Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Threading

Default Threading

I was watching a program called 'Ten years younger' (great program by the way!!) And anyway, they get someone, last night it was a 52 year old woman and get them to stand in the middle of a busy shopping centre and ask passers by to guess her age. Then they work out the average, which last night was 66!! And try to make her look 10 years younger than the estimated age.

They spend thousands on teeth, plastic surgery, hair etc. Last night they took her to a spa for every kind of beauty treatment you could think of included 'threading' on her eyebrows. I'd never heard of this before, has anyone else? They said its more precise and less painful than plucking or waxing, it looked really strange. I think They knot the cotton round the hairs to pull them out but the woman was doing it so quickly it was amazing!!

Anyone ever tried it?
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Default Re: Threading

I doubted the precision thing too to be honest! But they said something about the hairs being removed without aggrevating the top layer of skin so it causes less pain and redness??

I'm glad you told me that I was considering it! I had quite thick eyebrows when I was younger until one day I was so sick of having people make fun of them I just went crazy and attacked them with the tweezers and I've done the same ever since, people often comment on how well shaped they are and they don't believe that I do them myself!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry

I've been getting threading done for the past couple of years. The first time was a nightmare! It was soooo painful, tears were streaming down my face, and I looked like I had leprosy for the rest of the evening. However, it looked great the next day. It's a very subtle groomed look compared to waxing. I can't really explain it, but all my friends get threaded too, and I just like the look better. It hurts less and less every time. I've also heard that because of the wax being pulled off all at once, it breaks down the collagen in your skin, leading to sagging as you get older. May or may not be true, but after the initial time, I much prefer threading.

I think I will stick with my good old faithful tweezers as I have done since I was 14. The pain doesn't really happen any more for me. Plus it's free so that deserves a positive

EDIT: Chatteaux, I've seen your signature before but after a few drinks I find myself giggling just looking at it. OK - I'm weird

I like threading, but as in all things, it depends on whose doing it. It's a little painful -- my eyes always water -- but no worse than waxing. And I always get compliments on my brows after threading. The best thing is that it costs $5 in little India, but the woman I like isn't there much any more.

I've heard the same thing about waxing -- that it weakens the skin and eventually causes sagging. I mean, we're all gonna sag, but I'd rather do it later than sooner!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I don't have thick eyebrows so all I ever need to do is to tweeze and trim here and there.

There are lots of salons here that do threading though, I think esp East Indian ones.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

a friend of mine gets hers done like that. but she lives in new york, i've never seen that here. i don't quite understand how it works either. i can't wax my eyebrows because the skin on my face is too sensitive. i tried it once and my skin got all blotchy and sore and then broke out. i pluck them and that works fine for me.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

My neighbor used to do threading and she insisted that I let her do it on my upper lip and eyebrows. She swore it hurt less than waxing, but that was a bunch of bullshit. At least with waxing you get the area in pretty much one fell swoop. With threading she went over and over the area again and again getting all the little fuzz and everything. It was torture.

That means she didn't know what she was doing. Sorry.

I have been going threading for about 6 years and I would never go back to waxing.It gives your eyes a nice shape.

Surely its the hairs that are being plucked that make them look nice. I don't understand how it can look any different just because you use a certain instrument?

DIY threading: http://www.indiaparenting.com/beauty...cgi?art_id=133

I tried it once and it hurt like a bitch, and was difficult to do. Plus, I think plucking my eyebrows is really fun for some reason. Yay!

I feel retarded. I have quite thick eyebrows but would never think of something else but my good old tweezer to give them the shape I want

And I'm with you tofu, plucking is fun
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

^^ I think so true, I love it when I leave them for about a week and I can properly attack them with great results, I'd never get them waxed my cousin had hers done and when they grew back they were bauld in the middle so it was like a long flat rounded circle of hair above her eyes, looked freaky!!

I hope no one minds that i bump this thread, but i just had eyebrow threading done and i love it! I took my two nieces and Mom and we made it a girls day out. My nieces and i got threading done and I don't think i would ever go back to waxing or plucking. I was amazed with the whole process. The girl who did it was great. She did all three of our brows in the time i would be probably only a quarter done plucking. Waxing is too harsh for my sensitive skin, and although it was a little painful, it was well worth it. And the shaping was so precise. I was just so in awe about the whole process and how she could do that with just some cotton thread. I'm definitely hooked.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information