Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have grey hair?

Default Do you have grey hair?

Ok I have come to the point in my life now that I accept the fact I have alot of grey hair. I use to pluck them out but I have way too many now and dont have the time. HEHE
    I dont color my hair anymore and everyday Im growing to like it. I have dark brown almost black hair.
    So anyone else willing to talk about this subject.

Gold Member

Default Re: Grey Hair?

Hmm. I've been going grey since I was 10 yrs old and coloring since I was 15, so it's just a normal part of life for me. My roots grow in almost completely white and I have to touch them up about every 3 weeks. I wish I could pull it off, but grey/white hair is just NOT flattering on me.
    Last edited by feliciakb; January 29th, 2006 at 05:44 PM.

A*O

I have a few greys around the temples but at my age I don't complain and I have blonde highlights anyway so they blend in. If you think your hair is totally white/grey then perhaps go for the Gwen Stefani look? People pay a FORTUNE to fry/ruin their hair peroxide and if you get yours for free then I say Work It.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I've been going grey since I was 20 (I'm 26), and I have a little more every year. It doesn't bother me yet... in fact, I think it looks kinda neat with my dark hair. They're all... silver and shiny. I feel like a have tinsel in my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove
    I've been going grey since I was 20 (I'm 26), and I have a little more every year. It doesn't bother me yet... in fact, I think it looks kinda neat with my dark hair. They're all... silver and shiny. I feel like a have tinsel in my hair.
    What a cute way to look at it! Yea tinsel!

I noticed my first grey hairs when I was 19, and they were about 6" then. Over the years, it's become a lot more abundant. I did go through a few years of coloring, not to cover the grey, but to just do something different. I got tired of keeping up with it, so it's natural now.

Mine are silver as well. Not sure I ever thought of it as tinsel, but I am hoping that it will kind of merge into a streak.

A lot of mine are clustered on the right side in the front, so I'm hoping for a streak, too.

I had them grow left and right since I was 13. Truth be told, they will grow worse and will not disappear. My natural color is kinda dark brown but the grey would only show up when I spotted it. So I figured I rather dye my hair fushia and play Rogue for a little while. It's pain but you just gotta work with it.

My grandmother when all grey pretty early and so she goes to the hair stylist and gets this awesome grey which has a tint of blue fushia on it and she's rocking this at 63. My aunt goes with her and keeps her dark hair and has her grey highlighted fushia and it looks gorgeous!!! Try it Sammy!!
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    I have a few greys around the temples but at my age I don't complain and I have blonde highlights anyway so they blend in. If you think your hair is totally white/grey then perhaps go for the Gwen Stefani look? People pay a FORTUNE to fry/ruin their hair peroxide and if you get yours for free then I say Work It.
    I've thought about going platinum. Although I look better w/ dark hair, blonde would be MUCH less maintenance for me. I just don't think it would work w/ my coloring.

I didn't notice until late last year that I had a few grey hairs. Luckily I'm blonde and highlight my hair, so they don't really show.

My paternal grandmother, whom I resemble, went white overnight after her husband died. I'd prefer to do it that way if I had a choice.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

My grandmother kept on colouring hair well into her 90's. I find that cute. She passed away at 93 though.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I was talking to my dad this afternoon and he told me my grandfather, his dad, had totally white hair by the time he was 20. I never knew, pretty interesting. My dad and I have the same hair coloring almost black but his hair is getting white and he looks really good. My husband's hair is salt and pepper, he looks HOT!!
    Im just going to let nature take the wheel, Im not going to fight it. I have noticed I have more grey/silver hair on my right side.

A*O

Trouble with colouring grey hair is the constant maintenance. There is NOTHING worse than seeing a woman with chestnut coloured hair and a line of grey/white roots. My mum has silver/grey hair and she has so-called low-lights put in just to tone it down a bit. Looks great. Maybe the answer to your original question is to go and see a professional colourist for some advice. Also, a really good cut can make all the difference to the overall appearance of greying hair.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Well my hair is starting to get more gray and I have given up the battle for coloring the goatee anymore. I am keeping it and letting it go gray. which means that I will look even more like the really bad pic I had posted in another section(that pic is now gone! hehehehe)

^^ post it again Sojiita I would like to see what you look like.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information