Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another day; another zit! :(

A lot of people can't take something that strong. I know I can't

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i took accutane once in college and it got rid of most the shit but not completely all of it and the stuff it did get rid of stayed away but i wont go on it for a 2nd time b/c itll fuck your shit up. my friend who went on it twice got all fucked up and even dropped outta school; i think it made her a bit crazy for a while there.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

What did it do to her?

I gotta new one on my nose but it's small. Oh it's healing already. The one near my eye, still there, but just a little bump.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

omg she just went loonier and loonier and you've heard of other ppl going crazy from it right? like this teen who flew a small plane into a building in florida a few years back!

I'm afraid to pop my zits. I don't want to end up with scars.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Oh I remember that one that flew a plane into a building but didn't know he was on accutane. I just know it can possibly cause liver damage or something like that. Oh and I remember Alice posting a pic of a deformed Accutane baby, that was at CMS wasn't it? Oh the good times

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

omg i saw my skin upclose in black light once and i saw every single scar i ever caused even if it had faded already! it was sooooooo scary; such a nitemare!

flipper babies are the best! gawd you have such a great memory Mooms!!!

have you tried purpose soap or proactiv.

when i quit smoking at age 21 my withdrawal were these odd zits. Id never broken out in my life, all of a sudden on the side of my face one would come out. Theyd only come one at a time and were more like little red dots w no white heads. I immediately went to the dermo but their Rx was too harsh and not worth it. I used purpose soap and proactiv toner and never broke out again. i still use it.

My friend on the other hand actually had severe acne. She went on accutane and it wrecked her skin. She had horrible pock marks and lines from her skin getting so dried out. She had to do rounds of microdermabrasian and glycolic to soften her skin up and it helped. You could try that for acne control too

Zee

The only thing that cleared up my skin was a series of glycolic acid peels- maybe once a month. It's so long ago that I don't remember how often the dermatologist did the peels. My skin looked better after each peel.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

ooooh yeah; micro-dermabrasion is next on my list!

Where can you get this Purpose soap?

its over the counter by neutrogena--even without zits I use it it gives my skin a glow

Ok, if it's next to Neutrogena, I can afford it. I wil try it out. Thanks, FF!

You CAN pop zits without worrying about scars, but you have to make sure that you clear the area well after.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I had been getting insane knots that were so painful and they would stay forever and leave a discoloration after they went away, wouldn't even mess with them. They were hideous; some things you just cannot cover with makeup and it was even worse because I am super pale. Anyway; I've been using Neutrogena's clear pore astringent (salicylic acid rocks!) since Nov 2006 and at first I noticed I was getting a bunch of tiny blemishes so I put Persa Gel (clean & clear) on those; during the day using the Healthy Skin lotion (neutrogena) w/spf during the day. My face is happier; not perfect but I have not gotten a massive knot since December. I also cross my fngers in the hopes they do not return. It could have been some kind of hormonal imblalance that worked itself out, I don't know. I do attribute my happier skin to what I have been using on my face.
    Yes, accutane can make people crazy... ugh, that stuff is so scary hardcore. It like dries you up from the inside out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information