Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Accepting non-changeable physical flaws

Oh my, where do I start?

I have REALLY BIG BOOBS that I just can't get used to. As I've bitched about before, I'm very short and small-framed, so it feels like they're too big, besides being uncomfortable (they get in my way when I'm trying to sleep, run, play guitar; pretty much anything, and they give me back pain). Plus, finding bras that fit is a complete nightmare, since it seems that no one makes 32 DD.

I always wanted to be long and lean and leggy; instead, I'm short with a very pronounced hourglass shape. My nose seems incongruent, my chin is...weird, my eyebrows are too far apart, and my there's always a halo of flyaways surrounding my head. Oh, and I'm fat (but I'm working on that).

Right, I sound like a self-loathing type, but I swear I'm not! I don't have low self-esteem, nor would I change all those things, but sometimes one needs to bitch about it.
    2 years...

Elite Member

i think hourglass is gorgeous nawdle

i think the key is to accept it all, tho of course i don;'t know exactly how to make that happen overnight, but after you accept something, then you can make something of it, do something cool with it, whatever "it" (the flaw) happens to be.
    i think that's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Okay, here's my biggest physical flaw. I sweat, alot! My hands are perpetually clammy and when I'm stressed (say at a job interview where there is much handshaking ) they are even worse. Hold on, it gets better. I also CANNOT locate an anti-perspirant that will keep me from pitting. All of my shirts have to be chosed for their ability to disguise or minimize armpit sweat. How frustrating!?

Anyone recommend an antiperspirant??? I think I may have tried them all.
    I use to sweat profusely until I found Thai Crystal Deodorant. You can use any natural crystal. They sell them at most Health Food Stores.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by pinklilycat View Post
    Oh god, I sympathize with this ALLOT! I don't so much have sweaty under-arms as well, but I do get a shiny sweat on my face sometimes which is just mortifying!!! This is the thing I LOATH about myself!! Can anyone help???
    Also, you can use any makeup with Bentonite Clay in it such as mineral makeup because it absorbs really well. I used to have an oil slick in certain spots on my face and this works well for me.

I have a bump on my nose (getting it fixed this year), big Kylie Minogue teeth, big forehead, oily skin....the rest is fine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    I use to sweat profusely until I found Thai Crystal Deodorant. You can use any natural crystal. They sell them at most Health Food Stores.
    Ooooooo...I'm going shopping tomorrow. Thanks so much!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sounds good, cloud. I take it you haven't done the Botox consult (for underarm sweating)? Sounds scary and expensive but it might work as a last result.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Sounds good, cloud. I take it you haven't done the Botox consult (for underarm sweating)? Sounds scary and expensive but it might work as a last result.
    I haven't done a consult yet, but I'm considering it. The idea of Botox makes me shudder, but if people put it in their faces - why not my armpits!?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, really scary but I guess they do a slight test and wait, to see if you react. I guess a lot of people have it so maybe it'll be safe for you if you need it. The Thai deodorant sounds interesting, too.

OT: Your story reminds me of the time I bought this Queen Helene deodorant from the health food store many years ago. It stained one of my best blouses and I was so pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    Oh my, where do I start?

I have REALLY BIG BOOBS that I just can't get used to. As I've bitched about before, I'm very short and small-framed, so it feels like they're too big, besides being uncomfortable (they get in my way when I'm trying to sleep, run, play guitar; pretty much anything, and they give me back pain). Plus, finding bras that fit is a complete nightmare, since it seems that no one makes 32 DD.

I always wanted to be long and lean and leggy; instead, I'm short with a very pronounced hourglass shape. My nose seems incongruent, my chin is...weird, my eyebrows are too far apart, and my there's always a halo of flyaways surrounding my head. Oh, and I'm fat (but I'm working on that).

Right, I sound like a self-loathing type, but I swear I'm not! I don't have low self-esteem, nor would I change all those things, but sometimes one needs to bitch about it.

NawdleZouss, I feel your pain . I am also short and petite with big boobs. It can be such a bitch, sometimes. No one else in my family has big boobs, so I have no idea where the "twins" came from.
    Plus, since I'm petite I really have to watch my weight, because a "few" pounds can make me look chunky. I've always wanted to be taller. Unfortunately, my parents are freaking midgets.
    Never trust a big butt and a smile...

I'm not overweight at all but I'm very concerned that I have enormous calves! I swear I try on these sexy high boots all the time and I can't even zip them all the way up! Whats up with that? Every time I just stare at my legs and wonder if my calves are just abnormally fat. Its almost embarassing, I wonder if I have stumps for legs.

Elite Member

^^maybe you can try a bigger boot size?
    or even have the boots altered if you really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Ooooooo...I'm going shopping tomorrow. Thanks so much!
    You're very welcome. I had a scare with cancer and now use as close to natural as I can get. Here is a little info on it:

Deodorant stones are one of the most effective body deodorants known to man. The stones are 100% pure and are completely free of all additives and harmful chemicals. Hypoallergenic and non-staining, deodorant stones are a product for men, women, and teens who care about their health and bodies. The stones will last 8 to 12 months, or longer.
    • No Aluminum Chlorohydrate
    • Eliminates body and foot odor
    • Ingredients - mineral salts
    Easy to use. . . moisten the stone and apply to your body as you would any other type of roll-on product. Cover the entire area generously. The stone works by eliminating bacteria growth which is the cause of body odor.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    You're very welcome. I had a scare with cancer and now use as close to natural as I can get. Here is a little info on it:

Deodorant stones are one of the most effective body deodorants known to man. The stones are 100% pure and are completely free of all additives and harmful chemicals. Hypoallergenic and non-staining, deodorant stones are a product for men, women, and teens who care about their health and bodies. The stones will last 8 to 12 months, or longer.
    • No Aluminum Chlorohydrate
    • Eliminates body and foot odor
    • Ingredients - mineral salts
    Easy to use. . . moisten the stone and apply to your body as you would any other type of roll-on product. Cover the entire area generously. The stone works by eliminating bacteria growth which is the cause of body odor.
    Hmmm, but how does it combat perspiration? I don't smell (much) , but it's the sweat that's the issue.

Hit By Ban Bus!

OT but important: almost everybody should be using a deodorant free of Aluminum Zirconium. There are very few on the market. Mennen makes one.

Of course, the people with a huge sweating problem must come up with an alternative.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information