Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birth Control and Acne

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingEventually View Post
    21, dear.

And didn't you know dear was a patronizing word?
    it was meant to be patronizing.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    it was meant to be patronizing.
    Ditto.
    WHAT`S THiiS GAME?
    BABii ii WANT T0 PLAii
    [
    está bella traición que mato mi ilusion]

I used diane-35 for acne and have continued to use it. I did notice an increase in my breast size too - at least a full cup size! It has worked very well for my acne and overall complexion, but it's not recommended for long term use.
    ssabmud

diane 35 makes most girls gain tons of weight
    i would use a lower hormone one like tri cyclen lo or alesse

i would never take diane, its known as the BC pill that makes you gain weight, ew.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingEventually View Post
    And tell my mom that her 15 year old angel (in her eyes) is thinking of having sex with 21 year olds? I don't think so.

all i can think of is the episode of Dateline to catch a predator that i watched last night...that is beyond illegal. I applaud you for being proactive about contraception but jesus, 21 years old? what is happening to kids these days. I didnt even think about sex when i was 15 years old.

I will just go ahead and share my thoughts on the comment about sex with a 21 year old (hasn't he also been referred to as 22?). Besides the fact that it's illegal, I find it perverse.

I am 22, and I can tell you that no NORMAL 21 or 22 year old male is interested in having sex with a 15 year old girl.

Silver Member

I'd consider a low dose birth control pill before anything as heavy as Diane. I was on that for polycystic ovarian syndrome before I had my daughter, and I eventually had to get off it because the side effects were too much for me. I was on Mircette for quite a while and it didn't cause any weight gain and helped clear up my skin. I've known some women who've loved Yaz and others who hated it. I have another friend who did really well on Ortho Tricyclen. She was looking for something to help with acne and would be enough of a hormone dose to keep her from having an unwanted pregnancy without many side effects.

A couple of things about BC pills that you may or may not know...antibiotics can compromise their effectiveness, so if you become sexually active you'll need to use a back up method of contraception any time you're prescribed antibiotics. Try to take it at the same time every day for optimum effectiveness. If you miss one, take it as soon as you remember and then continue on with your usual pill-taking schedule. Most pills come with an instruction packet that will let you know what to do in case you miss more than one pill. Also, I don't know if you smoke but, in case you do, that's something you need to tell the doctor because smoking + certain birth control pills can be really bad for you. Sometimes you have a bit of trial and error while you figure out which brand of BC pills is best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I will just go ahead and share my thoughts on the comment about sex with a 21 year old (hasn't he also been referred to as 22?). Besides the fact that it's illegal, I find it perverse.

I am 22, and I can tell you that no NORMAL 21 or 22 year old male is interested in having sex with a 15 year old girl.
    I am 24 and i can also attest to this...a guy has major issues if he wants to or is willing to sleep with the 15 year old girl.

Its different when you are 25 and your bf is 30, or you are 19 and your bf is 23.

You need to stick with guys your own age and just not have sex until you are ready and in love. Trust me, you will feel much better about it later in life when you realize you had the integrity to wait and really respect yourself and your body by losing your virginity to someone you have a deep connection with.

if this teenager has to lie to her mother, or as she so maturely put it 'tricked' she has a LOT of growing up to do.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Off topic- oh man, when I was 15 I didn't even THINK about having sex... it was "ewww" and I wasn't ready... I was smart enough to wait and my decision is something I will never regret, and I will remember that special night as really special and one of the best nights in my life...
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

A*O

No, no - all the hot girls at school are having sex so it's like really important to have underage, illegal sex with a really mature random 21yr old so you can stay popular.

However, I'd say lying to your mother and taking the birth control pill in order to make your boobs bigger and improve your complexion for the sake of your stunning beauty indicates a very mature personality so perhaps we shouldn't judge.
    Last edited by A*O; July 19th, 2007 at 11:12 PM.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

It's not all about popularity... it's just that you have to get it over with..ugh virginity is sooo hard... i mean.. like.. its really hard... like.. omg... virginity is..ugh..
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

A*O

I know. My bad. Virginity is like SO Grade 7.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information