Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Aging/changing hair

No products, no heating, no styling, no bleaching. Eat good healthy food and drink lots of water. Sheer laziness is the reason my hair is still shiny and soft at my advanced age.

I wish I could tell all the young'uns I see with tortured hair that they'll regret it when they're older.
    BoogsBun likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^I think luck (genetics?) plays a part too. I have inherited my dad's fuzzy hair and I don't like going to the hairdresser. The oil treatment is the only thing I've ever done to keep it under control. Unless we include shaving it when I turned 18.

I'm sure genetics does play a part, but blasting the life out of your hair with heat and products doesn't help. Growing up I had my mother's oily, limp hair (without the wave) and hated it. Now I'm glad I listened to her and left it alone because it's in very good condition.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Best thing for my hair was purchasing a professional blow dryer about 20 years ago. I've had three blow dryers in 20 years. I used to buy the ones from the drug store and they would die within the year. I have a Super Solano. It's not ionic, it's a heavy duty dryer used in salons. I love it. I used it with a large round brush.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm not worried about the hair on my head at all. Let's discuss the random hair you get, in various places, the older you get. I'm more concerned that I'm going to end up with a mustache or beard, because hair is popping up there. Not any hair either, but long, black, wiry ones.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Just kidnap InigoMontoya and assume their GR identity. You'll have the tash so you may as well make full use of it.

I'm also a little sceptical about ionised hair products now, in spite of previous suggesting them. The hairdryer in the hotel I just stayed in had an ionic setting and I don't think it really did anything. Then again I didn't actually realise that it had an ionic setting until I'd finished drying my hair so perhaps you have to do it all the way through rather than thinking "I wonder whether that works?" and giving your now dry hair another blast.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Here we go, maybe this one will work.

Kittylady and JazzyGirl like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Pair that with a Justin Bieber singing toothbrush and you're good to go.
    BoogsBun and Kittylady like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Will it make me sparkly?

I've got my eye on the loreal steam pod straightener, but it's expensive so I want to try it first.
    JazzyGirl and KrisNine like this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Will it make me sparkly?

I've got my eye on the loreal steam pod straightener, but it's expensive so I want to try it first.
    Oooh. That looks interesting. I'm curious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    No products, no heating, no styling, no bleaching. Eat good healthy food and drink lots of water. Sheer laziness is the reason my hair is still shiny and soft at my advanced age.

I wish I could tell all the young'uns I see with tortured hair that they'll regret it when they're older.
    Agreed. I don't blow dry my hair and the only "product" I put on my hair daily is argan oil. The most abuse my hair gets is that I wash it everyday. Genetics must help because I don't know anybody else who's hair regimen is: wash, condition once and rinse, add a little more conditioner and comb through hair, dry, add argan oil, keep hair up until bedtime, take hair down, fan over pillow and sleep... I wake up with great hair everyday. However, tomorrow it WILL get a little abuse... going to my girl to get a trim and my hair straightened for the weekend. BUT I only get mine straightened about once every six months and I never do it myself.
    faithanne likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I'm not worried about the hair on my head at all. Let's discuss the random hair you get, in various places, the older you get. I'm more concerned that I'm going to end up with a mustache or beard, because hair is popping up there. Not any hair either, but long, black, wiry ones.
    Me too! I'm turning into my mother. I've been looking into some permanent removal options. I swear you pluck it and 2 days later it's back and already 2 inches long.

After my weight loss surgery, my hair fell out in clumps for about 5 months. I was easily down about 35-40% of the hair on my head. Thankfully, while it's very fine I had a ton of it to start. Nearly all of it has grown back, sadly much of it gray. I've gone blonder and blonder the last year to hide it.

Despite years and years of coloring, blow drying, flat irons, perms, etc. my hair has always been soft and shiny. I think thanks to the grays, those days are now long gone.

Re: Brazilians, my girl no longer does them. She feels that Keratin treatments are much easier on the hair. My coworker switched over to Keratin about 3 years ago and swears her hair is much healthier for it. She feels it lasts longer plus it's cheaper.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Agreed. I don't blow dry my hair and the only "product" I put on my hair daily is argan oil. The most abuse my hair gets is that I wash it everyday. Genetics must help because I don't know anybody else who's hair regimen is: wash, condition once and rinse, add a little more conditioner and comb through hair, dry, add argan oil, keep hair up until bedtime, take hair down, fan over pillow and sleep... I wake up with great hair everyday. However, tomorrow it WILL get a little abuse... going to my girl to get a trim and my hair straightened for the weekend. BUT I only get mine straightened about once every six months and I never do it myself.
    I hate you, just a little. If I did that my hair would look insane in the morning. Mine is too fine and weirdly wavy for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information