Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another day; another zit! :(

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Yeah, DON'T use toothpaste. I used it on some areas of my face for like...three days and it dried them up so much it's not even funny. Layers of skin were peeled off. Nasty, I know, but at least I learned my lesson.

just wondering...why no toothpaste? not even for one night???
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

^Google for SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate)

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Toothpaste can be super irritating; why can't someone make a special laser for me to use at home to burn the top layer of my face off? Is that too crazy?

Yes, that sounds like a wonderful idea.

I think the best product to use for acne prone skin is alpha hydroxy lotion in 8-12% concentration. I broke out badly for the first time in my life last month, and the alpha hydroxy cleared it right up. My skin looks fantastic.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

man i am one oily ass bitch today!

Alice, I'm on a 1% gel of clindamyacin that I use every night in combo with a retin A product (there are different concentrations and renova too for people who get red and peel too much). They've worked wonders.

Bronze Member

i get them , and im 25 , but ive thinking about buying some organic tea tree oil, my friends told me about it, ebay sells it , everything ive used for ance semmed to make it worse but at the moment only been useing warm water , but i think tea tree oils to go ,

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    Alice, I'm on a 1% gel of clindamyacin that I use every night in combo with a retin A product (there are different concentrations and renova too for people who get red and peel too much). They've worked wonders.
    oohhh thanks! i might try that when my prescriptions run out!

OOOOuuuch i have the most painful tumor like thing growing on the side of my nose and its red and pulsating! I think it has its own heartbeat and im not exagerrating about the size! I think it might possibly turn into another arm or leg and um my mom once again reminded me that she didnt stop getting zits till menopause in her 50's! so i got a ways to wait for this shizz to stop but I just signed up for a clinical study for a new acne medication at my dermatologist so lets see if they take me and shit

OMG that sucks! I think you have an aphex twin that is trying to come to life...
    Absolute wrongness. I wish there was some kind of magic wand I could give you to make this crap go away. I fucking hate acne; it is the most horrid thing ever.

^ i do too! only its wierd, b/c it feels like a tiny womb b/c i can move it around a little and its a huge ball under my skin and making one side of my nose look more bloated than the other - as for the other brain on my chin that grew about 2 milimeters from the one i had about a month ago for several weeks, well it actually broke to the surface of the skin and i was able to extinguish it w/ 2 fingers, a tissue, and some rubbing alcohol
    things are finally going my way!

This is insanity! I've been lucky that my regimen of bombarding my face with over the counter stuff has worked without any horrid side effects... didn't you get the crazy zeno thing and it doesn't work? Argh; there has got to be something that can be done... get an allergy test and some fuckng acupuncture...mayber you're a bitter and you're getting too much sweet; fuck if I know. Maybe your chakras need alignment...
    I'm sure you've tried this; try doing control studies on yourself... cut out all dairy and wheat for a month or so? I understand that your mother says she dealt with this her whole life; maybe you have an allergy or something in common?

I feel your pain Alice. I'm 29 and always had breakout to some degree or another. Lately, I have been breaking out a LOT over the last year. I think being overweight and drinking too much has made it worse over time.

The only times in my life that my face has really cleared up almost completely have been when I lost a shitload of weight (like 60 lbs. due to depression) and when I was getting laser hair removal. The technician said that the laser not only killed the active hair follicle, it killed all the bacteria that lives deep in your skin that topical products can't get to. My skin not only cleared up, but it positively GLOWED with a natural healthy blush.

So now I'm looking into starting some anti-acne laser treatments. I think it takes a month or several weeks to notice a difference, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information