Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Anyone had eyelash extensions done?

I want to do Latisse. I have dark blue eyes and don't care if they change color. Although going lighter would be cool. Do we have any Latisse stories? Does it cause more lashes to grow? Or does it just make the ones you have thicker and longer?

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Silver Member

Ummm, think I'll pass. Ideally, I'd like to have mine permanently curled.They're long enough but now-unlike in my younger days-they point downwards and I hate using an eyelash curler. But the thought of that smelly perm solution anywhere near my eyes makes me hesitate. Probably need to just find the right mascara.

I knew somebody who used Latisse and her eyelashes looked ridiculously long. Not natural or eye enhancing at all.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i did extensions a few times and i loved how it looked because i have short, straight, sparse eyelashes - the worst combination! i had a TERRIBLE reaction to the glue the last time and my eyes swelled shut.

louis - does the fiber work on people who have sparse lashes to begin with or does it just look like you have 5 really long lashes on each eye?
    I personally think my lashes are pretty sparse/thin/short. So it does thicken and lengthen them. Depends on the number of applications you do. At first, I would just do one, and now I do 2-3. I would say it does take a little practice to perfect the look.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Eyelash extensions

That^ is my post from 2007. I'm sure they do it different now. I don't wear them anymore. The last time I did strips was in June last year for my wedding.

From back in 2007, I have a gap in my lashes to where the glue was stuck so hard, I pulled out my lashes, and it never grew back.

Here is another from KristiB in 2012 Eyelash Extensions
    ManxMouse likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    i guess that's a perk of having brown eyes - don't have to worry about it changing my eye color. I've never used latisse, but I use rapid lash, & have since December 2011. It really does make a difference in my lashes. But I quit using it once & within 2 weeks they were short again. (They were still fairly thick because I do have thick lashes...just not very long.) I'd love to try the latisse because I think it would get them even longer than the rapid lash does, but it's over $100 & requires a prescription. So I'll stick with rapid lash. I usually get it on Amazon for like $30-$35 & it lasts me about 5 weeks when I use it every night. But I bet I could go every other night & be fine. I should try that.

This is gonna sound very "get off my lawn" but seriously, wtf? People are taking drugs that lengthen their eyelashes? What is wrong with humanity.

I just can't understand what's so important about eyelashes that you would risk changing eye colour. Isn't mascara enough? Do women really think they look ugly with regular lashes?
    Ravenna, qwerty and Brah like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Okay so this is a "natural" remedy to thicken and lengthen eyelashes that I've been trying on myself for 3 weeks now and it has exceeded my wildest expectations and then some. It's Jamaican black castor oil. I use it every night after I take off my makeup and my lashes are longer and thicker than ever before now. I don't use mascara anymore, not because my lashes have become that dramatic but because I don't want to lose any of my precious lashes when I take the mascara off. I use clear gel mascara during the day, the kind that gives you wet looking lashes without any color. I have black lashes to begin with so that's not a problem. I'll post a picture of my lashes sometime when I'm feeling brave enough If anyone's wondering, I use the tropical isle living brand's Jamaican castor oil that I got from Amazon.

(Ignore her scary spider lashes in the beginning)
    holly likes this.

Her lashes are amazing, I wouldn't wear mascara either. Well, maybe one coat. Mine are straight. She pissed me off when she apologized for hers being all curled. She slept with a sleep mask on. Grrrr. I'm all with a blow dryer heating my lash curler and getting nothing until I do it like 3 times on each eye. I'd like to see a before pic of her lashes.

^ have you tried a heated curler?

I have this one from Panasonic, it works well
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Kat, doesn't all that oil leave your eyes puffy in the morning? I know when I've used oily eye makeup removers, that I wake up looking all squinty and greasy-eyed.

Faithanne, I believe Latisse is applied topically, it's not like a pill you ingest that does some internal weirdness.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I just watched a few tutorials on that heated lash curler. I have to get one. Thanks WCG.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    This is gonna sound very "get off my lawn" but seriously, wtf? People are taking drugs that lengthen their eyelashes? What is wrong with humanity.

I just can't understand what's so important about eyelashes that you would risk changing eye colour. Isn't mascara enough? Do women really think they look ugly with regular lashes?
    I'm pretty sure these things are all topical. I know the Latisse & the Rapid Lash are.

I've seen pretty good results with Revitalsh. Been using it every night for nearly 3 months and with mascara on the lashes are hitting the top of my brow bone. Without mascara they're nothing special though so don't expect miracles but I'm impressed considering it's a safe alternative to the scary Latisse type of treatments.

It's worked better for me than Rapid Lash which did little more than irritate the crap out of my eyes.

http://www.amazon.com/s?page=1&rh=n:...p_4:Revitalash
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information