Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Haircut disaster thread!

Talking Haircut disaster thread!

Ok..so I went to a stupid Great Clips(my first mistake) in the crappy town I work in instead of Columbus(second mistake)..and they somehow read the thing wrong about my hair, and they were using the razorthing on the sides..as they should..and then they swept right up the top of my head in a big stripe right down the middle with it-they were near the top by the time I stopped them.

The only way to fix it was just to get a very close buzzcut (less than half an inch!) over my whole head! My hair has not been this short since I was about five years old!

Anyway..I hated it of course cause it makes me look older and balder and like a cueball(my perception), but other people have said it looks good and even makes me look younger!

I just took it in stride and paid and tipped appropriately(even thought they were going to offer it free and give a free product). It was an honest mistake and miscommunication and all, and she was sorry about it. I thought it would maybe bring good karma or whatever to have a sense of humor about it, and it will grow out of course.

I have NEVER had anything like this happen before when getting a hair cut-I have had bad cuts, but nothing like this.

anyone else ever have something like this happen???

*It has already been about a week ...and it is starting to grow out...and grow on me. I might actually like it in a week or two..and who knows?-I may keep it that short(but not less than half an inch! )
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

fgg

i've never had anything like that happen but a friend of mine went in for her normal highlights and they turned her hair purple! the salon owner was there (we've all been going to this salon for years) and she didn't apologize or offer it for free or anything! she ended up at the salon for like 4 hours while they fixed it. no way i would have paid for it.

I was growing out a cropped hairstyle that required regular trims to keep it looking neat and tidy. The day before a very important job interview, I went in to the salon to have the shaggy bits at the nape of the neck trimmed and tapered.

The hair stylist went to work with a pair of buzz clippers and was at it for quite a while when I finally asked her what was going on with all the buzzing. She said she was just making sure the "taper was even." I was pretty worried at this point and asked to see the back. She held up a mirror and showed me that she had shaved everything around the bottom practically to the skin except for a TRIANGLE of hair at the very back of my head. Her interpretation of taper was to shave a fricken vagina into the back!!

I think I screamed or something and asked her what the fuck she was doing. She blurted that she thought that was what I had asked for. There was nothing to do at that point but have her buzz the triangle off, so I had hair on the top while the back and sides were buzzed close to the skin. I didn't tip, I didn't pay, I just got the fuck out of there before she could do even more damage.

I went home and cried my lil eyes out and considered canceling the job interview, but I really, really, really wanted this job. So the next day I mustered as much humor and dignity as I could and explained the hair cut from hell right off the bat, then did my best to forget about it and focus on the interview, which went great. In spite of the freaky looking hair style, they called me that afternoon and offered me the job!!

I must have thought that I looked worse than I did, because no one ever mentioned the hair style or if I mentioned the nightmare at the salon, they just thought that the style was some kind of edgy, punky, individual look; but no one ever said that it looked awful. I don't know if I was just being a drama queen or if people were just being nice, but no one except me thought I looked fucking ridiculous. Of course, none of them had seen the vagina at the back before I had that insane hair stylist shave it off!!

Elite Member

Sojita, make them give you a glaze, which will inconspicuously darken the hair you have and make it look like there's more of it.

Soj you are a bigger person than i!

its happened to me a few times. once when my son was 10 i met the girl at the counter, and told her exactly what i wanted, a trim to his hair. he had hair to his shoulders, very healthy and beautiful. they went back to her station, and he came back with his head shaved! i exploded!!!!! she said 'well he said he wanted it shaved' i not so nicely screamed at her that he was TEN! we got a 100 dollar JC Penneys gift card for that fiasco.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A*O

Soj - there comes a time when men look younger and sexier with really short hair. Embrace it and rejoice in the fact that you have enough hair to cut in the first place!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Sojita, I'm sorry you had a negatory haircut experience. I'll add that I love, love short hair on men. I think it looks sexy.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Once,when I was 8. I had great hair-long enough,just past my shoulders. Mother told the lady to trim it-I heard her! Mother then started chatting with some friend of hers,the woman took one whack on the right side and there it was-right up to my ear-the top of my ear. I froze & she just kept whacking away. Mother finally noticed,but it was too late. I went home ,cried & refused to come out of my room for that day. Next day ,one of my play mates (a boy) told me it looked really pretty. It did not,but I believed him enough to get over it. Years later I found out my Mom had called his house & begged his Mother to get him to say that! It worked.
    Last edited by McJag; February 16th, 2009 at 01:12 AM.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Soj, you are too kind-hearted to have paid and tipped especially when they offered it to you for free. Bless you.

When I was around 6 or 7 my mom took me to get my hair cut... I don't know what compelled me to tell them I wanted BANGS but I did.. and I sat there, silently, as the hairdresser lopped off 6 inches from my hair and gave me bangs straight across my head.. I had a bob down to my chin and bangs that only reached to the middle of my forehead. I sat there and didn't say a word as fat tears rolled down my cheeks. Finally they asked why I was crying and I ran out and sat in the car and looked at myself in the mirror for a good 10 minutes, crying. It sucked. Bad part is: she had already blowdried my hair so it was straight... when I washed my hair it was just a ball of short frizz... took two years to grow out.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^The image of that is hilarious

Once I went to dye my hair at new salon and the stupid lady dyed it WAY too dark. I told her dark blonde and she fucking dyed it brown (dark hair does NOT look good on me). I looked like death. It was awful. She had to put something to release the color (no idea what it's called). Never went back to that place again. That was college.

When I was a 5, my mother decided to cut my hair short. Like really fucking short, boy-style. I was so pissed and cried and cried and cried. Since then, never have I ever worn my hair that short again and honestly think I have a complex about it. I've been saying I'll cut my hair into a bob for awhile now but cannot bring myself to do it. I just can't part with the longer hair.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Once,when I was 8. I had great hair-long enough,just past my shoulders. Mother told the lady to trim it-I heard her! Mother then started chatting with some friend of hers,the woman took one whack on the right side and there it was-right up to my ear-the top of my ear. I froze & she just kept whacking away. Mother finally noticed,but it was too late. I went home ,cried & refused to come out of my room for that day. Next day ,one of my play mates (a boy) told me it looked really pretty. It did not,but I believed him enough to get over it. Years later I found out my Mom had called his house & begged his Mother to get him to say that! It worked.
    aw McJag, what a wonderful mom you have!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I once walked out of a salon, age six, with hair like Elvis. My only regret is that I didn't have a camera with me, because my Mum fixed it as soon as we got home!
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Once I went to dye my hair at new salon and the stupid lady dyed it WAY too dark. I told her dark blonde and she fucking dyed it brown (dark hair does NOT look good on me). I looked like death. It was awful. She had to put something to release the color (no idea what it's called). Never went back to that place again. That was college.

When I was a 5, my mother decided to cut my hair short. Like really fucking short, boy-style. I was so pissed and cried and cried and cried. Since then, never have I ever worn my hair that short again and honestly think I have a complex about it. I've been saying I'll cut my hair into a bob for awhile now but cannot bring myself to do it. I just can't part with the longer hair.
    Some idiotic whore dyed my hair orange once. She put the wrong tint in my hair or something and tried to balance it out with a toner and it was all fucked up. I looked retarded. I went home and cried.

The first time I colored my hair, my mom did it. She used a cap and I came out with fucking cheetah spots on my head. It was horrible.. but I couldn't get upset because my mom felt even worse. I had to go get it corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    She used a cap and I came out with fucking cheetah spots on my head. It was horrible..
    Aww.. you poor thing. I did laugh a little reading that, though. LOL.
    I'm glad you got it fixed pronto! I had to just let my hair grow out which took eons since my hair does not grow fast at all!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information