Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you wear makeup?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Lightbulb Do you wear makeup?

Do you wear makeup everyday?

If not, how often do you wear it?

What do you put on?

How much time do you spend on applying makeup (e.g. in the morning b4 you go to work/school etc)?

I've just gradded from my uni so I don't have anymore school and I'm not working either so I don't wear makeup anymore. I kind of realized I look like crap without it now, I look all scruffy.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I dont wear make up and havent since I was 19 yrs old and Im 37 now. I cant wear mascara of any kind, my eyes swell shut. I live where its very very humid and I figure what is the point of putting any kind of make up on since it will all be off in a matter of minutes. I do use lots of Neutrogena lotion. Im told by many people I dont look my age, I usually get that I look like Im 25. LOVE IT

I dont wear make up because I touch my face too much, and I end up messing it up. Plus I really have this phobia of things being near my eyes, so eyeliner and whatnot I just cant do...

I think the only time I really wear makeup is on like, special occations...I know I wore some for my graduation and prom...thats all I can think of right off the top of my head
    Dramatically overdramatic

I do wear make-up when I have to leave the house. I simply look like crap without it, pale and blotchy. You know the type of look that makes people ask if you're sick? I'm blessed (yes blessed) with combination skin, so I have almost no lines or wrinkles, so I do look younger than my age, just blotchy. But I do apply it to make it look natural (except when going out in the evening when you put on a bit more).

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I do wear make-up when I have to leave the house. I simply look like crap without it, pale and blotchy. You know the type of look that makes people ask if you're sick? But I do apply it to make it look natural (except when going out in the evening when you put on a bit more).
    My lips are pale so I had a friend asked me if I was sick when I wasn't wearing a lip stick...

I, at least, need to draw in my eye brows (cuz they are sparse) and put on lip stick/gloss.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I don't wear it every day anymore. I used to... I wouldn't leave the house without it. Now I don't give a shit. But I generally put it on whenver I feel like it... if I feel like looking a little more decent than usual, I put it on. If I'm going somewhere, even to a friend's house, I'll put it on. But not for the grocery store or anything. I'm getting too old to care if I look presentable while shopping for toilet paper.

My makeup routine could eaily take 45 minutes when I was younger. Now I spend 10 minutes, tops. Quick foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipgloss... done.

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove View Post
    I don't wear it every day anymore. I used to... I wouldn't leave the house without it. Now I don't give a shit. But I generally put it on whenver I feel like it... if I feel like looking a little more decent than usual, I put it on. If I'm going somewhere, even to a friend's house, I'll put it on. But not for the grocery store or anything. I'm getting too old to care if I look presentable while shopping for toilet paper.

My makeup routine could eaily take 45 minutes when I was younger. Now I spend 10 minutes, tops. Quick foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipgloss... done.
    Yep, my make-up routine (to look natural, LOL) takes between 5 and 10 minutes. You get faster with experience

Make Up always makes me feel good about myself so I wear it most of the time (not if Im not going out anywhere at all that day thogh)

On a regular day, shopping, work etc I wear foundation and blusher to hide blemishes. That takes me about 2 minutes! But when Im going on a night out I wear the whole lot: Foundation, blusher, eye liner, mascara, eye shadow, lip gloss. That takes about 5 minutes.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I wear make-up whenever I go out, and it usually takes me 15 minutes.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Elite Member

- No, not every day, but frequently.

- I wear it when I have an impt. meeting or for going out to a social occasion where I want to look my best.

What do you put on?

- Not a whole lot. I wear eyeliner and dust bronzer on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin to get a healthy glow. I'm hooked on the Physicians Formula line of bronzer--they're available in most drug stores, relatively inexpensive and come in an assortment of great colors.

How much time do you spend on applying makeup (e.g. in the morning b4 you go to work/school etc)?

- I spend 5-10 minutes tops in the morning. The easier a routine, the better

I wear makeup when I leave the house usually. Pretty minimal in summer because I get some color, not much, but enough.
    I always wear mascara when I put makeup on. If I wear no other makeup I don't care. But, mascara always. And I curl my lashes.
    And then if I have any zits going on I spot cover them.
    Sometimes blush.
    And sometimes lipgloss, but never lipstick. Lipstick looks shitty on me.

I worked in the beauty industry for years and to this day I won't leave the house with out doing my hair & makeup even just to run to the supermarket.I hate that I'm like that

Makeup isn't a big deal for me, and I keep getting told it should be. The only things I make sure I'm wearing are mascara and chapstick. If I want to look a little nicer I'll use eyeliner and a more neutral eyeshadow. I don't use blush b/c my cheeks are naturally a little pinker, and I try to spot conceal. When I was working full time this summer in a management position a lot of people kept telling me I should wear makeup b/c at 20 I was already one of the youngest employees in the store, let alone the youngest on management. They told me it would help me look older and gain some authority. I mean, come on, would you listen to the little 5'2" manager that's almost 10 years younger than you?

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post

What do you put on?

I've just gradded from my uni so I don't have anymore school and I'm not working either so I don't wear makeup anymore. I kind of realized I look like crap without it now, I look all scruffy.
    I wear makeup to job interviews, parties, and special occasions. Otherwise, I rarely wear any.

I pretty much wear it everyday (unless I'm not leaving the house at all) I usually do a little bronzer to even out my skin tone and give my face a little color, mascara, and something for my lips (either gloss or chapstick) This only takes me about 5 minutes. If I'm going out to a bar or nice dinner in the evening, then I'll usually do the whole deal-foundation, bronzer, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, blush... Wow! That sounds like a lot of make up when I actually have to own up to it! I think the key to wearing a lot of make up though is to make it look like you're hardly wearing any.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information