Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: BB creams?

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I've used about half a tube of L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB in "Light". It's one of those tinted moisturizers that adapts to your skin tone. I really like this stuff! It's not heavy at all (I found the Clinique stuff to be too masky looking on me), and it adjusts to my skintone. It's also inexpensive and available in drug stores.
    Is it a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer?

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Hi all,
    I've been using the cheapo Garnier one. I suspect the Garnier is really just a TM. But I'm cheap, and don't really wear makeup that often, and don't wear a lot when I do...
    I'd never used one before and wanted to stop wearing foundation since it was starting to crease up in the wrinkles around my mouth . My skin is okay, but has lost a lot of its youthful "glow"
    So I started using the BB cream about a year ago, with additional concealer under my eyes and around my nose. I only powder those areas. Overall, I've been happy with it, even in the humid summer months, and I live in the South!
    Just looks dewy but not oily...
    McJag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Is it a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer?

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
    Says "BB Cream" on the tube.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

About a month ago, I bought the Too Faced BB Cream in Vanilla Glow and I really love it. I haven't tried any of the Korean brands so I can't compare it to those yet. Vanilla Glow is very yellow based which looks great on me, but I guess it's hard for some people to wear? The saleslady said that it was medium coverage and I'd say it's a little bit more than that as far as covering up redness. Some of the reviews I've read said it doesn't cover flaws, but it seems to for me (except I use a tiny bit of Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage when needed). I was surprised something this light actually works. I just finish it with a tiny amount of powder and it's great.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I have ordered some of the Missa brand from Korea, don't have it yet though. I've tried the Maybelline brand, which is ok.

The BB cream came today and its wonderful. Its Missha from Korea. My skin feels so soft.

The Missa stuff is lovely isn't it?!?
    Free Charmed.

I still haven't found any for black skin tones, or maybe I should be looking for more Latina skin tones possibly.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I still haven't found any for black skin tones, or maybe I should be looking for more Latina skin tones possibly.
    How about this one?Smashbox 'Camera Rea...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I've been using the Smashbox BB cream for about a month and I like it a lot.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I heard these are basically tinted moisturizers but now there are CC creams as well that supposedly do even more...
    Lalique likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BelleRose View Post
    I heard these are basically tinted moisturizers but now there are CC creams as well that supposedly do even more...
    Thanks for the heads up! Will def. be trying the CC cream instead.

CC creams are said to be supercharged versions of BB creams, and have been circling Asia's beauty market under the same brands that brought us the BB craze. The double C stands for "color correction" or "color control" because they are more focused on improving your skin's color and tone. Basically, CC creams will provide all the coverage and benefits of a BB, with the added bonus of improving discoloration, fine lines, wrinkles, and retaining all those benefits longer...

CC creams also have unique ingredients that aren't found in BBs. For example, White and Green Tea extracts, natural vitamins, and Macadamia Nut Oil that are present in CC creams make these formulas rich in antioxidants that boost the immunity of skin cells and prevent pigmentation. Tea extracts especially protect the skin from environmental factors that could cause damage or premature aging, too. CC creams also have a lighter texture and feel, so they're going to be more suitable for oilier skin types.

Beauty News: The CC Cream Craze | MichellePhan.com
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Thanks for all the info, I'll be looking into these as well!
    If I had it all to do over again I would change probably change my screen name but it is what it is.

Well, now that I find one that I like, of course there's a new one I have to try. Thanks for the lalique, I'll check those out when I run out of what I have.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Well, now that I find one that I like, of course there's a new one I have to try. Thanks for the lalique, I'll check those out when I run out of what I have.
    I might just treat myself and try the Chanel cc cream. I'll let you know if it's any better than the bb creams.
    Waterslide likes this.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information