23 yr old needs botox ,but you say it made you feel better about yourself so thats good ,i was curious about prices cas i only have so much on credit card ,i may have something done next year ,i also have that line inbetween my eyes and it drives me crazy
    It depends a lot on where you live, on the specific doc but also on how much botox you need (how many injection sites and/or concentration of it, since the deeper the line, the more units of botox a person needs in that injection site).
    Ifyou have only that line between your eyes (the "frown/angry" line) and not others or at least not others that you care to go away, and if you are young and that that line is nt too deep (as in very marked and indented) I doubt you'll need mor than 20 units, say, and so, where I live, that would cost around 60/120 dollars.

The only thing Ashlee Simpson and I have in common:

whatevs. I really needed it! She's just crazy.

I am 38 and just had botox.
    While I did have a happy life when I was younger (maybe I smiled too much?) I had lines in my head and frown line when I was a teenager - I think it is just bad genes. I also have a line on my chin that I am now thinking of getting done. Make-up creases in it all the time. Also I used to get bad headaches - not sure if that contributed.

Any-way I am at day 3 and I look much better. Still have some lines but it takes 10 days for the full effect.

I live in singapore the cost was $350 for 1 zone, 600 for 2 and 800 for 2 areas. I got three areas done (6 injections in each.)

The eyes are one zone and fairly painless. The frown line area is 6 injections, and the forehead is 6 injections. The forhead and the frown area were a bit more painful, the injection is in for less than 4 seconds. I have a needle phobia - so it was a little stressful for me.

If i get brave - i will post some before and after pics after the 10 days is up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information