Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: BB creams?

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I had never heard of this. Bella are you using it as your foundation? From reading on Sephora they are saying it is more like a primer.
    I intially bought it as a foundation (because that's how she sold it to me). I was pretty ticked off after the first use when I realized it was more like a tinted moisturizer. However, I had an eye infection that wouldn't go away and they wanted me to stay away from all of my usual makeup. I wore the BB cream instead. After a couple of weeks, I didn't need to go back to foundation because my skin looks much better. Every once in awhile I have to wear foundation over it (when hormones are flying) though.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The garnier one (in the us version) isn't a real BB, it's closer to a TM. The version they sell in europe may be different. From what I'm reading most of the ones here in the US aren't true BB's as they don't have the skin treatments that are in BB's. Sillyme54 was absolutely correct.
    I dunno! I plan of buying mine from Korea They seem to have different/better skincare there & I am a bit of a potion queen...
    Free Charmed.

I am a self-professed (and seconded, by my husband) makeup whore. I've seen the term BB cream ALL over Sephora for awhile and was definitely curious. Being more into makeup than skincare products, it didn't really catch on my radar. I tend to not screw around with my skincare regime unless it stops working for me, as I have really dry and really sensitive skin and the majority of my allergic reactions are due to skincare stuff.

I use a lot of moisturizing for my dry skin and I have a pretty decent complexion. I only use concealer and a light finishing powder. I recently fell for a powder based foundation that promised "airbrushed" looks ... yeah, bullshit. It was way too heavy, even with a very light hand, and it made me feel like my concealer wouldn't "set." I don't even know why I bothered. I don't think I'd be happy with any foundation because it just seems so heavy. Hence the reason I haven't caved into the BB creams. I totally need undereye concealer (can't get away without it, but not willing to put even more goop on my face), so I don't think BB creams would do much to wow me. I'm still trying to understand the explosion of eyeshadow primer!! I never had to use that before (just put undereye concealer on my lids!) and now I have to use it or I'm obsessing about creases in my eyeshadow. Bleah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I dunno! I plan of buying mine from Korea They seem to have different/better skincare there & I am a bit of a potion queen...
    Have you tried the skin79 hot orange yet?

So I was in Seattle last week and picked up some Clinique BB Cream since it won't be in my place for a while still. They gave me a Shade 2 which was bizarre as there's only 3 shades apparently, and I'm fair skinned. Weird.

Anyways I thought it'd be a lot like tinted moisturizer and it is to a point, but it stays in place. It doesn't seem to fade away/run off like moisturizer will eventually, and I've actually been really impressed with it. I have used it both just on its own and once with a bit of powder on top. Haven't had to touch up or anything. So far, I'm sold on it and will be stoked when it's availabe here.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    Have you tried the skin79 hot orange yet?
    Haha! No! I got sucked into looking at all sorts & never made a decision. I did think that the Missa M Signiature Real BB cream (if I've called it right?) in #13 (their lightest one) might be the way to go? But I was trying to find somewhere that sold the little packets so I could try them out first...
    I'm so slow at making decisions sometimes!

Thank you for all your help with this though, I think that my skin will really benefit from it. I made 1 application of retin A last week & saw an improvement so just need to be more regular with my skin care stuff. I think my face is very red but 2 beauticians (independently of each other) told me I have a great completion... Go figure!
    Free Charmed.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

OMFG Novice please be careful with Retin-A, it made my rosacea go apeshit. The first month is not bad but then...rargh, it's like hell rains down upon your face and it is not the kind of thing that will go away, it gets worse. Rosacea skin hates retin-a.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyester Pam View Post
    So I was in Seattle last week and picked up some Clinique BB Cream since it won't be in my place for a while still. They gave me a Shade 2 which was bizarre as there's only 3 shades apparently, and I'm fair skinned. Weird.

Anyways I thought it'd be a lot like tinted moisturizer and it is to a point, but it stays in place. It doesn't seem to fade away/run off like moisturizer will eventually, and I've actually been really impressed with it. I have used it both just on its own and once with a bit of powder on top. Haven't had to touch up or anything. So far, I'm sold on it and will be stoked when it's availabe here.
    That's been my experience too. The only time I've noticed a problem is when it's super humid and I'm sweating. Then it turns into a creamy goo. Gross really. The rest of the time I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    OMFG Novice please be careful with Retin-A, it made my rosacea go apeshit. The first month is not bad but then...rargh, it's like hell rains down upon your face and it is not the kind of thing that will go away, it gets worse. Rosacea skin hates retin-a.
    Posted from my iPhone
    Silly-Billy! I don't use it on that bit of my face
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Oooh interesting. I'd be worried about the chemicals in the Korean BB creams? They do often have the most well applied make-up though so I'm really tempted to find some.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

I don't wear foundation but if I did I don't know if I would try this. I read about it in Allure, but it seems like it would make me very oily.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Clinique just discontinued my foundation and the girl at the counter recommended their BB cream as an alternative. While it's coverage is more like a tinted moisturizer, I have to admit my skin looks much better since I've started using it. I was prepared to hate it for the $35-$40 price tag.

Anyone else using BB creams? Which kind and how much are they?
    Tried two BB creams yesterday.

One cheek Dr. Jart (only comes in one color - a greyish pink)

One cheek in Clinique BB cream # 2. I asked a salesperson to pick a cheek, which looked best.....she said the Clinique.

I tend to get overly excited about a product that works but this really surprised me. It had the nicest texture, creamy smooth, not greasy, not dry, like creamy whipped and it evened out my discolorations like I was flawless. I have some redness on my chin and a little discoloration on either side of my nose. It feels like velvet.

If you're in Sephora just try some. I was never a tinted moisturizer lover because they never did much for me.

I didn't see any colors for dark olive or dark complexions.

fgg

chalet - good to know about clinique. i really want to try it.

i saw this one in a magazine:

BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream SPF 30+ ($28, brtcstore.com)

anyone know about it? i'm interested because the magazine said it was a best seller in korea.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I've used about half a tube of L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB in "Light". It's one of those tinted moisturizers that adapts to your skin tone. I really like this stuff! It's not heavy at all (I found the Clinique stuff to be too masky looking on me), and it adjusts to my skintone. It's also inexpensive and available in drug stores.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    chalet - good to know about clinique. i really want to try it.

i saw this one in a magazine:

BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream SPF 30+ ($28, brtcstore.com)

anyone know about it? i'm interested because the magazine said it was a best seller in korea.
    I found a load of online reviews & it was a toss up between that one and a Missa one #13 and I went with the Missa one. I can't remember why. There might be some discussion in the foundation thread about it?

ETA- maybe it was to do with the color? I'm pink/cool toned if that helps?
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information