Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaseline tops list of beauty products women can't live without

Default Vaseline tops list of beauty products women can't live without

Poll position: Forget more expensive lotions and potions, Vaseline Lip Therapy has been voted the number one beauty product

It may only cost 99p, but for thousands of women this small tub of lip balm is invaluable.
    The simple Vaseline moisturiser has topped a list of 20 beauty products that women can't live without.
    It beat expensive face creams and hair treatments in a poll of 2,000 women.
    Soothing E45 cream was second followed by hair dye, Nivea hand cream and a packet of Simple face wipes.
    Other beauty products women are unable to go without include Maybelline mascara, Johnson's body lotion and Olay moisturiser.
    Jeff Wemyss, trading director for Superdrug said: 'When asked what women couldn't do without, whatever the cost, it's Vaseline that came out top.
    'The little tin of soothing salve not only protects skin from the effects of weather and exposure, it also acts like a sealant to protect the natural water loss of our skin and is a staple handbag item for women across the nation.
    'None of the items in the top ten are necessarily luxury items, just reliable, timeless, products which have earned their place as essential beauty basics over the years.
    'This research tells us that in 2009 British women will still be looking after their beauty needs and returning to the faithful products they know and trust rather than splashing out on expensive beauty fads.'
    Researchers for Superdrug found that 63 per cent of women say they will have to cut back on the amount they spend on themselves.
    But around 62 per cent would rather stop spending money on clothes than sacrifice their favourite beauty products.
    And 42 per cent would even prefer to cut down on their bills so they can afford beauty essentials.

Enlarge

But while 38 per cent say they feel guilty buying expensive branded products, 45 per cent say they plan to switch to cheaper own brand alternatives to save cash.
    However, 42 per cent admit they buy some expensive brands just because they look better when on display in their bathroom.
    Mr Wemyss said: 'This year is going to be the year that savvy shoppers will snap up cheaper own brand products and discover that it's what's in the bottle that counts.'

Lip service: Vaseline tops list of beauty products women just can't live without | Mail Online

Ohh, St.Ives apricot face scrub...I love that stuff. It always makes my skin feel lovely afer I use it.

Haha, how sad that I don't even own one of those 'essentials!

SVZ

I wonder how different the list would've been if say...Neiman Marcus or Sephora had conducted it.

I doubt Superdrug sells Creme de La Mer.

A*O

^^ Exactly! Having said that my friend keeps a very large tub of Vaseline by her bed and I've never plucked up the courage to ask her why...
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Sunscreen isn't on that list? So much for being beauty essentials. Enjoy the wrinkly, leathery skin then, respondents...

vaseline or baby oil has never touched my body even when i was a baby, gross.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

vaseline is yucky.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

^^^
    Your loss, Vaseline is AMAZING for chapped lips. My husband uses it for his dermatitis on his hands. That's why we have a jar of it on our nightstand!

I used to use baby oil on my hair to make it less frizzy. It worked pretty well in small amounts, and smelt lovely.

I like Vaseline, but it only gets so much good press is because it's a basic product that does exactly what it says and is very cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Sunscreen isn't on that list? So much for being beauty essentials. Enjoy the wrinkly, leathery skin then, respondents...

No shit! I use Obagi Sunscreen every day, it is the first thing that goes on after my toner. I have never used Vaseline or baby oil, they are way to greasy. I make my own olive oil sugar scrub and I love it.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    ^^^
    Your loss, Vaseline is AMAZING for chapped lips. My husband uses it for his dermatitis on his hands. That's why we have a jar of it on our nightstand!
    i wouldn't really consider not using petrol by-products near my mouth a loss, but to each their own.

i personally find beeswax to be the best thing i've used for chapped lips.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

^ I love Burt's Bees lip balm. Bees wax is the shit... I just ordered a couple of cases of Original Bee's Wax to sell in my store... it's great on leather products.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    i wouldn't really consider not using petrol by-products near my mouth a loss, but to each their own.
    Fair point, I suppose.

I love beeswax. I'm not sure I've ever seen Vaseline in a little tin like that--is it sold that way everywhere in the U.S.?

I don't use Vaseline petroleum jelly for anything on my body. BUT it is a wicked good household lubricant, like for old sliding glass doors and closet doors (on sliders) that stick.
    Last edited by Shinola; January 6th, 2009 at 01:59 AM.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information