Thread: Brown hair colour dye

Default Brown hair colour dye

My hair is naturally (and currently) a medium-dark brown, and fairly cool/ashy. It's actually surprisingly dark for my complexion, but there's very little warmth in it. I've been colouring my hair forever, both at the salon and at home but one thing I have yet to find is the perfect deep brown colour. I want something that will add a little warmth and richness and "chocolatiness", without making it look like a reddish-brown, and without making it look inky black for the first two weeks until it fades into greatness.

Like this, I suppose:

(My complexion is similar as well, and my eyes are grey-green)

Now, it's not that I've tried tons of different dyes, because I've been giving my hair a rest for awhile, but I thought some of you (Tiki? ) may already have an idea of the perfect shade, or line, and that could save me a lot of heartache. I'm reticent to go to a pro for such a subtle change - it would really just be beefing up my current haircolour. I just want to get it right.

Also, what is the final word on dyeing your eyebrows? I know pros do it, but the at-home kits advise against it - is it automatically a no-no, or do you just have to avoid getting it in your eyes?

Thanks, ladies!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

SVZ

Default Re: Brown hair colour (dye)

Also, what is the final word on dyeing your eyebrows? I know pros do it, but the at-home kits advise against it - is it automatically a no-no, or do you just have to avoid getting it in your eyes?
    when i dye my hair black i do my eyebrows too. i just use a qtip and kinda...smear it on. just be VERY VERY careful it doesn't get into your eyes, because you can go blind, the fumes can make you go blind as well. so just be very very careful and make sure the mixture isn't drippy at all (you might even want to make a smaller batch that's less liquid)

Gold Member

Give the Revlon High Dimension color a try, I loved it! I used it about a month and a half before Christmas and while I do have roots, the color hasn't faded off to a green or funny color. It's a level 3 permanent and the best thing is, it's a cream. You put it on for 10 minutes, it didn't have a strong smell and it didn't burn. As far as your eyebrows go, just use a clean mascara brush or toothbrush. If you want to be extra careful, put vaseline around them under them to keep the dye from running and staining. I think that naturally a person's eyebrows are a shade or two darker than the hair on their head. Normally, I don't even bother with mine unless I'm going red.

Silver Member

If you could get some RedkinShades EQ...you would look alot shinier.

Thread Information