Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beauty Confessional

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    The hugest 80's hair you have EVER seen. It is sooo highly embarrassing now that words cannot describe it. My parents were mortified to be seen with me (not that I liked being w/them mind you) and thought I was on drugs (I was not). I thought I was something and more w/that hair.....

My hair is still paying the price for all that teasing and hair spray. and PERMING.
    Sorry dearie, no way your hair was bigger than mine. Permed and sprayed to oblivion. I remember going to clubs & before leaving the stall, I would drunkenly lean forward & flip my hair over & shake it so that it would get BIGGER. It was never quite big ENOUGH.

And lots of dark eye makeup. I felt hawt.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Any hairstyle where I had bangs/fringe.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    The whole big 'Madonna' cross earrings with the tie in my hair (85/86)
    The tall bangs-curl and tease...they were about 4 inches high
    Oh yeah I did the Madonna thing, including the rosary around my neck which horrified my dear devout Catholic mother.

Other 80's fashion flubs I sported in the 80's were the lovely parachute pants, leg warmers, and the mandatory banana clip in my hair, which I had to delicately place so that it didn't get snagged in my 6 inch high bangs(cemented with a whole can of Aquanet).
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I used to layer different colored socks on top of each other and then fold my jeans up. I mean, I was in the 6th grade, but still, there's just no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    I used to layer different colored socks on top of each other and then fold my jeans up. I mean, I was in the 6th grade, but still, there's just no excuse.
    I totally did that in primary school, too!

^^You know what they say cheescake, great minds think alike.

I went through a jeans and boots thing in high school (89-92). I had these Rocky Mountain jeans that had flaps on the sides that sort of folded over and buttoned in the front. It's hard to describe--just think M.C. Hammer cowboy pants. Truly awful.

Side ponytails! ....................

In 1995-1996, the trend that I followed was having two highlight/streaks on either side of my face down the front of my hair a la Idalis on TRL...I also did the feathered front layer look like this:
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...LG:en%26sa%3DN

^I did something like that- Geri spice inspired me. She had the red hair and two blond streaks at the front. Alot of girls copied that look at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    Side ponytails! ....................
    LOL yeah, I'm guilty of those too.

In the early 90's I would do my hair in a pony tail and then wrap a sparkly shoe lace around it. (Middle school which was the late 90's) I would wear about 10 butterfly clippies in my hair everyday then I would spray sparkles on my hair and face. Then freshman and sophmore year of high school I wore thick silver eyeshadow on the bottom and top lids , orange foundation (which at the time I thought gave me a bronzed look but later realized I looked like a pumpkin), Over the foudation and powder I would wear burgandy roughe (sp?). Oh yeah in then metalic lip gloss to match my eyes. I looked like a drag queen!

Gold Member

LMAO at these post LMAOI had this white skirt with black polka dots, it almost reminds me of a toutou. They had black suspenders I wore with a white cut off t shirt(baring midriff). TONS of bangles on my arms, white stirrups and black jelly beans (shoes).OMG I wore way to big t shirts with belts, leggings, and high heels.AND I loved anything stone-washed.

Frosted pink lipstick and light eyeshadow...eww!! And once i had this sort of lilac shimmery lipstick that made my teeth look yellow. Disgusting!

Great topic. Although, the memories that are rushing back are truly horrendous. Let's see, my friends and I were into the modern rock thing so we shaved our hair really short and spiked it up on top then bleached the tips a la Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode. We wore all black to honor the Cure and Dead or Alive. We pegged our pants with safety pins. Our male friends all thought they were Bily Idol or a member of Flock of Seagulls. Later, we went through the mile-high bang phase complete with perms and Ray-Ban sunglasses but that lasted all of six months. My friend went through a phase of dressing like a female Don Johnson from Miami Vice. That was really pathetic. Although, I wasn't doing any better because I chose to pile on as many rubber bracelets as possible in honor of the band a-ha. The sad thing is we captured all these looks on video because we thought it would be a great idea to dance around my bedroom singing to the camera. Oh, the insurmountable shame.

When I was younger it was all about black kohl that smudged for miles. Only mine wasn't all around, just smeared within the vicinity of my lower lashline, so I'd usually end up looking like a football player or something.

Oh, and billowy skirts with combat boots. But I still do that.
    2 years...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information